Calendar of Events
• VBS, Mt. Moriah
Baptist Church, 2641 Laws Hill Rd. Thurs. and Fri., June 10-11, 6 -
8:30 p.m. Sat. June 12, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ages 5 - 18. Contact Janet
• PARENT’S NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m.
• One night revival will be held at Community Temple Church, off Mt. Zion Road. Guest pastor will be Rev. Weakly and Evangelist Odum from Memphis. For more info., call Pastor Frank Moore, 662-851-3388.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m.
• Appreciation Isom Chapel CME Church will host Rev. Joe T. and Bertha Lester’s 23rd appreciation celebration, June 12 and June 27. June 12 will be an appreciation banquet at 7 p.m. Rev. Darryl Pettis and church will be special guests. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Beverly Nabors, 662-252-5111.
• A musical will be held at Barton First Baptist Church, 523 Quinn Road, 7 p.m. Performing will be 50-60 youth from First Baptist Church, Augusta, Kansas. The pastor is John McMullen. For more info. call 662-895-2306 or 901-606-4423.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church hosts monthly singing featuring Mike Devore, fellowship at 5, singing at 6 p.m.
• Free carwash with donation to support the Kimbrough Chapel youth group. Hot fish plates and sandwiches, Sat., June 12, 8 a.m. at the Multi-Purpose Building in Holly Springs.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary service for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert Williams and the Williams Temple COGIC of Moscow, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• HOMECOMING St. Mark M.B. Church will have their annual homecoming at 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Mark Davis of Wyatt Community Church. Rev. Patrick Bailey, pastor, invites all.
•USHER DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 2 p.m. Rev. Mark Bryson will be the guest speaker.
• Pastor’s appreciation Grays Chapel CME Church, Pastor’s Appreciation for Rev. Kaylan B. Walker, June 13, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Charlton Johnson of Mt. Comfort CME Church.
• A Revival will be held at Faith Baptist Church. Ray Hall will be the evangelist and Jason Mewborn will be guest singer. Ray is pastor of East Marietta Baptist Church and also with the MS Highway Patrol. Jason is an instrumentalist and gifted singer. Revival will be held through Wednesday, 7 p.m. nightly.
• Church service Marvin Lucas, Sr., is the pastor-elect of Bell Grove MB Church, Holly Springs. Bell Grove Church members thank everyone for their love and support. Everyone is invited to join us in church service. Worship services are on the first and fourth Sundays at 10 a.m. Bible study is Tuesday/Wednesday at 6 p.m. Sunday school starts at 10 a.m. on first and fourth Sundays, and 9:30 a.m. on the second, third, and fifth Sundays.
• VBS - Looking for an ADVENTURE? You’re sure to find it at Son’s World Vacation Bible School at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. Each evening from 6 p.m. till 8 p.m. Mon., June 14, through Fri., June 18. All kids ages 5-12 are invited to join the fantastic adventure of fun. Directions: Take exit 18, right on Friendship Rd. For more information or to ride the van ministry, call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• VBS June 14-18 at Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Road, Victoria, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. nightly. Pastor is Rev. Roger Daniel.
• Heart to H.A.R.T. Ministries presents three nights of services at Latter Rain Church, June 16-18, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Church is located at 519 Martin Luther King Dr. in Holly Springs.
• 4-H meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on Thursday, June 17. We are always looking for new members. We have a youth group ages 8-14 and we have a young adult group ages 14-18. Contact: Mrs. Hicks at 662-252-5920.
• FATHER’S LOVE NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 6 p.m.
• It’s a Spiritual Birthday Party – with the ladies at Friendship Assembly of God, from 10 a.m. till 12 p.m. All ladies are invited to be here and join in this time of fellowship. For more information, call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• CONCERT Clear Creek Baptist Church will host The Bluff City Quartet in concert. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and the concert at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome. The church is located at 1704 Clear Creek Road, Lamar.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., June 19, 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
• Benefit program Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, for Amos Jeffries and Johnny Jeffries, 6 p.m. Several groups/choirs invited. Everyone is cordially invited. Rev. Robert Odum, pastor.
