April 29, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Spring revival Reid’s Gift MB Church, Potts Camp, April 28-30, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Evangelist will be Lawrence Cole, United MB Church, Collierville, Tenn. Host pastor, Jerry Williams, invites everyone.
• Health screening Baptist Women’s Health Center Mammography Unit will be at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 8:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Call 662-252-9392 or 662-551-6323 for an appointment. You can also sign up at the Multi-Purpose Building from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• REVIVAL First Baptist Church of Hickory Flat will have revival April 29 through May 2, 7 p.m. nightly and Sunday 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Bro. Keith Carpenter is the guest speaker; and special music by Anthony Mitchell. Pastor is Johnny Rakestraw. For more information call 333-7752.
• HEALING AND DELIVERING SERVICE New Life Community Church, Byhalia, next door to the hardware store, is having a Healing and Delivering Service, 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Mario Moore is pastor.
• LADIES MOVIE NIGHT starting at 7 p.m., hosted by Women of Faith of Friendship Assembly of God. For directions please call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• The Wizard Of Oz, presented by the Potts Camp School Drama Club, 7 p.m. in the Potts Camp School auditorium.
•Women’s Conference will be held at First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.. Ann Downing, known for her regular appearances on the popular Gaither Homecoming videos, will be the keynote speaker and singer. Registration fee includes lunch. Please register by April 19. For more information contact Sue Stone, 333-7548; or Angie Vanzant, 333-4412.
• Lessye Lee Davis parade with participants lining up at 10 a.m. at the former M.I. campus. Parade begins at 10 a.m. Holly High band, along with other local bands. Everyone is invited. For more info. call 662-252-3232.
• Mikey Anderson Benefit Crawfish boil, music and barbecue will be held at the VFW in Holly Springs, 1-5 p.m.
• Smoked Pork Shoulder Fund-raiser, May 1-26, sponsored by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly, call to place your orders now with Andy Fewell or Crystal Arno at the church office (662)838-4000. Pork shoulders $25 each due at time of order, and will be available for pick up at Friendship Assembly of God in Victoria on Saturday, May 29, by 12 noon. Get one for your Memorial Day picnic or family reunion.
• Singing, Chewalla Baptist Church, with Southern Image. Eating at 5:30 p.m. and singing at 7.
• CLOTHES CLOSET Victory Church, 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park, will have an open clothes closet 10 a.m.-12 noon. Clothing items are free to those in need. Contact Bud or Glenda Parker, 662-551-6869.
• Prayer breakfast Hopewell No. 2 will be having a prayer breakfast at 9 a.m. in the fellowship hall. Everyone is welcome. Sponsored by the Women’s Ministry. Speaker, Evangelist T. Craft; Host pastor, Danny Kimbrough.
• Prayer breakfast Mighty God Ministries, 219 Valley View Rd., Victoria, will sponsor a prayer breakfast 9 a.m. Victoria Community Center. Pastor, Marvin Brooks
•Women’s Month May is Women’s Month at Free Branch MB Church; pastor, J.L. Tunstall. May 2, morning worship 11 a.m.; annual choir day, 3 p.m. May 9, Mother’s Day, 9 a.m. May 16, Women’s Day, 11 a.m. May 23, morning worship, 9 a.m.
• Women in hats Jones Grove MB Church, Sun., May 2, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Robert McClain will be the speaker. Everyone is welcome. Pastor, John Powell.
• First sermon Min. Charles Preston will deliver his first message at Jones Grove MB Church, 6 p.m. Pastor John Powell, host.
• Pastor’s anniversary Providence MB Church, 295 Withers Ave., will celebrate their pastor and wife’s 10th anniversary, Sun., May 2, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Ronnie Franklin. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Alonzo Johnson and first lady Patricia Johnson.
• ANNUAL MEETING Cayce Fire Department annual meeting will be held at 7 p.m. at the fire station, 30 Lee Creek. Rd. Yearly dues are $15.
• Honoring students The ladies of Zeta Upsilon Zeta Chapter – Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. will host their annual “Outstanding Students of Marshall County Program” at 6:30 p.m. on the campus of Rust College in the Doxey Fine Arts Building. The entire community is invited to attend.
•Annual choir day Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor.
• Meeting The Friends of the Marshall County Library will hold their last meeting of the current season at 12 noon, on May 4, in the meeting room of the Holly Springs Library. Tom Phillips, who graciously agreed to be re-scheduled after the April meeting had to be cancelled at the last minute, will speak on “Urban Archeology.” Refreshments will be served, and the public is encouraged to attend.
• Exercise class Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. an exercise class is held at the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall for all who would like to join in. This is for all, young, elderly, men and women.
• Children’s party The children of the community ages 3 to 10 are invited to a party at the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church. There will be food, fun and games for all who attend. Starts at 7 p.m and ends at 8:30 p.m.
• Fish fry First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant will have a Fish Fry and Yard Sale, and everyone is invited. The church is located on Hwy. 311 and 1450 Boswell Road. Yard sale will begin at 7 a.m. Food will be served at 12 noon and consist of fish, hushpuppies, slaw, French fries, onions, and green relish. Plates are $8 adults; $3 kids 6-12; kids 6 and under free.
• Fish fry and cake auction Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Rd., Byhalia, in DeSoto County. Singing by The Geeslins starting at 5 p.m.
• MOTHER’S DAY GOSPEL EXPLOSION 2010 will be held at Jones Grove Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South, 6 p.m. There will be local gospel groups and choruses performing. For more information contact Rev. John Powell, 901-299-8023, or Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• FISH FRY St. Mark M.B. Church is having a fish fry. Call in orders 252-5656. Will deliver. Sponsored by Sweety B. Brown and Pastor Patrick Bailey.
• 2010 Killer Kudzu 5K and 1 mile race will be held at 9 a.m. on the Holly Springs Square. Visit www.americanpac.com or call American Pacific at 662-252-1862 for more information.
• Hispanic Bilingual Services Hosted by Friendship Assembly of God with Pastor Virgil Scherff ministering in the 10 a.m. morning service with interpreter Idali Ortega. Powerful bilingual worship and praise by the Sanctuary Choir. Friendship Assembly is developing a dynamic Hispanic ministry. We welcome you each and every service.
• Singing, Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Rd. with The Fishers Of Men. Sunday school, 9:45 a.m., singing at 11 a.m., will break for lunch at 12 noon with the singing starting again at 1 p.m. Everyone is invited. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor.
• Fellowship supper The Victoria United Methodist Church will host a fellowship supper on Saturday, May 22, starting at 5 p.m. and ending at 7:30. We hope to see you all there.
• Homecoming program Rising Star Church, 11 a.m. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• Uth CAMP “INSIDE OUT” hosted by After Shock youth group of Friendship Assembly of God, ages 8 – 17. Registration $65 per person. To register call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• SUNDAY SUNDAE’S if you are looking for a great time of fellowship and a cool treat be sure you join us Sunday, April 25, 6 p.m. The Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God will serve sundae’s with your choice of topping just $1 per scoop. This is sure to be a sweet treat for all.
• Pastor and wife love banquet Rev. Andrew and first lady Cheairs will celebrate May 29 at St. Paul Life Center, Hwy 309 South, Byhalia, 7 p.m. Guest speaker, Dr. Frank Ray Sr., New Salem MB Church, 2237 South Parkway East, Memphis, Tenn.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page