Calendar of Events
• Revival, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, May 26-27, with speaker Rev. Chris Williams. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• REVIVAL Isaac Chapel Church, Wed.-Fri., May 26-28, 7 p.m. nightly. Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia. Guest speaker, Rev. Gonathan Roberson of Memphis, Tenn. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor, invites everyone.
• The Indians are coming! Bro. George Harjoice, his wife, and friends from Watumke, Okla., will be at New Hope Baptist Church, New Hope Road, Ashland, 7 p.m., to sing Indian gospel songs and preach. For more info. call Pastor David Jordan, 224-8248 or 224-8827.
• The Indians are coming! Bro. George Harjoice, his wife, and friends from Watumke, Okla., will be at Victory Baptist Church, Wall Hill Road, Independence, 7 p.m., to sing Indian gospel songs and preach. For more info. call Pastor Dwane Wilkerson, 233-2200 or 501-6202.
• The Indians are coming! Bro. George Harjoice, his wife, and friends from Watumke, Okla., will be at Hillcrest Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 at Warsaw, 7 p.m., to sing Indian gospel songs and preach. Megan Tate will be the guest singer. For more info. call Bro. Jim Buchanan, 544-1965.
• Pastor and wifE’S love banquet Rev. Andrew and first lady Cheairs will celebrate May 29 at St. Paul Life Center, Hwy. 309 South, Byhalia, 7 p.m. Guest speaker, Dr. Frank Ray Sr., New Salem MB Church, 2237 South Parkway East, Memphis, Tenn.
• CHILD ID PROGRAM will be held at Webster’s Supermarket, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. This is a free service provided by the Benton County Sheriff’s Department and merchants throughout the area. For more information call 662-841-7700 or 662-213-9132.
• Fish fry, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Sat., May 29, 11 a.m. until. Donation requested. Plus, check out our Everything’s $1 garage sale! To pre-order, call 662-471-1081.
• Yard sale May 29, 8 a.m.-12 noon, at the Holly Springs city parking lot, across from Victor’s Pizza. Lots to choose from. Sponsored by Isom Chapel CME Church.
• Memorial program Mt. Gilead CME Church, 4025 Hwy. 4 West, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Sammy Phillips will be guest pastor and speaker. Rev. Charles Richmond and church family invite all.
• FOUNDER’S DAY PROGRAM will be held at the Holly Springs Marshall County Baptist Association building, 2 p.m. Pastor J.W. Smith Jr. will bring the message and the Voices of Thunder will render selections. Dinner will be served. Pastor Archie Bowen is the moderator.
• HOMECOMING PROGRAM will be held at Greenfield Presbyterian Church in Waterford, 3 p.m.
• MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE First Baptist Church in Byhalia will have an all-gospel Memorial Day Service with Dr. PJ Scott’s Justified Jug Band. The program will begin at 6 p.m. followed by fellowship and snacks in the fellowship hall. The event is free.
• Services Mt. Pisgah CME Church will hold regular, 11 a.m. services on the fifth Sunday, May 30. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• VBS Vacation Bible School will be held at Wilkins Chapel CME Church, located in Waterford off Hwy. 7 South, June 1-3, Tuesday-Thursday, 6-8 p.m. Children and adults are invited. Pastor is Dr. Robert Odum.
• Picnic The 14th Masonic District is hosting a communitywide picnic, Sat., June 5, 11 a.m. until, at Faulkner Park, Marianna Rd. Free entrance, free food. Family fun and games. Everyone is invited.
• School reunion The annual Potts Camp School Reunion will be held at the school cafeteria starting at 10 a.m. with lunch at noon for a fee. For reservations, call Annie Ruth Stone at 662-333-6350. All current and former students, faculty, employees, and guests are welcome. Bring memorabilia.
• Singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 3993 Cayce Rd. Featured singers will be Micky and Cathy Helms from Hamilton, Ala. Sat., June 5, 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• FISH FRY Potts Camp First Baptist Church will have a fish fry, 5-7 p.m. All proceeds benefit the youth. Plate for $10 includes fish, hushpuppies, slaw, fries, drink and dessert.