• REVIVAL is breaking out at Friendship Assembly of God with Evangelist Chris Klock of Texas as guest speaker. Services will be 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21-Wednesday, June 23 at 7 p.m. Music will be provided by Melanie Lott and Friendship’s sanctuary choir. Everyone is encouraged to be here.
• Pastor and Wife’s Appreciation will be held at Isaac Chapel, 11 a.m. The church is located on Hwy. 309 S of Byhalia. Pastor Willie Ward.
• AreaWide Fellowship – The Hernando Road Church of Christ invites everyone to Bible Study, 10 a.m. and Morning Worship at 11 a.m. Free meal afterward, 3 p.m. areawide fellowship at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center, 235 North Memphis Street. Contact Bennie Braswell Jr., preacher, 662-544-1742.
• Father’s Day program, Finley Grove MB Church, June 20, 10:30 a.m., with morning service. Everyone is invited.
• VBS will be held at St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Lake Center, Mon.-Wed., June 21-23, at 6:30 p.m. nightly. The theme is “Praise Party: Worshipping God with Head, Heart, Hands, Feet and Soul.” The public is invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• VBS Spring Hill Baptist Church in Waterford will have 2010 Vacation Bible School June 21-25, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
• Men’s Prayer Breakfast will be held at 7:30 a.m. Friendship Assembly of God, hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry. For directions please call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Workshop Voices in Spirit and Truth Workshop 2010 at Antioch Church, 1306 Gardner Road, Victoria, 6 p.m. Roger Daniel is pastor. Jason Reed, workshop conductor. Several churches will be in attendance.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Etoy Bogard. The public is invited.
• Appreciation Isom Chapel CME Church will continue Rev. Joe T. and Bertha Lester’s 23rd appreciation celebration June 27. Morning worship will be 11 a.m. with Rev. Deldrick LeSure and Cooper Chapel CME Church as special guests. An appreciation program will be held at 1:30 p.m. with Rev. S. A. Phillips and Pleasant Grove MB Church. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Beverly Nabors, 662-252-5111.
• A family reunion will be held at the Benton Co. Agri-Center, 11 a.m. until. Family names included – Allen, Skelton, Byrd, Feathers, Bolden, Wilson, Thompson, Smith, Yager, Yeager, Pannell, McClure, Holmes, Watkins and Rhea. If you are related, you are invited. Bring your favorite dish and old family photos. Please come; we look forward to seeing you there.
• Women’s Day will be held at Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Road, Victoria. The 11 a.m. speaker will be Sis. Susie Bell, director of christian education at Antioch. The 2:30 p.m. speaker will be Minister Linda Terry of Mt. Moriah M.B. Church. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Rev. Roger Daniel.
• Men’s month Free Branch MB Church celebrates June as Men’s Month. Worship service at 9 a.m. with guest speaker, Bishop Clinton Gipson. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Homecoming Sunday, June 27, 2:30 p.m. at Finley Grove MB Church. All current and former members, or anyone who attended Finley Grove is asked to come. Guest speaker will be Rev. Joe Tunstall and Free Branch Church family. The public is invited.
• Revival Hebron Chapel CME Church, 2827 Hernando Rd., June 27-29, 7 p.m. nightly. Different speakers each night.
• 4-H Bingo Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. Free and open to the public. Parents must register by calling Mary Hicks, 662-252-5920. For children ages eight to 18. Each child must be accompanied by an adult (one adult for each child).
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett commemorative banquet, Saturday, July 10, 7 p.m. Guest speaker: Tiana L. Ferrell, Ida B. Wells’ great-granddaughter. Hudsonville CME Church Family Life Center, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For more info. call 662-252-3232. Donation requested at the door.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will host singing featuring The Johnson Family, Bluegrass gospel. Fellowship at 5 p.m., singing at 6 p.m.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page