Calendar of Events
• Revival Hopewell #1 will be having their revival July 14-16, 7 p.m. Rev. Eddie Goliday of Clear Creek Baptist Church in Oxford will deliver the message. Rev. Leroy James, host pastor.
• Pastor and wife’s 31st anniversary Jones Grove Church, Old Hwy. 7, July 14, 7 p.m. Guest speaker Rev. Robert Bowers and True Faith Church, host pastor Rev. John Powell.
• 4-H meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on Thursday, July 15. We are always looking for new members.
• Youth night, Jones Grove Church, Old Hwy 7 S.
• Gospel explosion, Jones Grove Church, with many participating on the program. Host pastor, Rev. John Powell.
• Youth Summit Pentecostal prayer -- parents, bring your children and pray with and for them. Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, 6 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will host singing featuring The Turner Family, Bluegrass gospel. Fellowship at 5 p.m., singing at 6 p.m.
• Flea market Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a summer flea market on the new church grounds, 7 a.m. Vendor booths are available. For more information call Jorena Pritchard at 662-851-3323 or Sammie Smith at 901-650-0590.
• GALACTIC BLAST ONE-DAY VBS at Red Banks United Methodist Church, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Ages 4 to 12. Join us in a cosmic adventure praising God. For information call 662-610-5381.
• Prayer Breakfast will be at Grays Chapel CME Church on July 17 at 9 a.m. Rev. Denise and Bro. Mitchell Modest will offer words of inspiration.
• Rummage Sale, car wash, barbecue, True Vine MB Church, 525 West Street, July 17, 7 a.m. - 12 noon. Pastor Darrell Cunningham.
• Missionary Banquet at Mt. Newell MB Church, 1861 North Red Banks Road, Red Banks, 7 p.m. For information contact Sis. Louis E. Jefferson at 662-551-8054.
• musical Jones Grove Church, 7 p.m. featuring many groups and singers. Emcee Rev. John Powell.
• Dinner plates New Dimension Ministry will be selling dinner plates, Sun., July 17, 3 p.m. Chicken or barbecue, with fixings. Pastor, Elder Actavatis A. Allen.
• Youth praise team Extravaganza, All regional praise teams are invited. Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, 6 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
• FARMER’S MARKET First and third Saturday of each month, sponsored by Red Banks United Methodist Church, located directly across from Red Banks Post Office on Yarbrough Loop. Free booth space. Open to the public and local growers. For more information contact 662-610-5381.
• Blood drive at the 22nd annual Kudzu Festival, arts and crafts fair on the square, Sat., July 17, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. MS Blood Services donor coach will be parked at the courthouse square. All donors will receive a T-shirt. Please bring ID.
• Love Banquet Adolphus Chapel CME Church, honoring Pastor Billy and Sis. Margrett Williams, Sat., July 17, 7 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church family life center. Speaker is Rev. Etoy Bogard of Sand Hill MB Church. Tickets are being sold now. Call Bonnie Isom, 662-252-5243 for more info.
• In concert Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Road, Lamar, will host The Master’s Quartet from Houston, in concert. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m., concert at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Workshop Youth Summer Workshop, Finley Grove MB Church, third and fourth Saturdays, July 17 and 24, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
• VBS Emory Independent Methodist Church at Watson, from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday night with a Rodeo Roundup. Registration with games, face painting, a petting zoo and a meal. Parents are invited! Cowboys welcome! Bible School will be Mon.-Thurs., 5:30-8 p.m. Friday night the VBS program will start at 6 p.m. with refreshments after. Ages are birth through sixth grade. Call 901-834-5727 for more information.
• Family month July is family month at Free Branch. Homecoming/Family and Friends Day will be the third Sunday, July 18, 2 p.m. Speaker will be Marvin Brooks and Mighty God Ministry.
• Usher Day St. Mark MB Church Usher board is sponsoring its annual Usher Day program on Sunday, July 18 at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. McClain and Rising Star of Holly Springs. Rev. Patrick Bailey, pastor.
• Family and Friends Day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having annual Family and Friends Day Sunday, July 18 at 3 p.m. Special guest will be elder William T. Edmonds and the New Philadelphia Friendship COGIC of Memphis, Tenn., also the Sand Hill MB mass choir of Lamar. Everyone is invited.
• Pastor and wife love day, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 11 a.m. Pastor Wilson and Mt. Pisgah Church family will be special guests. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford,
• Climax Sunday Jones Grove Church, 3 p.m. Guest speaker Rev. Ron Cox and Mt. Peel Church family. Host pastor Rev. John Powell. The public is invited.
