Calendar of Events
• 4-H Bingo Marshall
County Library, 6 p.m. Free and open to the public. Parents must
register by calling Mary Hicks, 662-252-5920. For children ages eight
to 18. Each child must be accompanied by an adult (one adult for each
• 4-H meeting The Lessye
Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on
Thursday, July 1. We are always looking for new members.
• Rayford and Sanderson Empowerment Conference Saturday, July 3, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Asbury United Methodist Church, Holly Springs. Many speakers on health and succeeding in life.
• FARMERS MARKET this Saturday 7 a.m.- 1 p.m., sponsored by Red Banks United Methodist Church, located directly across from Red Banks Post Office on Yarbrough Loop. Free booth space, open to the public and local growers. For information call 662-610-5381.
• CELEBRATION Shiloh Baptist Church at Barton will have an Independence Day Celebration, on Saturday, July 3, 6 p.m. There will be fireworks, food, fun and fellowship. Everyone is invited.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church in Holly Springs, Sat., July 3, featuring the nationally known gospel singers The Dartts from Greenbrier, Tenn. Fellowship meal at 5:30 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. For info call Bro. Jimmy Curle at 662-837-1347 or cell 662-837-2081.
• Reunion The Craine Family Reunion will be held at the Shriner building, Hwy. 4 East, July 3, 1 p.m. until. If you are related, you are invited. All family and friends are welcome.
Reunion Strawberry MB Church young adult choir will have a grand
reunion, July 3-4, at the church. All former and current young adult
choir members are invited. Rehearsal and cook-out, Sat., 10-12 noon;
concert, Sun., 11 a.m. Call 662-252-3358 or 901-598-6691.
• Homecoming Grays Chapel CME Church will be celebrating homecoming on Sunday, July 4, starting at 10:30 a.m. Yvonne Holland is the sponsor.
• Sunday services Sunday, July 4, Bro. Wynn Jones will be preaching at Holly Hill Baptist Church. He will be teaching Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and preaching at 11 a.m. and the evening service at 5:30 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming Wilkins Chapel
CME Church, Waterford, pastor Robert Odum, July 4, 2:30 p.m. Several
guest churches attending. Speaker, pastor Robert Garrison, McIntire
Baptist Church. Dinner will be served following the program. Church is
located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford,
• VBS, New Garden Baptist Church, 4831 Sycamore (in Wakefield Community), July 5-9, 6-9 p.m.
VBS Pleasant Hill CME Church, Mt. Pleasant, July 7-9, 6 p.m. nightly,
all adults and children invited. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor.
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett commemorative banquet, Saturday, July 10, 7 p.m. Guest speaker: Tiana L. Ferrell, Ida B. Wells’ great-granddaughter. Hudsonville CME Church Family Life Center, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For more info. call 662-252-3232. Donation requested at the door.
• Singing New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, will have a singing Saturday night, July 10, starting at 7 p.m. Featured guest singers will be The Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend. Fellowship supper to follow singing. Everyone invited.
• Rummage and food sale Nichols Chapel CME Church will have a rummage sale and food sale, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., 92 Algee, Byhalia. Rev. Michael Adams is pastor. To purchase booth call Erma Rogers, 662-838-2387.
• Boater Ed class Held by the MS Dept. of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, July 10, 8 a.m. until, at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Students must be at least 10 years of age and have their Social Security number. To sign up, call the MDWFD district office at 662-563-6330. The class is offered online at mdwfp.com, pwcsafetyschool.com or nauticalknowhow.com.
• VBS Barton Baptist Church, 523 Quinn Road, will have VBS for grades K-6. Kickoff will be Saturday 12-4 p.m. with a waterslide. VBS will be July 12-16, 5:30-8:30 p.m. For more information call 662-895-2306, www.bartonfbc.weebly.com.
• Pastor and wife’s love night, July 10, 6 p.m., Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Cayce Rd. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor
• Blood drive The Knights of Columbus are having a compassionate blood drive in honor of Albert Jones, Sun., July 11, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. in the social hall of St. Joseph Catholic Church., 305 E. Van Dorn Ave.
• A Love Day celebration to benefit Pastor Charles E. Gillespie and family will be held at 2:30 p.m. at Mt. Gillian MB Church in Byhalia. All area churches are invited to attend. Anyone interested in participating in the event can call Rev. Archie Bowen, 901-550-5659; Rev. Joe Tunstall, 662-838-6995; or Michael Foster, 901-517-2723. The church is located at 774 Stonewall Road, Byhalia.
