Thursday, April 22, 2010
Walsh races to first place in 5K run
Runners got a firsthand look at historic Holly Springs Saturday morning as they participated in the Pilgrimage 5K.
“We had a variety of runners such as pediatricians, veterinarians, news media, father/daughter and husband/wife, said Carri Hutchens, who helped coordinate the event. “It was fun.”
The 3.1-mile course began and ended on the courthouse square, with the route passing antebellum mansions, historic churches and blooming azaleas and winding through the beautiful Hill Crest Cemetery.
• Overall male, Andrew Walsh, 21:44.
• Master male, Larry Rankin
• 10-14, 1st place, Dylan Rowe.
• 20-24, 1st place Chris Griffith.
• 25-29, 1st place, Stephen Smith
• 30-34, 1st place, Lindon Ratliff; 2nd place Dan Mishimura; 3rd place Bradley Howard.
• 35-39, 1st place Jamie Rappa.
• 40-44, 1st place Fred Ketchum.
• 45-49, 1st place, Harry Phillips; 2nd, Kelvin Buck; 3rd, Calvin James
• 55-59, 1st place, Phil Cannon
• 60-64, 1st, David Childers
• Overall female, Gracie Phillips, 26:35.
• Master, Janet Papineau.
• 5-9, 1st Callie Miller; 2nd, Hadley Plunk.
• 10-14, 1st Bryanna Miller; 2nd, Shelby Gardner; 3rd, Neely Plunk.
• 15-19, 1st, Lauralee Fant; 2nd, Emma Elgin.
• 20-24, 1st, Miriam Keil; 2nd, Shana Fisher; 3rd, Alice Magill;
• 25-29, 1st, Jill Bowman; 2nd, Jessica Brown; 3rd, Marianne Benett.
• 30-34, 1st, Heather Nishimura; 2nd, Chanda Miller; 3rd, Christy Nicholson.
• 35-39, 1st, Tammy McGregor, 2nd, Amy Bain; 3rd, Tammy Rappa
• 40-44, 1st, Sheila Ingram; 2nd, Valerie Calhoun; 3rd, Susan Sandridge
• 45-49, 1st, Gina Plegge
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page