April 22, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Revival Rising Star Church, April 21-23, 7 p.m. nightly. Guests will be Pastor Melvin Buffer and Mt. Salem Church. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• Revival, Chulahoma M.B. Church, 5509 Highway 4 West, Holly Springs, will have spring revival, April 21-23, 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor Gary Davids from Shiloh Baptist Church will be the evangelist. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Spring Carnival at Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Rd. beginning at 10 a.m. Lots of food, fun and games for all ages. For booth info. call Linda Wilson, 662-252-4706. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
• Benefit program, 6 p.m. with Minister Larry Martin. New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Rd. Pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• Ladies meeting Victory Church will sponsor a ladies’ meeting, 2 p.m. Donna Boswell will be the guest speaker. The church is located at 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park. For more information call Sandy Shackelford, 901-326-0881, or Angela Flores, 662-279-7371.
• Sunday School night Concord MB Church, 825 Concord Road, Slayden, will have Sunday School Night at 6 p.m. Rev. Clyde Williams is pastor.
• 12 tribes of Israel program, 6 p.m. at Pleasant Hill CME Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Gospel celebration True Vine MB Church will be having a gospel celebration, 6 p.m. There will be various groups, choirs, soloists and male choruses attending. Everyone is invited to come and even sing a solo. Refreshments will be sold. Pastor, Darrell Cunningham.
• Men’s Prayer Breakfast 7:30 a.m., Friendship Assembly of God Hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry. For directions please call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Crafts Fair Brookside Baptist Church from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. There will be a carnival and concessions. Entry is free. The church is located at 4993 Hwy. 302 E, Goodman Road, between Center Hill and Byhalia Road.
• Feeding the homeless St. Matthew MB Church Women’s Fellowship, 61 Shinault Road in Byhalia, under the leadership of Pastor Kenneth Artison, will be serving a free dinner to the homeless and needy this Saturday, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in our fellowship hall. We will be providing free transportation from the Byhalia Piggly Wiggly. Pick-ups will be at 10:30 a.m. and drop-offs at 2:30 p.m. If you know of someone in need you can bring them to the church as well.
• Singing Fourth Sat. night singing, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, 766 Evangel Dr., 7 p.m., with local singers. Congregational singing for everyone and everyone is invited.
• Singing Rice Chapel United Methodist Church, Hwy. 72, with Bluff City Quartet from Memphis, Tenn. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7. Everyone is invited. Rev. Walter Myers, pastor.
• Relay for life Sat., April 24, 10 a.m. Relay for Life booths set up, $25; all types food and games. Proceeds go the the American Cancer Society. The entire community is invited to participate.
• Annual Women’s Day program 3 p.m., Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant. The women are asked to wear hats. Special guests, evangelist Alma Hoyle and the St. James COGIC of Ripley. Everyone is invited. Pastor Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
•All Day Super Sunday at Kimbrough Chapel MB Church. Guest speaker, 2 p.m., Rev. Ronnie Franklin, In the Name of the Son; guest speaker, 4 p.m., Rev. Melvin, Rev. Melvin Bufford and New Salem, Hickory Valley, Tenn. In the Name of the Father. Guest speaker, 6 p.m., Rev. Mark Davis and Wyatt Community Church, In the Name of the Holy Ghost. Close with fellowship dinner. The public is invited. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• State Drive program Finley Grove M.B. Church will have their State Drive program along with morning service at 9 a.m. Everyone is cordially invited.
• Musical Isaac Chapel, on Hwy. 309 S, will have their annual spring musical, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Ward is pastor. All choirs are invited.
• Youth day April is youth month at Free Branch MB Church and youth day will be held at 11 a.m. Minister Myles Stone, nine years old, will be the speaker. He is a third grader at Holly Springs Intermediate School and a member of Asbury United Methodist Church. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Family and Friends Day at Bell Grove M.B. Church, Holly Springs, at 2 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. MacArthur King, pastor of Jeffries Chapel M.B. Church. Let’s focus on the family.
• Super Sunday Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 1182 Kimbrough Chapel Road, Lamar, presents Super Sunday 2010 all day. Sunday School begins at 9 a.m., morning worship at 10:30 a.m., fellowship brunch, 12:30 p.m., sweet hour of prayer, 1:30 p.m. and special speakers all day long. Fellowship fish fry at 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday service Regular services, 11 a.m. at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd. Rev. Willie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Revival Concord MB Church, 825 Concord Road, Slayden, will have their spring revival, 7:30 p.m. April 26-30. Pastor Carlos Williams of Hills Chapel Baptist Church will be the evangelist for the week.