• YARD SALE hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship will be held. Directions: Hwy. 78 towards Olive Branch, take Bethel Rd. exit - go right, first subdivision on the left after railroad tracks, (Lexington Crossing), right on Oakley, left on Wellington Drive - 10785 Wellington Drive (corner of Oakley & Wellington Dr.).
• Benefit program for Shirley Kinkle Jones, June 5, 6 p.m. at Latter Rain Christian Fellowship on MLK Dr., Holly Springs. Everyone is invited.
• Clothes give-away Women on Missions group will have a clothes give-away June 5, 8-11 a.m. Free clothes for men, women, children. Also accept donations for clothing. Call First Baptist Church, Byhalia, for more info., 662-838-2250.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, Sat., June 5, with Cross City from Corinth. Fellowship meal, 5:30 p.m., singing at 7. For more info. call Bro. Jimmy Curl, 662-837-1347.
• DEDICATION SERVICE Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a continuation of our dedication service at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Connie Wright and the House of Faith Ministries of Somerville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• 15th radio anniversary Jones Grove Church will celebrate their 15th radio anniversary, June 6, 6 p.m. with Pat Boga, Radio Angel, WURC, 88.1 FM radio. Emcees will be Betty Raimey and Charles Golden, with many great guests. Raffles and prizes, give-aways! For more information call 662-278-9388 or 901-292-0698.
• VBS, June 7-11 at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd. in Byhalia. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• PARENT’S NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m.
• Appreciation Isom Chapel CME Church will host Rev. Joe T. and Bertha Lester’s 23rd appreciation celebration, June 12 and June 27. June 12 will be an appreciation banquet at 7 p.m. Rev. Darryl Pettis and church will be special guests. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Beverly Nabors, 662-252-5111.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary service for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert Williams and the Williams Temple COGIC of Moscow, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• HOMECOMING St. Mark M.B. Church will have their annual homecoming at 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Mark Davis of Wyatt Community Church. Rev. Patrick Bailey, pastor, invites all.
•USHER DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 2 p.m. Rev. Mark Bryson will be the guest speaker.
• REVIVAL - Looking for an ADVENTURE? You’re sure to find it at Son’s World Vacation Bible School at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. Each evening from 6 p.m. till 8 p.m., Mon., June 14, through Fri., June 18. All kids ages 5-12 are invited to join the fantastic adventure of fun. Directions: Take exit 18, right on Friendship Rd. For more information or to ride the van ministry, call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• FATHER’S LOVE NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 6 p.m.
• It’s a Spiritual Birthday Party – with the ladies at Friendship Assembly of God, from 10 a.m. till 12 p.m. All ladies are invited to be here and join in this time of fellowship. For more information, call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• REVIVAL is breaking out at Friendship Assembly of God with Evangelist Chris Klock of Texas as guest speaker. Services will be 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, June 20; Monday, June 21-Wednesday, June 23 at 7 p.m. Music will be provided by Melanie Lott and Friendship’s sanctuary choir. Everyone is encouraged to be here.
• Men’s Prayer Breakfast will be held at 7:30 a.m. Friendship Assembly of God, hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry. For directions please call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Etoy Boguard. The public is invited.
• Appreciation Isom Chapel CME Church will continue Rev. Joe T. and Bertha Lester’s 23rd appreciation celebration, June 27 morning worship will be 11 a.m. with Rev. Deldrick LeSure and Cooper Chapel CME Church as special guests. An appreciation program will be held at 1:30 p.m. with Rev. S. A. Phillips and Pleasant Grove MB Church. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Beverly Nabors, 662-252-5111.
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett commemorative banquet, Saturday, July 10, 7 p.m. Guest speaker: Tiana L. Ferrell, Ida B. Wells’ great-granddaughter. Hudsonville CME Church Family Life Center, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For more info. call 662-252-3232. Donation requested at the door.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page