Calendar of Events
• Exercise class Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. an exercise class is held at the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall for all who would like to join in. This is for all, young, elderly, men and women.
• Art show Byhalia Elementary and Middle School will present a gifted art students spring art show, May 4-11, at the Marshall County Library, 109 E. Gholson Ave., Holly Springs. A reception will be held on May 6 at 6 p.m.
• Weekly Bible Study is held each Thursday at 10:30 a.m. in the fellowship hall at the Victoria United Methodist Church.
• Children’s party The children of the community ages 3 to 10 are invited to a party at the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church. There will be food, fun and games for all who attend. Starts at 7 p.m and ends at 8:30 p.m.
•Fish fry Collierville First Assembly of God Church, 730 South Byhalia Road, Collierville, will have a fish fry from 5-7 p.m. Kenny Dickerson will be preparing the food. We would like everyone to come raise funds for our church.
• Fish fry First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant will have a fish fry and yard sale, and everyone is invited. The church is located on Hwy. 311 and 1450 Boswell Road. Yard sale will begin at 7 a.m. Food will be served at 12 noon and consist of fish, hushpuppies, slaw, French fries, onions, and green relish. Plates are $8 adults; $3 kids 6-12; kids 6 and under free.
• Fish fry and cake auction Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Rd., Byhalia, in DeSoto County. Singing by The Geeslins starting at 5 p.m.
• Spring Carnival Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Cayce Road will be Sat., May 8, beginning at 10 a.m. Plenty of games, food and fun for all ages. Booths are still available. Call Linda Wilson at 662-252-4706 for more information. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
• Plant Swap May 8, Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 noon, the Green Thumb group will have a plant swap at the Victoria United Methodist Church. Children can come and pick out a plant to take home to their Mom for Mother’s Day. Bring a plant and swap. In case of rain, it will be held in the fellowship hall.
•MDWFP Boat Safety class to be offered May 8, 8 a.m. until at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Contact MDWFP District Office at 662-563-6330 before May 8. You must bring Social Security number to the class. Course is also offered online at mdwfp.com and pwc.safetyschool.com
• Mothers honored Mother’s Night of Love, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, May 8, 6 p.m.
• MOTHER’S DAY GOSPEL EXPLOSION 2010 will be held at Jones Grove Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South, 6 p.m. There will be local gospel groups and choruses performing. For more information contact Rev. John Powell, 901-299-8023, or Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• Mother’s Day will be observed during regular service, 11 a.m. at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., Byhalia. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor, invites everyone. And all mothers everywhere are wished a happy Mother’s Day.
•Mother’s Day Watson Community Church, Hwy. 309 South, will be having Bro. Ricky Lemon as our special guest speaker on Mother’s Day. 11 a.m.
•Mother’s Day Finley Grove MB Church will be having their annual Mother’s Day program at 10:30 a.m. along with morning service. Pastor, James C. Green.
• Pastor Installation will be held at Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church, 10115 Hwy. 78, Olive Branch, May 13-16. Thursday, 7 p.m., Pastor Gary Faulkner, Cummings Street Baptist Church; Friday, 7 p.m., Elloitt Shelton; Saturday, 7 p.m., Installation Concert; Sunday, 6 p.m., Pastor James Haley. Darrell Petties, pastor, invites all.
• FISH FRY St. Mark M.B. Church is having a fish fry. Call-in orders, 252-5656. Will deliver. Sponsored by Sweetie B. Brown and Pastor Patrick Bailey.
• Tournament in honor of Micah Duke of Hernando, who is battling leukemia. All proceeds go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Tournament play begins at Center Hill High School. Saturday, more tournament play at Wedgewood Golf Club, open to the public for a donation. Party includes live band, great food and silent auction. Go to gomicah.com, enter tournament, or call Dianne Cannon, 901-233-0282, for tickets.
• 2010 Killer Kudzu 5K and one mile race will be held at 9 a.m. on the Holly Springs Square. Visit www.americanpac.com or call American Pacific at 662-252-1862 for more information.
• Hispanic Bilingual Services Hosted by Friendship Assembly of God with Pastor Virgil Scherff ministering in the 10 a.m. morning service with interpreter Idali Ortega. Powerful bilingual worship and praise by the Sanctuary Choir. Friendship Assembly is developing a dynamic Hispanic ministry. We welcome you each and every service.
• Singing, Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Rd. with The Fishers Of Men. Sunday school, 9:45 a.m., singing at 11 a.m., will break for lunch at 12 noon with the singing starting again at 1 p.m. Everyone is invited. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor.
•Speaker Watson Community Church, Hwy. 309 South, will be having Sis. Gay Sheffel for Sunday morning services, 11 a.m.
• Fill-the-pew The Adolphus Chapel Church family, under the direction of pastor Billy Williams, will sponsor a fill-the-pew program, 2 p.m. Guest will be pastor Robert McClain and the Rising Star family.
• Fellowship supper The Victoria United Methodist Church will host a fellowship supper on Saturday, May 22, starting at 5 p.m. and ending at 7:30. We hope to see you all there.
• Homecoming program Rising Star Church, 11 a.m. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• Uth CAMP “INSIDE OUT” hosted by After Shock youth group of Friendship Assembly of God, ages 8 – 17. Registration $65 per person. To register call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Church anniversary Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, Sun., May 23, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Granville Scruggs and Fireside COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• SUNDAY SUNDAE’S if you are looking for a great time of fellowship and a cool treat be sure you join us Sunday, April 25, 6 p.m. The Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God will serve sundaes with your choice of topping just $1 per scoop. This is sure to be a sweet treat for all.
• Revival, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, May 26-27, with speaker Rev. Chris Williams. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• Pastor and wifE’S love banquet Rev. Andrew and first lady Cheairs will celebrate May 29 at St. Paul Life Center, Hwy. 309 South, Byhalia, 7 p.m. Guest speaker, Dr. Frank Ray Sr., New Salem MB Church, 2237 South Parkway East, Memphis, Tenn.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page