Calendar of Events
• VBS Pleasant Hill CME
Church, Mt. Pleasant, July 7-9, 6 p.m. nightly, all adults and children
invited. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor.
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett commemorative banquet, Saturday, July 10, 7 p.m. Guest speaker: Tiana L. Ferrell, Ida B. Wells’ great-granddaughter. Hudsonville CME Church Family Life Center, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For more info. call 662-252-3232. Donation requested at the door.
• Singing New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, will have a singing Saturday night, July 10, starting at 7 p.m. Featured guest singers will be The Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend. Fellowship supper to follow singing. Everyone invited.
• Rummage and food sale Nichols Chapel CME Church will have a rummage sale and food sale, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., 92 Algee, Byhalia. Rev. Michael Adams is pastor. To purchase booth call Erma Rogers, 662-838-2387.
• Boater Ed class Held by the MS Dept. of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, July 10, 8 a.m. until, at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Students must be at least 10 years of age and have their Social Security number. To sign up, call the MDWFD district office at 662-563-6330. The class is offered online at mdwfp.com, pwcsafetyschool.com or nauticalknowhow.com.
• VBS Barton Baptist Church, 523 Quinn Road, will have VBS for grades K-6. Kickoff will be Saturday 12-4 p.m. with a waterslide. VBS will be July 12-16, 5:30-8:30 p.m. For more information call 662-895-2306, www.bartonfbc.weebly.com.
• Pastor and wife’s love night, July 10, 6 p.m., Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Cayce Rd. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Rummage Sale, Watson Fire Dept., July 9-10, 8 a.m. til 2 p.m., 121 Watson Rd., Byhalia.
• BANQUET Mt. Pisgah CME Church is having a fellowship banquet for Pastor Eddie Joe and Sister Linda Wilson, 6 p.m. Tickets $15.
• VBS Byhalia United Methodist Church will host VBS, titled Hero Headquarters, July 11-15, 6-8 p.m. Each day kids will participate in the large-group excitement of Hero HQ. For more info. call Amy Poteet, 662-838-2237, www.vacationbibleschool.com/byhalia.ms.
• Benefit program for Bro. Edison Hardaway at Mt. Newell MB Church, 1861 North Red Banks Road, Red Banks, 6 p.m. For information contact Sis. Louis E. Jefferson at 662-551-8054.
• Pastor and
wife banquet Jones Grove Church, Old Hwy. 7, Holly Springs, in the
fellowship hall, 7 p.m. Guest speaker Pastor Equator Benton,
toastmaster Pastor Robert McClain, host pastor Rev. John Powell.
• Blood drive The Knights of Columbus are having a compassionate blood drive in honor of Albert Jones, Sun., July 11, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. in the social hall of St. Joseph Catholic Church., 305 E. Van Dorn Ave.
• A Love Day celebration to benefit Pastor Charles E. Gillespie and family will be held at 2:30 p.m. at Mt. Gillian MB Church in Byhalia. All area churches are invited to attend. Anyone interested in participating in the event can call Rev. Archie Bowen, 901-550-5659; Rev. Joe Tunstall, 662-838-6995; or Michael Foster, 901-517-2723. The church is located at 774 Stonewall Road, Byhalia.
• Church anniversary Pleasant Hill CME Church will celebrate their 136th church anniversary, July 11, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Michael Hughes, guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Appreciation service Anderson Chapel CME Church will have appreciation services for Rev. Denise Anders-Modest and Bro. Mitchell Modest on July 11 at 10:45 a.m. and 3 p.m. Minister Sharon White will be the guest speaker at 10:45 a.m. Rev. Zella Bobo will be the guest speaker at 3 p.m. The public is invited!
• HOMECOMING Rice Chapel Methodist Church, Hwy. 72, will have homecoming with The Williams Family as guest singers. Dinner will be at 12 noon and singing following. Walter Myers, pastor, invites everyone to attend.
• LOVE DAY Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Road, will have regular service at 11 a.m. and Pastor and Wife’s Love Day at 2:30 p.m.
Revival Emory Independent Methodist Church, starting Sunday, July 11 at
11 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday - Wednesday, July 12 - 14 at 7 p.m. The
revival will be hosted by Pastor Creighton White. Come meet Pastor
White and welcome him to our community.
• Vacation Bible School at West Sandidge Church of Christ, 8115 W. Sandidge Rd., Olive Branch, July 12-16, 7-9 p.m. The theme is: Rise and Shine for Jesus Christ.
• Youth day Christ New
Beginning MB Church invites you to come and worship with us on July 12,
as we celebrate our Youth Day at 2:30 p.m. Pastor Ladryl Odum and St.
Mark Church Family will be one of our guests. Pastor Harvey L. Garrison
is the host pastor. Church is located at 440 Martin Luther King Drive
in Holly Springs.
• Revival Hopewell #1 will be having their revival July 14-16, 7 p.m. Rev. Eddie Goliday of Clear Creek Baptist Church in Oxford will deliver the message. Rev. Leroy James, host pastor.
• Pastor and wife’s 31st anniversary Jones Grove Church, Old Hwy. 7, July 14, 7 p.m. Guest speaker Rev. Robert Bowers and True Faith Church, host pastor Rev. John Powell.
• 4-H meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on Thursday, July 15. We are always looking for new members.
• Youth night, Jones Grove Church, Old Hwy 7 S.
