Calendar of Events
• VBS New Faith Outreach Ministries, July 21-23, 6:30 p.m. nightly. Host pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• Birthday celebration Eddie Lee Smith Memorial Birthday celebration, July 22, 6 p.m., at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N. Memphis St., Holly Springs. Musical tribute by Smith’s three sons. Speaker will be Mayor Andre DeBerry. Everyone is invited. For more info, call Leona Harris, 662-252-3232.
• Kick-off barbecue Byhalia Middle School invites parents to come to a barbecue and meet the administrators, July 22, 5-7 p.m.
• Bowl-A-Thon Citizens Bank employees are having a Bowl-a-Thon at Strike Zone in Southaven to raise money for St. Jude. For more info. contact Patsy Shelton, 662-838-2146. Come by and cheer us on at 6:15 p.m. at Strike Zone.
• Self-esteem classes City of Holly
Springs Park and Recreation Dept. is hosting classes for teenage girls
at 10 a.m. and for young men at 1 p.m. at the Multi-Purpose Building.
• Food drive The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will sponsor a food drive at Carlisle’s Big Star on July 24 Food and non-perishable items will be donated to New Hope Village, Holly Springs.
• love day celebration for Rev. and Mrs. Willie Hoey, Pleasant Hill CME Church, 6:30 p.m. Rev. Jeffries and Strawberry MB Church, guests. Everyone is invited.
• Youth Blowout at Bibleway
Outreach Fellowship, 5573 Highway 178 in Byhalia, Saturday, July 24 at
noon. The free fun event encourages youth of all ages to attend and
enjoy arts and crafts, face painting, bowling, bean toss, food, and
prizes. The second annual Youth Blowout is cosponsored by the
Mississippi Tobacco Free Coalition of Union, Benton and Marshall
Counties. For more info., call Lora Austin at 662-838-2163.
• Pre-anniversary Service Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a pre-anniversary service for Pastor Curtis and evangelist Richenda Pritchard Sunday, July 25, at 3 p.m. Special guests will be superintendent Dudley Lewellen and the Greater Evangelist Faith COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• youth recognition, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 11 a.m. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford.
• LOVE Day Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, July 25, 3 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. Charles Shack of Beckley Chapel, Booneville. For more info. call the church, 662-252-1038. Host pastor, Jerry Christian Jr.
• Homecoming Victoria Heights Baptist Church will celebrate homecoming. Following the morning service there will be a potluck dinner followed by gospel singing featuring the Danny Smith Singers from Olive Branch. The church is located on Victoria Rd. at US Hwy. 78, in Victoria. All past, present and future members are welcome. Services will begin at 11 a.m., lunch immediately after and the singing at 2 p.m.
• Homecoming, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, 766 Evangel Dr., Holly Springs, will observe its 47th anniversary and homecoming July 25, with all-day services, beginning at 9:45 a.m. Sunday School, missionary service, morning service, afternoon dinner in the fellowship hall and singing in the afternoon. Evangelist Robert Chumley of Atoka, Tenn., will minister in the morning and The Peppers of Byhalia will be featured guest singers in the afternoon, with local singers and congregational singing for all. Everyone is invited.
• Revival Spring
Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, July 25-28, with Bro. Tom McLaughlin,
BSU director at NWCC, leading the services. Bro. Kirby Ladner, pastor
of Taylor Baptist Church, will lead music. Sunday services, 10:30 a.m.
and 6 p.m., Mon.-Wed., 7 p.m. Host pastor, Bro. John Parker, invites
• VBS 2010: Praise Party will begin next week at Anderson Chapel Christian Methodist Church, July 26-30, 6-8 p.m. Come be a part of a week full of arts and crafts, and music. Food will be served too! Group studies and activities are available for ages 3 to adults. The public is invited!
Coaches meeting Adult fall softball coaches will meet Mon., July 26, at
the Multi-Purpose Building, 6 p.m. For more info. call 252-4807.
• Revival, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 7 p.m. Pastor Bruce Williams and Ark of Safety Church family will be special guests. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford.
Revival, July 28-30, starting 7:30 nightly at Bell Grove MB Church, 853
Tyro Road, Holly Springs. The pastor, “Servant” Marvin Lucas Sr., and
members are inviting everyone to this worship service. Pastor Hosea
Wright of Zion Hill Church is the guest evangelist.
• Gospel music extravaganza, Zeta Sigma Building, July 31, 3 p.m. Sponsored by CHJ Academy and Mr. and Mrs. Isom. Fund-raiser for academic scholarships for the 2010-11 school year. All proceeds will go to the Roddrick Isom Scholarship Fund.
• All day fellowship Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, noon until 7 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor. All day youth and young adult fellowship with the pastor.
• REUNION The descendants of Hank and Mahalia Mitchell will hold a family reunion barbecue, 12:30 p.m. at Wall Doxey State Park-Shed #1. If you are descendants of Bennie Mitchell, Maybell Hamilton or Odell Hollowell or related in any other way, you are invited to attend. There is no cost. For additional information, please contact Oscar Douglas, 773-332-8365.
• Bake Sale! At Piggly Wiggly in Byhalia hosted by Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God. Be sure to stop by to pick up a delectable treat.
• Gospel celebration The Divine Reflections Gospel Singers second celebration, Sat., July 31, 6 p.m. Jones Grove Church, 305 Hwy. 7 South, host pastor Rev. John Powell. Many groups on the schedule. Climax will be Aug. 1 at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, host pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. with many groups. Emcees, Pat Boga and Charles Anthony.
• Homecoming Sand Hill Baptist Church, Lamar, Sun., Aug. 1, 2 p.m. Rev. Norman and Mt. Newell Church family will be guests. Everyone is invited. Rev. Etoy Bogard, pastor.
• Revival Free Branch MB Church, pastor, J.L. Tunstall. Evangelist for the week will be Bishop C. Gipson.
• Revival Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., pastored by Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will be in revival, Aug. 3-5, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest evangelist will be Rev. Bobby L. Young from Bible Temple Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kan.
DOG DAYS Marshall County Humane Society presents Dog Days Goes Country
to benefit homeless animals of Marshall County. There will be a live
and silent auction, 5:30-9 p.m. at the VFW in Holly Springs. There will
be live music and food for sell.
Picnic Community Temple Church, off Mt. Zion Rd., is planning a day of
fun and food Aug. 7. School supplies will be handed out. Come visit us.
Pastor, Frank Moore, 851-0973 or 851-3388.
Sundaes! Here’s a special treat you don’t want to miss. The
Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria, is hosting a
Sunday Sundae fund-raiser 7 p.m. at the church. Ice cream will be $1
per scoop with your choice of topping.
• Guest speaker Special guest Evangelist Ryan Post to speak at Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria, at 10 a.m. Everyone is welcome!
• Homecoming Fellowship Baptist Church hosts homecoming, with dinner on the grounds and singing at 1:30 p.m. The Joylanders from Trenton, Tenn., will be guests. Wade Crum is pastor. The church is located on Hwy. 309 North, Byhalia Road.
Back to School Blast with AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of
God,Victoria. This will be a day in the sun full of fun. For more
information be at Friendship A. G. on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. Church
located on Hwy. 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd. to
• Prayer Breakfast
7:30 a.m. hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly
of God,Victoria. All men are invited to be here and take part in this
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page