April 15, 2010
Calendar of Events
• “Sisters Blessing Sisters” April 16-17, Women’s Conference will be held at Smith Grove starting Friday, April 16, at 7 p.m. (youth night) through Saturday, April 17, at 9 a.m. Conference speakers will be evangelist Melony Jenkins, evangelist Charita McCoy, evangelist Brenda Coleman and evangelist Corrine Crittle. There is a fee. For more info., contact Sis. Kajavia Harmon at 662-801-0292 or Sis. Darlean Dowdy at 662-252-5014.
• Anniversary Bibleway Outreach Fellowship, Old Hwy 78, Byhalia, will be having their pre-church anniversary service at 7:30 p.m. Special guests, Pastor Marr from Memphis, Tenn., and Spirit of Life from Byhalia. Everyone is welcome. Bishop Renzil Barringer, pastor.
•Pre-anniversary Bibleway Outreach Fellowship, Old Hwy 78, Byhalia, pre-church anniversary musical, 7 p.m. Special guests, pastor Andrew Cheairs, St. Paul choir, Byhalia and J. Edwards Brown and Charity from Moss Point. Everyone is welcome. Bishop Renzil Barringer, pastor.
• Spaghetti supper The Slayden-Mt. Pleasant-Early Grove Volunteer Fire Department will be having a spaghetti supper on April 17 from 5-8 p.m., at the fire station, 194 Mt. Pleasant Road in Mt. Pleasant. The meal will consist of spaghetti, bread, slaw or salad, dessert, and drink. Please come out and support your fire dept. and enjoy some good fellowship. Looking forward to seeing you there.
• Fund-raiser will be held for Shelly Sharpe at 705 Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs, sponsored by VFW and the Clydesdale Christmas Store, 12 noon-5 p.m. There will be barbecue and ribs for sale, auction, live music, and a pool table and flat screen TV be to raffled. For more info. call 662-629-0007, Sherry Janssen.
• Singing Sat., April 17, Clear Creek Baptist Church, featuring The Tracemen Quartet. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7. Everyone is invited.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., 10 a.m. at Goodfella’s Restaurant, behind Huddle House, in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
• Spring musical Concord MB Church, 825 Concord Road, Slayden, will have their Spring Musical at 6 p.m. Featured singers will be the family, friends and community choir, Shadonna Ross and other special guests. Fish/chicken dinners for a small donation will be available 2-5 p.m.
• Trail ride The Northwest Side Civic Club (NWSCC) in Harmontown, is having its third annual trail ride fund-raiser Saturday April 17, at Fitch Farms Galena Plantation in Marshall County. Riding starts at 1 p.m. with barbecue and the fixin’s served at 5 p.m. All donations are appreciated. Raindate is May 1. For more information or directions, call Billy or Dee Jones at 662-526-0495.
• FUND-RAISER First Baptist Church of Potts Camp is having yard sale, 6:30 a.m., held in parking lot behind sanctuary. If rain will be held inside church gym. Proceeds benefit youth and food pantry.
• Church anniversary Bibleway Outreach Fellowship, Old Hwy. 78, Byhalia, Church anniversary service, 11 a.m. Special guests will be Pastor Brown and Light House from Mosspoint. Everyone is welcome. Bishop Renzil Barringer, pastor.
• Men and Women’s Day St. Mark MB Church will sponsor its annual Men and Women’s Day program, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Dwight Rucker and May Hill of Hickory Valley, Tenn. Pastor, Rev. Patrick Bailey.
• Conference Climax Worship service will be held at Smith Grove on Sunday, April 18 at 3 p.m. Guest speaker, Evangelist Bevelin Gillespie Kneeland of Olive Branch. All are welcome. W.C. Connor, host pastor.
• Pastor and Wife appreciation day 11 a.m. Rev. Arthur Fitzpatrick Jr. and New Way of Living Church will be our guests.
• Choir day New Faith Outreach Ministries, Sun., April 18, 8 a.m. 1296 S. Red Banks Rd. Pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• Homecoming New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, will be having their annual homecoming Sunday afternoon, April 18. Dinner will be served right after morning services and a singing will follow afterwards with The Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to come and help us celebrate. Hope to see you there.
• Singing Union Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, 2997 Old Hwy. 4 West, will have the West Holly Springs Singing Union, 3 p.m. You are welcome. President is Van Rayford and secretary is Sis. Helen Newson.
• Love Day Hopewell #1 M.B. Church Pastor Aid Committee is sponsoring its Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, Sunday, April 18, at 10:45 a.m. (Guests: Rev. Archie Bowens and Hearn Grove M.B. Church) and 2:30 p.m. (Guests: Rev. Nathaniel Craft Jr. and Center Chapel Baptist Church of Memphis, Tenn.). The public is invited to attend. Rev. Leroy and Sis. Henrietta James, honorees; Rev. André DeBerry, pulpit manager.
• Musician’s Appreciation Program for Bro. Marshall Raimey, third Sunday 2:30 p.m. Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford. Various choirs and male choruses invited. Dinner will be served. Rev. Robert Odum, pastor.
• Sunday services Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Sunday school, 8 a.m.; 9 a.m. early service. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor; 3877 Cayce Rd., Byhalia.
• Revival Time! New Dimension Ministry, 215 McAlexander Rd., under the leadership of Pastor Actavatis Allen, will be in revival April 19-23. Prayer begins at 6 p.m. nightly. Service at 7 p.m. nightly. Elder Allen will conduct the services. Everyone near and far is welcome.