• Gospel explosion, Jones Grove Church, with many participating on the program. Host pastor, Rev. John Powell.
Youth Summit Pentecostal prayer -- parents, bring your children and
pray with and for them. Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, 6 p.m. Rev. J.W.
Smith Jr., host pastor.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will host singing featuring The Turner Family, Bluegrass gospel. Fellowship at 5 p.m., singing at 6 p.m.
• Flea market Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a summer flea market on the new church grounds, 7 a.m. Vendor booths are available. For more information call Jorena Pritchard at 662-851-3323 or Sammie Smith at 901-650-0590.
• GALACTIC BLAST ONE-DAY VBS at Red Banks United Methodist Church, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Ages 4 to 12. Join us in a cosmic adventure praising God. For information call 662-610-5381.
• Prayer Breakfast will be at Grays Chapel CME Church on July 17 at 9 a.m. Rev. Denise and Bro. Mitchell Modest will offer words of inspiration.
• Rummage Sale, car wash, barbecue, True Vine MB Church, 525 West Street, July 17, 7 a.m. - 12 noon. Pastor Darrell Cunningham.
• Missionary Banquet at Mt. Newell MB Church, 1861 North Red Banks Road, Red Banks, 7 p.m. For information contact Sis. Louis E. Jefferson at 662-551-8054.
• musical Jones Grove Church, 7 p.m. featuring many groups and singers. Emcee Rev. John Powell.
• Dinner plates New Dimension Ministry will be selling dinner plates, Sun., July 17, 3 p.m. Chicken or barbecue, with fixings. Pastor, Elder Actavatis A. Allen.
• Youth praise team
Extravaganza, All regional praise teams are invited. Kimbrough Chapel
MB Church, 6 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
• VBS Emory Independent Methodist Church at Watson, from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday night with a Rodeo Roundup. Registration with games, face painting, a petting zoo and a meal. Parents are invited! Cowboys welcome! Bible School will be Mon.-Thurs., 5:30-8 p.m. Friday night the VBS program will start at 6 p.m. with refreshments after. Ages are birth through sixth grade. Call 901-834-5727 for more information.
• Family month July is family month at Free Branch. Homecoming/family and friends day will be the third Sunday, July 18, 2 p.m. Speaker will be Marvin Brooks and Mighty God Ministry.
• Usher Day St. Mark MB Church usher board is sponsoring its annual Usher Day program on Sunday, July 18 at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. McClain and Rising Star of Holly Springs. Rev. Patrick Bailey, pastor.
• Family and Friends Day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having annual Family and Friends Day Sunday, July 18 at 3 p.m. Special guest will be elder William T. Edmonds and the New Philadelphia Friendship COGIC of Memphis, Tenn., also the Sand Hill MB mass choir of Lamar. Everyone is invited.
• Pastor and wife love day, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 11 a.m. Pastor Wilson and Mt. Pisgah Church family will be special guests. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford,
• Climax Sunday Jones Grove Church, 3 p.m. Guest speaker Rev. Ron Cox and Mt. Peel Church family. Host pastor Rev. John Powell. The public is invited.
• Children’s Day Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, 9 a.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
Youth day program Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, 3 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith
Jr., host pastor. Guest speaker, Minister Frederick Jones from
Tabernacle Baptist Church, Memphis, Tenn.
• VBS Isaac Chapel CME Church, 7080 Hernando Rd., Byhalia, July 19-23, from 6-9 p.m.
Birthday celebration Eddie Lee Smith Memorial Birthday celebration,
July 22, 6 p.m., at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N
Memphis St., Holly Springs. Musical tribute by Smith’sthree sons.
Speaker will be Mayor Andre DeBerry. Everyone is invited. For more
info, call Leona Harris, 662-252-3232.
• Food drive The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will sponsor a Food Drive at Carlisle’s Big Star on July 24 Food and nonperishable items will be donated to New Hope Village, Holly Springs.
love day celebration for Rev. and Mrs. Willie Hoey, Pleasant Hill CME
Church, 6:30 p.m. Rev. Jeffries and Strawberry MB Church, guests.
Everyone is invited.
• Pre-anniversary Service Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a for pastor Curtis and evangelist Richenda Pritchard Sunday, July 25, at 3 p.m. Special guest will be superintendent Dudley Lewellen and the Greater Evangelist Faith COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
youth recognition, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor,
11 a.m. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford,
Revival, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 7 p.m.
Pastor Bruce Williams and Ark of Safety Church family will be special
guests. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford.
• Gospel music extravaganza, Zeta Sigma Building, July 31, 3 p.m. Sponsored by CHJ Academy and Mr. and Mrs. Isom. Fundraiser for academic scholarships for the 2010-11 school year. All proceeds will go to the Roddrick Isom Scholarship Fund.
• All day
fellowship Kimbrough Chapel MB Church, noon until 7 p.m. Rev. J.W.
Smith Jr., host pastor. All day youth and young adult fellowship with
• Revival Mt. Moriah
MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., pastored by Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will be
in revival, Aug. 3-5, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest evangelist will be Rev.
Bobby L. Young from Bible Temple Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kan.
Picnic Community Temple Church, off Mt. Zion Rd., is planning a day of
fun and food Aug. 7. School supplies will be handed out. Come visit us.
Pastor, Frank Moore, 851-0973 or 851-3388.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page