Calendar of Events
• Pastor Installation will be held at Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church, 10115 Hwy. 78, Olive Branch, May 13-16. Thursday, 7 p.m., Pastor Gary Faulkner, Cummings Street Baptist Church; Friday, 7 p.m., Elloitt Shelton; Saturday, 7 p.m., Installation Concert; Sunday, 6 p.m., Pastor James Haley. Darrell Petties, pastor, invites all.
• CONCERT The Byhalia High School bands and chorus will be in concert, May 13, 6 p.m. in the high school gym. Special guests will be H.W. Byers High School and Galena Elementary School.
• FISH FRY St. Mark M.B. Church is having a fish fry. Call-in orders, 252-5656. Will deliver. Sponsored by Sweetie B. Brown and Pastor Patrick Bailey.
• Tournament in honor of Micah Duke of Hernando, who is battling leukemia. All proceeds go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Tournament play begins at Center Hill High School. Saturday, more tournament play at Wedgewood Golf Club, open to the public for a donation. Party includes live band, great food and silent auction. Go to gomicah.com, enter tournament, or call Dianne Cannon, 901-233-0282, for tickets.
• 2010 Killer Kudzu 5K and one mile race will be held at 9 a.m. on the Holly Springs Square. Visit www.americanpac.com or call American Pacific at 662-252-1862 for more information.
• Singing Clear Creek Baptist Church hosts a gospel singing. Featured singers The Men of Music from Jackson. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. The church is located on Clear Creek Road in Lamar. Everyone is invited.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will have a singing featuring the Gatewood Family. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m.
• Meeting Marshall County Republican Club will meet at the county library, 109 E. Gholson Ave., Holly Springs, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Gospel Extravaganza St. Mark MB Church, May 15, 6 p.m. with a host of guest groups and choirs. Everyone is invited.
• Hispanic Bilingual Services Hosted by Friendship Assembly of God with Pastor Virgil Scherff ministering in the 10 a.m. morning service with interpreter Idali Ortega. Powerful bilingual worship and praise by the Sanctuary Choir. Friendship Assembly is developing a dynamic Hispanic ministry. We welcome you each and every service.
• Singing, Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Rd. with The Fishers Of Men. Sunday school, 9:45 a.m., singing at 11 a.m., will break for lunch at 12 noon with the singing starting again at 1 p.m. Everyone is invited. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor.
•Speaker Watson Community Church, Hwy. 309 South, will be having Sis. Gay Sheffel for Sunday morning services, 11 a.m.
• Fill-the-pew The Adolphus Chapel Church family, under the direction of Pastor Billy Williams, will sponsor a fill-the-pew program, 2 p.m. Guest will be Pastor Robert McClain and the Rising Star family.
• WOMEN’S DAY Free Branch MB Church, located 2233 Higdon Road, Holly Springs, 11 a.m. Guest speaker Doris Williamson. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS host Ordination Celebration Holly Springs -St. Joseph Parish - May 16th - The Knights of Columbus Council 8760 will host an Ordination Celebration for Father Leonard Elder's 14th anniversary as a Priest of the Sacred Heart. As part of the celebration there will be a pot luck luncheon immediately following Mass.
• ANNUAL USHER DAY will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, Mt. Pleasant, 9 a.m. Speaker will be Bobby Jones from St. Luke MB Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone to attend.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• Bloodmobile The Mississippi Blood Services will have the bloodmobile at the Red Banks Baptist Church parking lot from 1-8 p.m. For more information or appointment call Verna McAlexander, 252-2048.
• Conference Community Temple Church will have a Women’s Conference May 21-23. The theme is “Spiritual Explosion” with different speakers each day. Friday will begin at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Everyone is invited. Host pastor is Frank Moore, 851-3388.
• Fellowship supper The Victoria United Methodist Church will host a fellowship supper on Saturday, May 22, starting at 5 p.m. and ending at 7:30. We hope to see you all there.
• NAACP meeting Sat., May 22, 10 a.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church. All members are invited to attend. For more info. call Al Beck at (662) 252-3426.
• Class meeting The W.T. Sims High Class of 1967 Club will meet May 22, 5 p.m. at Pizza Hut, Hwy. 7 S., Holly Springs. Please attend. Chairman, James Alford.
• Homecoming program Rising Star Church, 11 a.m. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• Uth CAMP “INSIDE OUT” hosted by After Shock youth group of Friendship Assembly of God, ages 8 – 17. Registration $65 per person. To register call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Church anniversary Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, Sun., May 23, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Granville Scruggs and Fireside COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Time change St. Joseph Church Sunday Mass time change, beginning Sunday, May 23, Sunday Mass will be at 10 a.m.
• Concert Watson Community Church, Hwy 309 South, will have Veronica Rainey in concert with pot luck to follow. Come and join us in fellowship. Services start at 11 a.m.
• Homecoming Celebration will be held at Antioch MB Church, 1306 Gardner Road, Victoria, 11 a.m. Dinner will be served. Everyone is invited. Sponsored by Alfreda DeBerry and Frances Johnson. Pastor is Rev. Roger Daniel.
• Program Sunrise Chapter #166 Order of Eastern Star will have a 66 Books of the Bible program, May 23, 3 p.m. at Waterford Lodge Hall. Everyone is invited.
• Men and Women’s Day Shady Grove CME Church, May 23, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Dewitt Glover and Mt. Moriah MB Church. Everyone is invited. Cornelia Booker, pastor.
• Men and Women’s Day Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, May 23, 3 p.m. One goal is to have 100 men present. Rev. Jerry Christian, pastor.
• SUNDAY SUNDAE’S If you are looking for a great time of fellowship and a cool treat, be sure you join us Sunday, April 25, 6 p.m. The Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God will serve sundaes with your choice of topping, just $1 per scoop. This is sure to be a sweet treat for all.
• Revival, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, May 26-27, with speaker Rev. Chris Williams. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• REVIVAL Isaac Chapel Church, Wed.-Fri., May 26-28, 7 p.m. nightly. Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia. Guest speaker, Rev. Gonathan Roberson of Memphis, Tenn. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor, invites everyone.
• Pastor and wifE’S love banquet Rev. Andrew and first lady Cheairs will celebrate May 29 at St. Paul Life Center, Hwy. 309 South, Byhalia, 7 p.m. Guest speaker, Dr. Frank Ray Sr., New Salem MB Church, 2237 South Parkway East, Memphis, Tenn.
• MEMORIAL PROGRAM Mt. Gilead CME Church, 4025 Hwy. 4 West, Holly Springs. May 30, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Sammy Phillips will be guest pastor and speaker. Rev. Charles Richmond and church family invite all.
• Picnic The 14th Masonic District is hosting a community-wide picnic, Sat., June 5, 11 a.m. until, at Faulkner Park, Marianna Rd. Free entrance, free food. Family fun and games. Everyone is invited.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page