Thursday, June 17, 2010
Police go to lots of calls
The Holly Springs Police Department responded to a variety of calls May 30 through June 12, including burglaries and domestic disputes.
Chief Robert Pearson released the following report for the two-week period.
• A report of a burglary in the 200 block of East College Ave. Entry was gained through a kitchen window. A TV and cash were taken from residence.
• A report was taken concerning a cell phone which was stolen at Walmart after the owner accidentally left it laying on the counter after checking out.
• Officers responded to a call at Highway 7 North and Rolfing Road in reference to someone stealing equipment from the trailer of an 18-wheeler. Four black tarps were taken after someone cut through the straps and bungee cords.
• A report was taken regarding someone leaving the scene of an accident at Days Inn.
• Officers responded to an attempted burglary in the 200 block of Chesterman when a subject removed the air-conditioning unit from a window, then was attempting to enter and woke the family.
• A report was taken of an auto burglary in the 400 block of Salem in which a piston was taken as well as a generator from a storage unit. Neither the vehicle or storage unit were locked.
• A report of trespassing in the 200 block of Clara Ave.
• Officers responded to a domestic dispute in the 400 block of Craft St.
• Officers took a report of grand larceny from the 500 block of Highway 7 North.
• Officers responded to a domestic dispute in the parking lot of AHS.
• A report of an auto burglary in the 200 block of North Memphis St. Several purses, two cell phones, a camera and some personal items were taken.
• Officers responded to a domestic assault in the 300 block of Randolph.
• A burglary report was taken from the 100 block of Southern Cr. Suspect entered by breaking out a bedroom window. Items taken included several pieces of jewelry, I-Pods, X-Box with a number of games and a cell phone.
Other activity for the week included – disregard for traffic devices, 5; driving while licenses suspended, 4; driving while licenses suspended (consent law), 1; reckless driving, 3; child restraint violation, 2; seatbelt violation, 4; no/expired driver’s licenses, 2; no/expired tag, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 2; possession of a controlled substance, 1.
• In the 600 block of MLK, there was a report of aggravated assault with a weapon.
• In the 100 block of Northwest Boundary, there was a report of burglary of a vehicle. A .38 caliber revolver was stolen.
• There was a report of theft of an automobile in the 200 block of West Valley Ave.
• There was a report of domestic violence-simple assault in the 400 block of South Chesterman.
• In the 100 block of West Falconer Ave., there was report of aggravated assault with a weapon.
Officers also responded to the following activities this past week – speeding 4; disregard for traffic device, 1; driving while license suspended, 3; no/expired tag, 1; careless driving, 1; seatbelt violation, 3; no proof of insurance, 2; improper equipment, 2; DUI (1st offense), 2; littering, 1; driving with no headlights, 1; resisting arrest, 1; no motorcycle endorsement, 1; domestic violence-simple assault, 1; contempt of court, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page