January 21, 2010
Calendar of Events
• NAACP meeting Sat., Jan. 23, 10 a.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church. All members are invited to attend. Special guest speaker, Patty Tucker, executive director, American Red Cross of North Mississippi.
• Singing Fourth Saturday night singing, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly. Singers from the local area and congregational singing for all. Singing begins at 7 p.m. and everyone is invited to attend and enjoy the entire evening in song.
• Usher day The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Usher Day Program in the new church building at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Sylvester Hamilton and Miracle Temple COGIC of Victoria. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Sunday service, 11 a.m. at Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Rd. A cakewalk will be held after service. Everyone is cordially invited to come and fellowship. Pastor, Eddie Joe Wilson.
• New pastor Wilkins Chapel CME Church is doing a new thing. All members and former members are invited to church each Sunday, with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m. 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford. New pastor, Rev. Robert L. Odum.
• Class meeting W.T. Sims Class of 1967 will meet Jan. 30, at Pizza Hut, Hwy. 7 S., Holly Springs. Important, please attend. Chairman, James Alford.
• Meeting The Marshall County Fair Association membership meeting will be held at 7 p.m. at the fairgrounds.
• Meeting The Marshall County branch of the American Cancer Society Relay for Life will meet Thurs., Jan. 28, 5:30 p.m. at the library. Team captains’ meeting will follow at 6:30 p.m.
• Super Bowl Sunday Mighty God Ministries of Victoria, Sun., Jan. 31, 2 p.m. All male choruses are invited to participate. The public is invited. Pastor, Marvin Brooks.
• Meeting and rehearsal The FW Coleman Theatre Club meets and rehearses the first Tues. of the month, 1-6 p.m., 3877 Cayce Rd. Call 662-851-7678 to request our participation in your outreach program.
• Awards banquet Marshall County Black History Coalition presents their 4th annual awards banquet, Feb. 6 at St. Paul Outreach Center, Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia. Guest speaker will be James Meredith. Donations at the door. Sponsored by the Marshall County Black Coalition, State Rep. Kelvin Buck and Rev. Andrew Cheairs.
• Musical program Rising Star MB Church, Sat., Feb. 6, 6 p.m. All groups, male choruses and choirs are asked to take part. Robert McClain, pastor.
• Singing, Chewalla Baptist Church, featuring “Picking Up The Pieces.” Fellowship meal at 5:30 p.m. and singing at 7.
• Celebration The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their grand opening celebration for the new church at 3 p.m. Special guest will be the bishop for the Northern Jurisdiction in MS, T.T. Scott of St. James COGIC in Clarksdale. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Dedication service, Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, Mon., Feb. 8, 7 p.m. Conducted by Elder Connie Wright and the House of Faith COGIC of Somerville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Banquet Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a Valentine’s banquet, Sat., Feb. 13, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• music workshop Smith Grove MB Church choir, Feb. 17-19, 6:30 p.m. nightly. Climax on Feb. 20 with a worship concert at 6:30 p.m. There is a fee. Call Sis. Darlean Dowdy, 662-252-5014 or Sis. LaTosha Pigues, 901-517-4224. W.C. Conner, pastor, Sis. Queen McClain, director of music ministries.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page