Calendar of Events
• 4-H meeting The
Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on
Thursday, June 3. We are always looking for new members. We have a
youth group ages 8-14 and we have a young adult group ages 14-18.
Contact: Mrs. Hicks at 662-252-5920.
PIzza party Victoria United Methodist Church will host their monthly
pizza and game party for all children of the community, Friday, June 4,
7-8:30 p.m. at the church Children ages 3 to 11 are all invited. Hope
to see you there.
• Picnic The 14th Masonic District is hosting a communitywide picnic, Sat., June 5, 11 a.m. until, at Faulkner Park, Marianna Rd. Free entrance, free food. Family fun and games. Everyone is invited.
• School reunion The annual Potts Camp School Reunion will be held at the school cafeteria starting at 10 a.m. with lunch at noon for a fee. For reservations, call Annie Ruth Stone at 662-333-6350. All current and former students, faculty, employees, and guests are welcome. Bring memorabilia.
• Singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 3993 Cayce Rd. Featured singers will be Micky and Cathy Helms from Hamilton, Ala. Sat., June 5, 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• FISH FRY Potts Camp First Baptist Church will have a fish fry, 5-7 p.m. All proceeds benefit the youth. A plate, $10, includes fish, hushpuppies, slaw, fries, drink and dessert.
• YARD SALE hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship will be held. Directions: Hwy. 78 towards Olive Branch, take Bethel Rd. exit - go right, first subdivision on the left after railroad tracks, (Lexington Crossing), right on Oakley, left on Wellington Drive - 10785 Wellington Drive (corner of Oakley and Wellington Dr.).
• Churchwide yard and bake sale will be held in the parking lot of Warsaw Auto Center, 2021 St. Paul Road, Warsaw, beginning at 6:30 a.m. They will also be selling hamburgers, hotdogs and drinks. All proceeds benefit church fund.
• WINE AND CHEESE FUND-RAISER The Holly Springs-Marshall County Rust & MI Alumni Club is presenting a Wine and Cheese fund-raiser – Western Style at the Foxfire Ranch located in Waterford, 6:30 p.m. Donation of $10 accepted in advance, $15 at the gate. There will be live music plus a DJ. For more info., call 662-252-1247 or contact any club member.
• Benefit program for Shirley Kinkle Jones, June 5, 6 p.m. at Latter Rain Christian Fellowship on MLK Dr., Holly Springs. Everyone is invited.
• Clothes give-away Women on Missions group will have a clothes give-away June 5, 8-11 a.m. Free clothes for men, women, children. Also accept donations for clothing. Call First Baptist Church, Byhalia, for more info., 662-838-2250.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist
Church, Sat., June 5, with Cross City from Corinth. Fellowship meal,
5:30 p.m., singing at 7. For more info. call Bro. Jimmy Curl,
• DEDICATION SERVICE Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a continuation of our dedication service at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Connie Wright and the House of Faith Ministries of Somerville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• 15th radio anniversary Jones Grove Church will celebrate their 15th radio anniversary, June 6, 6 p.m. with Pat Boga, Radio Angel, WURC, 88.1 FM radio. Emcees will be Betty Raimey and Charles Golden, with many great guests. Raffles and prizes, give-aways! For more info. all 662-278-9388 or 901-292-0698.
• Homecoming will be held at Temperance Hill Baptist Chruch, Potts Camp, including celebration of Debt Retirement with burning note in morning service. Sunday School at 10 a.m., lunch in fellowship hall at 12 noon. Singing after lunch with The Hatchie Bottom Boys. Bro. Ken Cooper invites everyone.
• Homecoming Marianna Baptist Church will celebrate their homecoming beginning at 11 a.m. Featured guests will be the Bluff City Quartet.
• First Sunday
service, Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd. Prayer, 9 a.m., regular
service, 11 a.m., Men and Women’s Day, 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• VBS, June 7-11 at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd. in Byhalia. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• REVIVAL will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, June 7-9, 7 p.m. nightly. Rev. J.W. Smith, Jr. of Kimbrough Chapel MB Church will be the guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Revival Jones Grove Church, June 7-11, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker Pastor Larry Terrel Daniels Sr. of Madison. Host pastor, Rev. John Powell. Everyone is welcome.
