Thursday, June 3, 2010
Byhalia track team shines at state
By BARRY BURLESON
Byhalia High School athletes received gold medals in four events at the recent Class 4A State Track and Field Meet.
The girls 4x100 relay team placed first in the state with a time of 50.4. Team members are Erica Bougard, Latara Jones, Megan Rayford and Briana Wells.
Erica Bougard also brought home the top prize in the girls long jump competition (18-06.50).
The boys 4x400 relay team also ran its way to a first-place finish at the state meet. Team members Labradford Rayford, Andrey Collins, Labrandon Walker and Brandon Bougard had a winning time of 3:30.7.
Godfrey Fayne also claimed the gold in the boys 1600 meter run. His top time was 4:46.80.
Other events in which Lady Indians and Indians earned points at the Class 4A meet include:
• Girls 100 meter hurdles – third, Megan Rayford, 15.94.
• Girls 4x200 meter relay – second, Erica Bougard, Latara Jones, Megan Rayford, Briana Wells, 1:44.61.
• Girls 300 meter hurdles – third, Megan Rayford, 1:53.
• Girls 4x400 meter relay – fourth, Destiny Jones, Amber Kimbrough, Latrese Akins, Erica Bougard, 4:18.20.
• Girls triple jump – seventh, Latrese Akins, 30-06.50.
• Boys 110 meter hurdles – eighth, Labrandon Walker, 18.83.
• Boys 4x200 meter relay – sixth, Andrey Collins, Labrandon Walker, Tedrick Moore, Labradford Rayford, 1:56.
• Boys 800 meter run – second, Godfrey Fayne, 2:05.9.
“I’m very proud of these young people,” coach Markeith Washington said. “They represented Byhalia High School well.”
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page