Calendar of Events
• Bloodmobile The Mississippi Blood Services will have the bloodmobile at the Red Banks Baptist Church parking lot from 1-8 p.m. For more information or appointment call Verna McAlexander, 252-2048.
• FUND-RAISER The Marshall County Sheriff’s Department employees are holding a Tail and Bail fund-raiser for their ACS Relay For Life Team, “Tropizal Thunder Relei For Life.” The event begins at 9 a.m. on the courthouse square. The public is invited to help bail local celebrities and business people out of jail and to nominate a person for jail. Sheriff Kenny Dickerson’s wife, Dianne, has volunteered to participate.
• Conference Community Temple Church will have a Women’s Conference May 21-23. The theme is “Spiritual Explosion” with different speakers each day. Friday will begin at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Everyone is invited. Host pastor is Frank Moore, 851-3388.
• THINGS TO COME CONFERENCE Heritage Apostolic Church, 204 Heritage Drive, behind Day’s Inn, in Holly Springs will be held May 22-23. Services will be Friday 7:30 p.m., Saturday 6:30 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. For more info. call 662-544-5322.
• Fellowship supper The Victoria United Methodist Church will host a fellowship supper on Saturday, May 22, starting at 5 p.m. and ending at 7:30. We hope to see you all there.
• NAACP meeting Sat., May 22, 10 a.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church. All members are invited to attend. For more info. call Al Beck at (662) 252-3426.
• Class meeting The W.T. Sims High Class of 1967 Club will meet May 22, 5 p.m. at Pizza Hut, Hwy. 7 S., Holly Springs. Please attend. Chairman, James Alford.
• Clothes closet Victory Church will have a clothes closet, May 22-29, open from 10 a.m. until 12 noon. Located at 103 Lowry Dr., Byhalia Industrial Park. All items are free. Call Bud or Glenda Parker, 662-551-6859.
• Recital Performing Arts Center students from Union and surrounding counties will present their spring 2010 recital, “Just Dance,” on May 22 at 6:30 p.m. at the New Albany High School Auditorium. Reserved seating is available, and tickets will also be sold at the door. For more information, please call Regina Cooke’s Performing Arts Center at (662) 534-2458.
• PASS IT ON DAY Mt. Zion Taska will have it’s first annual “Pass It On Day”, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Clothes, toys, and other items will be passesd on freely to anyone who needs them. The event is free and there is no charge for any item.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM The Male Chorus is sponsoring a Musical Program - Men on the Move, 6 p.m. The Prayer Warriors and several groups are invited. Rev. Robert Odum is pastor.
• A spring carnival will be held at Faulkner Park on Marianna Road, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. There will be games, prizes, food and plenty of fun for all ages. Talent and fashion show will be held. For more information call Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, 564-3595 or Flo Wilson, 252-2183.
• Homecoming program Rising Star Church, 11 a.m. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• Uth CAMP “INSIDE OUT” hosted by After Shock youth group of Friendship Assembly of God, ages 8 – 17. Registration $65 per person. To register call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Church anniversary Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, Sun., May 23, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Granville Scruggs and Fireside COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Time change St. Joseph Church Sunday Mass time change, beginning Sunday, May 23, Sunday Mass will be at 10 a.m.
• Concert Watson Community Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have Veronica Rainey in concert with pot luck to follow. Come and join us in fellowship. Services start at 11 a.m.
• Homecoming Celebration will be held at Antioch MB Church, 1306 Gardner Road, Victoria, 11 a.m. Dinner will be served. Everyone is invited. Sponsored by Alfreda DeBerry and Frances Johnson. Pastor is Rev. Roger Daniel.
• Program Sunrise Chapter #166 Order of Eastern Star will have a 66 Books of the Bible program, May 23, 3 p.m. at Waterford Lodge Hall. Everyone is invited.
• Men and Women’s Day Shady Grove CME Church, May 23, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Dewitt Glover and Mt. Moriah MB Church. Everyone is invited. Cornelia Booker, pastor.
• Men and Women’s Day Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, May 23, 3 p.m. One goal is to have 100 men present. Rev. Jerry Christian, pastor.
• SINGING The Fourth Saturday Night Singing at Evangel Full Gospel Assembly will begin at 7 p.m. Local featured singers and congregational singing will be held. Everyone is invited.
• FOURTH SUNDAY Services at Mt. Pisgah CME Church will begin with Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and worship service at 11 a.m. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson is pastor.
• SUNDAY SUNDAE’S if you are looking for a great time of fellowship and a cool treat be sure you join us Sunday, April 25, 6 p.m. The Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God will serve sundaes with your choice of topping just $1 per scoop. This is sure to be a sweet treat for all.
• Revival, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, May 26-27, with speaker Rev. Chris Williams. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• REVIVAL Isaac Chapel Church, Wed.-Fri., May 26-28, 7 p.m. nightly. Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia. Guest speaker, Rev. Gonathan Roberson of Memphis, Tenn. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor, invites everyone.
• Pastor and wifE’S love banquet Rev. Andrew and first lady Cheairs will celebrate May 29 at St. Paul Life Center, Hwy. 309 South, Byhalia, 7 p.m. Guest speaker, Dr. Frank Ray Sr., New Salem MB Church, 2237 South Parkway East, Memphis, Tenn.
• CHILD ID PROGRAM will be held at Webster’s Supermarket, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. This is a free service provided by the Benton County Sheriff’s Department and merchants throughout the area. For more information call 662-841-7700 or 662-213-9132.
• Memorial program Mt. Gilead CME Church, 4025 Hwy. 4 West, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Sammy Phillips will be guest pastor and speaker. Rev. Charles Richmond and church family invite all.
• FOUNDER’S DAY PROGRAM will be held at the Holly Springs Marshall County Baptist Association, 2 p.m. at the Baptist Association building. Pastor J.W. Smith Jr. will bring the message and the Voices of Thunder will render selections. Dinner will be served. Pastor Archie Bowen is the moderator.
• HOMECOMING PROGRAM will be held at Greenfield Presbyterian Church in Waterford, 3 p.m.
• VBS Vacation Bible School will be held at Wilks Chapel CME Church, June 1-3, Tuesday-Thursday, 6-8 p.m. Children and adults are invited.
• Picnic The 14th Masonic District is hosting a communitywide picnic, Sat., June 5, 11 a.m. until, at Faulkner Park, Marianna Rd. Free entrance, free food. Family fun and games. Everyone is invited.
• School reunion The annual Potts Camp School Reunion will be held at the school cafeteria starting at 10 a.m. with lunch at noon for a fee. For reservations, call Annie Ruth Stone at 662-333-6350. All current and former students, faculty, employees, and guests are welcome. Bring memorabilia.
• DEDICATION SERVICE Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have a continuation of our dedication service at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Connie Wright and the House of Faith Ministries of Somerville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary service for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert William and the Williams Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Moscow, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page