Calendar of Events
• Business after hours Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce, at Strawberry Plains Audubon Center, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Members and guests will enjoy a tour of the grounds and Davis home and a wagon ride. For more info. call 662-252-2943.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, with local singers and visiting singers. There will be congregational singing for everyone, 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Choir day Christ New Beginning MB Church, 440 MLK Dr., 2:30 p.m. Many choirs are invited. Host pastor Harvey L. Garrison invites everyone to come and celebrate.
• Fish fry Promiseland, 564
W. Woodward Ave., June 25, from 11 a.m. until. Everyone is invited.
Spaghetti, slaw and cake are also on the plate.
• Men’s Prayer Breakfast will be held at 7:30 a.m. Friendship Assembly of God, hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry. For directions please call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Workshop Voices in Spirit and Truth Workshop 2010 at Antioch Church, 1306 Gardner Road, Victoria, 6 p.m. Roger Daniel is pastor. Jason Reed, workshop conductor. Several churches will be in attendance.
• Ladies meeting Victory Church, 103 Lowry Dr., Byhalia Industrial Park, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Sharon Crum. For more info. call Sandy Shackelford, 901-326-0881 or Angela Flores, 662-279-7371. Melvin Shackelford, pastor.
• SINGING Rice Chapel United Methodist Church, Hwy. 72, will have a singing with the Crossroad Ministries from Memphis as featured guests. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Walter Myers is pastor. Everyone is invited.
NAACP meeting Sat., June 26, 10 a.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church.
All members and friends are invited to attend. For more info. call Al
Beck at (662) 252-3426.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Etoy Bogard. The public is invited.
• Appreciation Isom Chapel CME Church will continue Rev. Joe T. and Bertha Lester’s 23rd appreciation celebration, June 27 morning worship will be 11 a.m. with Rev. Deldrick LeSure and Cooper Chapel CME Church as special guests. An appreciation program will be held at 1:30 p.m. with Rev. S.A. Phillips and Pleasant Grove MB Church. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Beverly Nabors, 662-252-5111.
• A family reunion will be held at the Benton Co. Agri-Center, 11 a.m. until. Family names included: Allen, Skelton, Byrd, Feathers, Bolden, Wilson, Thompson, Smith, Yager, Yeager, Pannell, McClure, Holmes, Watkins and Rhea. If you are related, you are invited. Bring your favorite dish and old family photos. Please come, we look forward to seeing you there.
• Women’s Day will be held at Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Road, Victoria. The 11 a.m. speaker will be Sis. Susie Bell, director of Christian education at Antioch. The 2:30 p.m. speaker will be Minister Linda Terry of Mt. Moriah M.B. Church. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Rev. Roger Daniel.
• Men’s month Free Branch MB Church celebrates June as Men’s Month. Worship service at 9 a.m. with guest speaker Bishop Clinton Gipson. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Homecoming Sunday, June 27, 2:30 p.m. at Finley Grove MB Church. All current and former members, or anyone who attended Finley Grove is asked to come. Guest speaker will be Rev. Joe Tunstall and Free Branch Church family. The public is invited.
• Revival Hebron Chapel CME Church, 2827 Hernando Rd., June 27-29, 7 p.m. nightly. Different speakers each night.
• Choir day Davis Temple Church will have their first annual choir day, Sun., June 27, 4 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor and founder, Robert Davis.
• Friends program for the Dynamic Angels. Groups, choirs and male choruses are invited to come and share, Sun., June 27, 6 p.m. at Rising Star MB Church. Call Sis. Florida Manning, 662-252-7493 or cell, 662-544-6139.
Bethel UMC (Benton County) will be Sunday, June 27 at 11 a.m. Bro.
Joseph Caruthers (our new pastor) will deliver the message. There will
be a potluck meal following the service. Everyone is invited. Bethel
UMC is located approximately three miles off Hwy. 5 between Ashland and
Hickory Flat on Pine Grove Rd.
4-H Bingo Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. Free and open to the public.
Parents must register by calling Mary Hicks, 662-252-5920. For children
ages eight to 18. Each child must be accompanied by an adult (one adult
for each child).
• 4-H meeting The
Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on
Thursday, July 1. We are always looking for new members.
• Rayford and Sanderson Empowerment Conference Saturday, July 3, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Asbury United Methodist Church, Holly Springs. Many speakers on health and succeeding in life.
MARKET this Saturday 7 a.m.- 1 p.m., sponsored by Red Banks United
Methodist Church, located directly across from Red Banks Post Office on
Yarbrough Loop. Free booth space, open to the public and local growers.
For information call 662-610-5381.
Homecoming Grays Chapel CME Church will be celebrating homecoming on
Sunday, July 4, starting at 10:30 a.m. Yvonne Holland is the sponsor.
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett commemorative banquet, Saturday, July 10, 7 p.m. Guest speaker: Tiana L. Ferrell, Ida B. Wells’ great-granddaughter. Hudsonville CME Church Family Life Center, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For more info. call 662-252-3232. Donation requested at the door.
• Singing New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, will have a singing Saturday night, July 10, starting at 7 p.m. Featured guest singers will be The Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend. Fellowship supper to follow singing. Everyone invited.
• Rummage and food sale Nichols Chapel CME Church will have a rummage sale and food sale, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., 92 Algee, Byhalia. Rev. Micheal Adams is pastor. To purchase booth call Erma Rogers, 662-838-2387.
Boater Ed class Held by the MS Dept. of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks,
July 10, 8 a.m. until, at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Students
must be at least 10 yrs. of age and have their Social Security number.
To sign up, call the MDWFD district office at 662-563-6330. The class
is offered online at mdwfp.com, pwcsafetyschool.com or
• Blood drive The Knights of Columbus are having a compassionate blood drive in honor of Albert Jones, Sun., July 11, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. in the social hall of St. Joseph Catholic Church., 305 E. Van Dorn Ave.
4-H meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall
County Library on Thursday, July 15. We are always looking for new
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will host singing featuring The Johnson Family, Bluegrass gospel. Fellowship at 5 p.m., singing at 6 p.m.
• Flea market Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a summer flea market on the new church grounds, 7 a.m. Vendor booths are available. For more information call Jorena Pritchard at 662-851-3323 or Sammie Smith 901-650-0590.
• GALACTIC BLAST ONE-DAY
VBS at Red Banks United Methodist Church, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Ages 4 to
12. Join us in a cosmic adventure praising God. For information call
• VBS Emory
Independent Methodist Church at Watson, will start Vacation BIble
school from 4-7 on Sunday night with a Rodeo Roundup. Registration with
games, face painting, a petting zoo and a meal. Parents are invited!
Cowboys welcome! Bible School will be Monday through Thursday nights
from 5:30 until 8 p.m. Friday night the VBS program will start at 6
p.m. with refreshments after. Ages are birth through 6th grade.
Please come and join us at the Saddle Creek Ranch! Call 901-834-5727
for more information.
• Food drive
The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will sponsor a Food Drive at Carlisle’s
Big Star on July 24 Food and nonperishable items will be donated to
New Hope Village, Holly Springs.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page