January 14, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Services Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Road will have Wednesday night services at 7 p.m. Pastor Eddie Wilson invites all. Bible class will also be held Jan. 17 at 9 a.m.
• Revival will be held at Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant January 13 through January 15, 7 p.m. nightly. Services will be conducted by Superintendent Albert Pass of Christ Temple COGIC of Holly Springs. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Parent conference Holly Springs Intermediate School, Wed., Jan. 13, 2-6 p.m. Parents are encouraged to attend. The parent center will be open until 6 p.m. for parents to check out materials.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. Postponed from last week because of the weather! Everyone interested in becoming a member is invited to attend. Please bring paper and pencil as we will take notes on the basic food groups. Annie Bennette will be guest. Arts and crafts will be a Christmas picture. Refreshments will be served. New members are always welcome.
• fund-raiser for Patricia Selman. Barbecue plates will be sold, Fri., Jan. 15, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building. Call 252-1311 for advance tickets.
• Prayer breakfast Community Temple, Sat., Jan. 16, 9 a.m. with speaker Minister Freddie Austin. Come dine with us. Donations welcome. Host pastor, Elder Frank Moore, 851-3388, 851-0973.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., Jan. 16, 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. Mississippi Republican Chairman Brad White will be the guest speaker. The public is invited.
• Concert Kimbrough Chapel mass choir concert, Jan. 17, 3 p.m. with guest choir Jones Chapel. The public is invited. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• Family conference Three-day conference at Mighty God Ministries of Victoria, with speaker Rev. John Mason and Butler Chapel of Parkin, Ark. as guests. Times are Jan. 17, 4 p.m., Jan. 18, 7 p.m., and Jan. 19, 7 p.m. The public is invited. Pastor, Marvin Brooks.
• Commemoration The Marshall County branch of the NAACP will sponsor their annual commemoration of the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with a breakfast on Mon., Jan. 18, the legal holiday in honor of Dr. King. Chulahoma MB Church, 5509 Hwy. 4 West, Holly Springs, 9 a.m. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Agnes Foster or Rep. Kelvin Buck, 662-252-4458.
• NAACP meeting Sat., Jan. 23, 10 a.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church. All members are invited to attend. Special guest speaker, Patty Tucker, executive director, American Red Cross of North Mississippi.
• Usher day The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Usher Day Program in the new church building at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Sylvester Hamilton and Miracle Temple COGIC of Victoria. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Meeting The Marshall County Fair Association membership meeting will be held at 7 p.m. at the fairgrounds.
• Super Bowl Sunday Mighty God Ministries of Victoria, Sun., Jan. 31, 2 p.m. All male choruses are invited to participate. The public is invited. Pastor, Marvin Brooks.
• Awards banquet Marshall County Black History Coalition presents their 4th annual awards banquet, Feb. 6 at St. Paul Outreach Center, Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia. Guest speaker will be James Meredith. Donations at the door. Sponsored by the Marshall County Black Coalition, State Rep. Kelvin Buck and Rev. Andrew Cheairs.
• Musical program Rising Star MB Church, Sat., Feb. 6, 6 p.m. All groups, male choruses and choirs are asked to take part. Robert McClain, pastor.
• Celebration The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their grand opening celebration for the new church at 3 p.m. Special guest will be the bishop for the Northern Jurisdiction in MS, T.T. Scott of St. James COGIC in Clarksdale. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page