• Open house Spay/Neuter Clinic Open House at 218 College in Byhalia, 5:30 to 8 p.m. This will replace our regular monthly meeting.
• Revival Rising Star Church, April 21-23, 7 p.m. nightly. Guests will be Pastor Melvin Buffer and Mt. Salem Church. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• Revival, Chulahoma M.B. Church, 5509 Highway 4 West, Holly Springs, will have spring revival, April 21-23, 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor Gary Davids from Shiloh Baptist Church will be the evangelist. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Spring Carnival at Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Rd. Saturday, April 24, beginning at 10 a.m. Lots of food, fun and games for all ages. For booth info. call Linda Wilson, 662-252-4706. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
• Benefit program, April 24, 6 p.m. with Minister Larry Martin. New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Red. Pastor Tracy Jeffries.
• Ladies meeting Victory Church will sponsor a ladies’ meeting, 2 p.m. Donna Boswell will be the guest speaker. The church is located at 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park. For more information call Sandy Shackelford, 901-326-0881 and Angela Flores, 662-279-7371.
• Sunday School night Concord MB Church, 825 Concord Road, Slayden, will have Sunday School Night at 6 p.m. Rev. Clyde Williams is pastor.
• 12 tribes of Israel program, Sat., April 24, 6 p.m. at Pleasant Hill CME Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Gospel celebration True Vine MB Church will be having a gospel celebration, 6 p.m. There will be various groups, choirs, soloists and male choruses attending. Everyone is invited to come and even sing a solo. Refreshments will be sold. Pastor, Darrell Cunningham.
• Annual Women’s Day program 3 p.m., Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant. The women are asked to wear hats. Special guests, evangelist Alma Hoyle and the St. James COGIC of Ripley. Everyone is invited. Pastor, elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
•All Day Super Sunday at Kimbrough Chapel MB Church. Guest speaker, 2 p.m., Rev. Ronnie Franklin, In the Name of the Son; guest speaker, 4 p.m., Rev. Melvin, Rev. Melvin Bufford and New Salem, Hickory Valley, Tenn. In the Name of the Father. Guest speaker, 6 p.m., Rev. Mark Davis and Wyatt Community Church, In the Name of the Holy Ghost. Close with fellowship dinner. The public is invited. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• State Drive program Finley Grove M.B. Church will have their State Drive program along with morning service at 9 a.m. Everyone is cordially invited.
• Musical Isaac Chapel, on Hwy. 309 S, will have their annual spring musical, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Ward is pastor. All choirs are invited.
• Youth day April is youth month at Free Branch MB Church and youth day will be held April 25, 9 a.m. J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Family and Friends Day at Bell Grove M.B. Church, Holly Springs, on Sunday, April 25, at 2 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. MacArthur King, pastor of Jeffrie Chapel M.B. Church. Let’s focus on the family.
• Super Sunday Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 1182 Kimbrough Chapel Road, Lamar, presents Super Sunday 2010 All Day. Sunday School begins at 9 a.m., morning worship at 10:30 a.m., fellowship brunch, 12:30 p.m., sweet hour of prayer, 1:30 p.m. and special speakers all day long. Fellowship fish fry at 7:30 p.m.
• Revival Concord MB Church, 825 Concord Road, Slayden, will have their spring revival, 7:30 p.m. April 26-30. Pastor Carlos Williams of Hills Chapel Baptist Church will be the evangelist for the week.
• Spring revival Reid’s Gift MB Church, Potts Camp, April 28-30, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Evangelist will be Lawrence Cole, United MB Church, Collierville, Tenn. Host pastor, Jerry Williams, invites everyone.
• Health screening Baptist Women’s Health Center Mammography Unit will be at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, April 29, 8:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Call 662-252-9392 or 662-551-6323 for an appointment. You can also sign up at the Multi-Purpose Building from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Service New Life Community Church, Byhalia, next door to Byhalia Hardware Store will be having a healing and delivering service, 7 p.m. Everyone invited. Rev. Mario Moore, pastor.
• The Wizard Of Oz, presented by the Potts Camp School Drama Club, Sat., May 1, 7 p.m. in the Potts Camp School auditorium.
•Women’s Conference will be held at First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.. Ann Downing, known for her regular appearances on the popular Gaither Homecoming Videos, will be the keynote speaker and singer. Registration fee will include lunch. Please register by April 19. For more information contact Sue Stone, 333-7548; or Angie Vansant, 333-4412.
• Lessye Lee Davis parade Sat., May 1, with participants lining up at 10 a.m. at the former M.I. campus. Parade begins at 10 a.m. Holly High band, along with other local bands. Everyone is invited. For more info. call 662-252-3232.
• Fish fry First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant will have a Fish Fry and Yard Sale, and everyone is invited. The church is located on Hwy. 311 and 1450 Boswell Road. Yard sale will begin at 7 a.m. Food will be served at 12 noon and consist of fish, hushpuppies, slaw, french fries, onions, and green relish. Plates are $8 adults; $3 kids six-12; kids six and under free.
• 2010 Killer Kudzu 5K and 1 mile race will be held Sat., May 15, at 9 a.m. on the Holly Springs Square. Visit www.americanpac.com or call American Pacific at 662-252-1862 for more information.
• Homecoming program Rising Star Church, May 23, 11 a.m. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page