Thursday, April 1, 2010
Police respond to assaults, burglaries
Holly Springs Police Chief Robert Pearson released the following report of activity for the week ending March 27.
• a domestic violence/simple assault report in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• a burglary of a dwelling report in the 100 block of Elder Street. Two VCR/DVD players, several collector’s coins and an RCA camera were stolen.
• an uttering forgery report in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• a disturbance of the peace report in the Memphis Street area.
• a simple assault report in the 100 block of Memphis Street.
• a burglary of a dwelling report in the 300 block of Cuba Street. A refrigerator, stove and pieces of copper wiring were stolen.
• a report of malicious mischief in the 300 block of Walthall.
• two reports of simple assault in the area of College and Boundary.
• reports of malicious mischief and burglary of an automobile in the 100 block of Shadow Lane. A Pioneer car radio and a Craftsman tool box were stolen.
• a stalking report in the area of MLK Drive.
• a burglary of an auto in the 100 block of Rust Avenue. A car radio was stolen from the car.
• a robbery report in the area of MLK Drive.
• a burglary of an auto report in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. A dual touch screen car radio was stolen.
• a grand larceny of a vehicle from a residence in the 100 block of Jarrott Street.
• a telephone harassment report in the 800 block of West Street.
• a malicious mischief report in the 100 block of Gholson Avenue.
• a simple assault in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• a domestic violence/simple assault report in the 300 block of MLK Drive. Robert H. Brown, 29, of Holly Springs was arrested and charged, Pearson said. He also was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, careless driving, driving under the influence, and driving while license suspended.
• a malicious mischief report in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Officers reported these additional activities for the week - no driver’s license, 4; driving while license suspended, 3; speeding, 5; no proof of insurance, 2; no tag/expired tag, 5; contempt of court, 4; DUI first offense, 1; child restraint violation, 1; disorderly conduct, 1; disobeying an officer, 1; open container, 1; disturbing the peace, 1; telephone harassment, 1; simple assault, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 3.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page