• Children’s Day Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, 9 a.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
• EARLY SERViCE Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Road, Byhalia, will have early service, 9 a.m. Pastor Eddie Joe Wilson invites everyone.
• Youth day program Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, 3 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor. Guest speaker, Minister Frederick Jones from Tabernacle Baptist Church, Memphis, Tenn.
• VBS Calvary Baptist Church, Rising Star Road, Holly Springs, will have Vacation Bible School, July 18-23. Monday through Thursday will begin at 5 p.m. with the finale on Friday beginning at 6 p.m. for ages 4 years old through eighth grade.
• Family and friends day Mt. Teamer CME Church, July 18, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited to come and worship with us. Rev. Lexine Smith will be the guest speaker, along with guest choirs and singers.
• Homecoming and family and friends day, Free Branch MB Church, Sun., July 18, 2 p.m. Rev. Marvin Brooks and Mighty God Ministry will be the guests. Everyone is cordially invited. Dinner will be served. Rev. Joe L. Tunstall, pastor.
• VBS Isaac Chapel CME Church, 7080 Hernando Rd., Byhalia, July 19-23, from 6-9 p.m.
• Community revival, St. Mark MB Church, July 26-30 nightly. Pastors for the services will be Patrick Bailey of St. Mark, Tony Wilkins of St. Paul CME Church, Edward Moses of Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church, and Willie Harper of Mt. Teamer CME Church.
• VBS Clear Creek Baptist Church, July 19-23, 6-8:30 p.m. nightly. Saddle Ridge is the theme.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• VBS New Faith Outreach Ministries, July 21-23, 6:30 p.m. nightly. Host pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• Birthday celebration Eddie Lee Smith Memorial Birthday celebration, July 22, 6 p.m., at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N Memphis St., Holly Springs. Musical tribute by Smith's three sons. Speaker will be Mayor Andre DeBerry. Everyone is invited. For more info, call Leona Harris, 662-252-3232.
• Kick-off barbecue Byhalia Middle School invites parents to come to a barbecue and meet the administrators, July 22, 5-7 p.m.
• Food drive The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will sponsor a Food Drive at Carlisle’s Big Star on July 24 Food and nonperishable items will be donated to New Hope Village, Holly Springs.
• love day celebration for Rev. and Mrs. Willie Hoey, Pleasant Hill CME Church, 6:30 p.m. Rev. Jeffries and Strawberry MB Church, guests. Everyone is invited.
• Pre-anniversary Service Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a for pastor Curtis and evangelist Richenda Pritchard Sunday, July 25, at 3 p.m. Special guest will be superintendent Dudley Lewellen and the Greater Evangelist Faith COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• youth recognition, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 11 a.m. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford.
• LOVE Day Pastor and wife love day, Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, July 25, 3 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. Charles Jack of Beckley Chapel, Booneville. For more info. call the church, 662-252-1038.
• Homecoming Victoria Heights Baptist Church will celebrate homecoming. Following the morning service there will be a potluck dinner followed by gospel singing.
• Revival, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 7 p.m. Pastor Bruce Williams and Ark of Safety Church family will be special guests. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford.
• Gospel music extravaganza, Zeta Sigma Building, July 31, 3 p.m. Sponsored by CHJ Academy and Mr. and Mrs. Isom. Fundraiser for academic scholarships for the 2010-11 school year. All proceeds will go to the Roddrick Isom Scholarship Fund.
• All day fellowship Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, noon until 7 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor. All day youth and young adult fellowship with the pastor.
• REUNION The descendants of Hank and Mahalia Mitchell will hold a family reunion barbecue, 12:30 p.m. at Wall Doxey State Park-Shed #1. If you are descendants of Bennie Mitchell, Maybell Hamilton or Odell Hollowell or related in any other way, you are invited to attend. There is no cost. For additional information, please contact Oscar Douglas, 773-332-8365.
• Revival Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., pastored by Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will be in revival, Aug. 3-5, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest evangelist will be Rev. Bobby L. Young from Bible Temple Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kan.
• DOG DAYS Marshall County Humane Society presents Dog Days Goes Country to benefit homeless animals of Marshall County. There wil be a live and silent auction, 5:30-9:00 p.m. at the ◊VFW in Holly Springs. There will be live music and food for sell.
• Picnic Community Temple Church, off Mt. Zion Rd., is planning a day of fun and food Aug. 7. School supplies will be handed out. Come visit us. Pastor, Frank Moore, 851-0973 or 851-3388.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page