• Church anniversary Pleasant Hill CME Church will celebrate their 136th church anniversary, July 11, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Michael Hughes, guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone is invited.
Appreciation service Anderson Chapel CME Church will have appreciation
services for Rev. Denise Anders-Modest and Bro. Mitchell Modest on July
11 at 10:45 a.m. and 3 p.m. Minister Sharon White will be the guest
speaker at 10:45 a.m. Rev. Zella Bobo will be the guest speaker at 3
p.m. The public is invited!
• Vacation Bible School at West Sandidge Church of Christ, 8115 W. Sandidge Rd., Olive Branch, July 12-16, 7-9 p.m. The theme is: Rise and Shine for Jesus Christ.
• Youth day Christ New
Beginning MB Church invites you to come and worship with us on July 12,
as we celebrate our Youth Day at 2:30 p.m. Pastor Ladryl Odum and St.
Mark Church Family will be one of our guests. Pastor Harvey L. Garrison
is the host pastor. Church is located at 440 Martin Luther King Drive
in Holly Springs.
Hopewell #1 will be having their revival July 14-16, 7 p.m. Rev. Eddie
Goliday of Clear Creek Baptist Church in Oxford will deliver the
• 4-H meeting The Lessye
Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on
Thursday, July 15. We are always looking for new members.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will host singing featuring The Johnson Family, Bluegrass gospel. Fellowship at 5 p.m., singing at 6 p.m.
• Flea market Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a summer flea market on the new church grounds, 7 a.m. Vendor booths are available. For more information call Jorena Pritchard at 662-851-3323 or Sammie Smith 901-650-0590.
• GALACTIC BLAST ONE-DAY VBS at Red Banks United Methodist Church, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Ages 4 to 12. Join us in a cosmic adventure praising God. For information call 662-610-5381.
• Prayer Breakfast will be at Grays Chapel CME Church on July 17 at 9 a.m. Rev. Denise and Bro. Mitchell Modest will offer words of inspiration.
• Rummage Sale, car wash, barbecue, True Vine MB Church, 525 West Street, July 17, 7 a.m. - 12 noon. Pastor Darrell Cunningham.
VBS Emory Independent Methodist Church at Watson, from 4-7 p.m. on
Sunday night with a Rodeo Roundup. Registration with games, face
painting, a petting zoo and a meal. Parents are invited! Cowboys
welcome! Bible School will be Mon.-Thurs., 5:30-8 p.m. Friday night
the VBS program will start at 6 p.m. with refreshments after. Ages are
birth through sixth grade. Call 901-834-5727 for more information.
• Usher Day St. Mark MB Church usher board is sponsoring its annual Usher Day program on Sunday, July 18 at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. McClain and Rising Star of Holly Springs. Rev. Patrick Bailey, pastor.
• Family and Friends Day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having annual Family and Friends Day Sunday, July 18 at 3 p.m. Special guest will be elder William T. Edmonds and the New Philidelphia Friendship COGIC of Memphis, Tenn., also the Sand Hill MB mass choir of Lamar. Everyone is invited.
• Pastor and wife love day, Wilkins
Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 11 a.m. Pastor Wilson and
Mt. Pisgah Church family will be special guests. Church is located at
1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford,
Birthday celebration Eddie Lee Smith Memorial Birthday celebration,
July 22, 6 p.m., at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N
Memphis St., Holly Springs. Musical tribute by Smith’sthree sons.
Speaker will be Mayor Andre DeBerry. Everyone is invited. For more
info, call Leona Harris, 662-252-3232.
• Food drive The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will sponsor a Food Drive at Carlisle’s Big Star on July 24 Food and nonperishable items will be donated to New Hope Village, Holly Springs.
love day celebration for Rev. and Mrs. Willie Hoey, Pleasant Hill CME
Church, 6:30 p.m. Rev. Jeffries and Strawberry MB Church, guests.
Everyone is invited.
• Pre-anniversary Service Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a for pastor Curtis and evangelist Richenda Pritchard Sunday, July 25, at 3 p.m. Special guest will be superintendent Dudley Lewellen and the Greater Evangelist Faith COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
youth recognition, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor,
11 a.m. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford,
Revival, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Rev. Robert Odum, pastor, 7 p.m.
Pastor Bruce Williams and Ark of Safety Church family will be special
guests. Church is located at 1865 Wilkins Chapel Rd., Waterford,
Picnic Community Temple Church, off Mt. Zion Rd., is planning a day of
fun and food Aug. 7. School supplies will be handed out. Come visit us.
Pastor, Frank Moore, 851-0973 or 851-3388.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page