• Spring revival Reid’s Gift MB Church, Potts Camp, April 28-30, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Evangelist will be Lawrence Cole, United MB Church, Collierville, Tenn. Host pastor, Jerry Williams, invites everyone.
• Health screening Baptist Women’s Health Center Mammography Unit will be at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 8:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Call 662-252-9392 or 662-551-6323 for an appointment. You can also sign up at the Multi-Purpose Building from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• REVIVAL First Baptist Church of Hickory Flat will have revival April 29 through May 2, 7 p.m. nightly and Sunday 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Bro. Keith Carpenter is the guest speaker; and special music by Anthony Mitchell. Pastor is Johnny Rakestraw. For more information call 333-7752.
• HEALING AND DELIVERING SERVICE New Life Community Church, Byhalia, next door to the hardware store, is having a Healing and Delivering Service, 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Mario Moore is pastor.
• LADIES MOVIE NIGHT starting at 7 p.m., hosted by Women of Faith of Friendship Assembly of God. For directions please call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• The Wizard Of Oz, presented by the Potts Camp School Drama Club, 7 p.m. in the Potts Camp School auditorium.
•Women’s Conference will be held at First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.. Ann Downing, known for her regular appearances on the popular Gaither Homecoming Videos, will be the keynote speaker and singer. Registration fee will include lunch. Please register by April 19. For more information contact Sue Stone, 333-7548; or Angie Vansant, 333-4412.
• Lessye Lee Davis parade with participants lining up at 10 a.m. at the former M.I. campus. Parade begins at 10 a.m. Holly High band, along with other local bands. Everyone is invited. For more info. call 662-252-3232.
• Mikey Anderson Benefit Crawfish Boil, Music and Barbecue will be held at the VFW in Holly Springs, 1-5 p.m.
• Smoked Pork Shoulder Fund-raiser, May 1-26, sponsored by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly, call to place your orders now with Andy Fewell or Crystal Arno at the church office (662)838-4000. Pork shoulders $25 each due at time of order, and will be available for pick up at Friendship Assembly of God in Victoria on Saturday, May 29, by 12 noon. Get one for your Memorial Day picnic or family reunion.
• Singing, Chewalla Baptist Church, with Southern Image. Eating at 5:30 p.m. and singing at 7.
• Women in hats Jones Grove MB Church, Sun., May 2, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Robert McClain will be the speaker. Everyone is welcome. Pastor, John Powell.
• First sermon Min. Charles Preston will deliver his first message, 6 p.m., at Jones Grove MB Church. Pastor John Powell, host.
• Pastor’s anniversary Providence MB Church, 295 Withers Ave., will celebrate their pastor and wife’s 10th anniversary, 2 p.m.
Guest speaker will be Pastor Ronnie Franklin. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Alonzo Johnson and first lady Patricia Johnson.
• Fish fry First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant will have a Fish Fry and Yard Sale, and everyone is invited. The church is located on Hwy. 311 and 1450 Boswell Road. Yard sale will begin at 7 a.m. Food will be served at 12 noon and consist of fish, hushpuppies, slaw, french fries, onions, and green relish. Plates are $8 adults; $3 kids six-12; kids six and under free.
• Fish fry and cake auction Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Rd., Byhalia, in DeSoto County. Singing by the Geeslins starting at 5 p.m.
• MOTHER’S DAY GOSPEL EXPLOSION 2010 will be held at Jones Grove Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South, 6 p.m. There will be local gospel groups and choruses performing. For more information contact Rev. John Powell, 901-299-8023 or Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• 2010 Killer Kudzu 5K and 1 mile race will be held at 9 a.m. on the Holly Springs Square. Visit www.americanpac.com or call American Pacific at 662-252-1862 for more information.
• Hispanic Bilingual Services Hosted by Friendship Assembly of God with Pastor Virgil Scherff ministering in the 10 a.m. morning service with interpreter Idali Ortega. Powerful bilingual worship and praise by the Sanctuary Choir. Friendship Assembly is developing a dynamic Hispanic ministry. We welcome you each and every service.
• Homecoming program Rising Star Church, 11 a.m. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• Uth CAMP “INSIDE OUT” hosted by After Shock youth group of Friendship Assembly of God, ages 8 – 17. Registration $65 per person. To register call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• SUNDAY SUNDAE’S if you are looking for a great time of fellowship and a cool treat be sure you join us Sunday, April 25, 6 p.m. The Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God will serve sundae’s with your choice of topping just $1 per scoop. This is sure to be a sweet treat for all.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page