• VBS Grays Chapel CME Church --Vacation Bible School, June 7-9, at 5 p.m. Pastor, Kaylan B. Walker
• Revival Grays Chapel CME Church, revival, June 7-9, at 7 p.m. Pastor, Kaylan B. Walker
• PARENT’S NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m.
Appreciation Isom Chapel CME Church will host Rev. Joe T. and Bertha
Lester’s 23rd appreciation celebration, June 12 and June 27. June 12
will be an appreciation banquet at 7 p.m. Rev. Darryl Pettis and church
will be special guests. Everyone is invited. For more info. call
Beverly Nabors, 662-252-5111.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary service for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert Williams and the Williams Temple COGIC of Moscow, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• HOMECOMING St. Mark M.B. Church will have their annual homecoming at 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Mark Davis of Wyatt Community Church. Rev. Patrick Bailey, pastor, invites all.
•USHER DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 2 p.m. Rev. Mark Bryson will be the guest speaker.
Pastor’s appreciation Grays Chapel CME Church, Pastor’s Appreciation
for Rev. Kaylan B. Walker, June 13, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be
Rev. Charlton Johnson of Mt. Comfort CME Church.
VBS - Looking for an ADVENTURE? You’re sure to find it at Son’s World
Vacation Bible School at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. Each
evening from 6 p.m. till 8 p.m. Mon., June 14 through Fri., June 18.
All kids ages 5-12 are invited to join the fantastic adventure of fun.
Directions: Take exit 18, right on Friendship Rd. For more information
or to ride the van ministry, call the church office at 662-838-4000.
4-H meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall
County Library on Thursday, June 17. We are always looking for new
members. We have a youth group ages 8-14 and we have a young adult
group ages 14-18. Contact: Mrs. Hicks at 662-252-5920.
• FATHER’S LOVE NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 6 p.m.
• It’s a Spiritual Birthday Party – with the ladies at Friendship Assembly of God, from 10 a.m. till 12 p.m. All ladies are invited to be here and join in this time of fellowship. For more information, call the church office at 662-838-4000.
Clear Creek Baptist Church will host The Bluff City Quartet in concert.
Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and the concert at 7 p.m. Everyone is
welcome. The church is located at 1704 Clear Creek Road, Lamar.
REVIVAL is breaking out at Friendship Assembly of God with Evangelist
Chris Klock of Texas as guest speaker. Services will be 10 a.m. and 6
p.m. Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21-Wednesday, June 23 at 7 p.m.
Music will be provided by Melanie Lott and Friendship’s sanctuary
choir. Everyone is encouraged to be here.
VBS will be held at St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Lake Center, Mon.-Wed.,
June 21-23, at 6:30 p.m. nightly. The theme is “Praise Party:
Worshipping God with Head, Heart, Hands, Feet and Soul.” The public is
invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• Men’s Prayer Breakfast will be held at 7:30 a.m. Friendship Assembly of God, hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry. For directions please call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Etoy Boguard. The public is invited.
• Appreciation Isom Chapel CME Church will continue Rev. Joe T. and Bertha Lester’s 23rd appreciation celebration, June 27 morning worship will be 11 a.m. with Rev. Deldrick LeSure and Cooper Chapel CME Church as special guests. An appreciation program will be held at 1:30 p.m. with Rev. S. A. Phillips and Pleasant Grove MB Church. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Beverly Nabors, 662-252-5111.
A family reunion will be held at the Benton Co. Agri-Center, 11 a.m.
until. Family names included: Allen, Skelton, Byrd, Feathers, Bolden,
Wilson, Thompson, Smith, Yager, Yeager, Pannell, McClure, Holmes,
Watkins and Rhea. If you are related, you are invited. Bring your
favorite dish and old family photos. Please come, we look forward to
seeing you there.
• Ida B.
Wells-Barnett commemorative banquet, Saturday, July 10, 7 p.m. Guest
speaker: Tiana L. Ferrell, Ida B. Wells’ great-granddaughter.
Hudsonville CME Church Family Life Center, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs.
For more info. call 662-252-3232. Donation requested at the door.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page