April 1, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Bible study 6:30-7:30 p.m., Wed. night Bible Study with light refreshments starting at 6 p.m. Casual environment; come as you are. We will be exploring the Book of Revelation. Victoria Heights Baptist Church at the corner of U.S. Hwy. 78 (exit 18) and Victoria Road. David Bickers, pastor.
• Revival, Royston CME Church, 3701 Royston Rd., Potts Camp will have revival, March 31-April 2, 7 p.m. nightly. Speaker, Vester P. Easter from Memphis, Tenn. Gwendolyn W. Nelson, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Fish Fry Cayce Fire Department will be having their spring fish fry at the station, 30 Lee Creek Rd., 4:30-7 p.m. The meal will be cooked by sheriff Kenny Dickerson and crew and will consist of catfish, French fries, slaw, hushpuppies, dessert and tea or coffee. For more info, you may call 851-7634 or 851-7384.
• Fish fry Carlisle’s Big Star in Holly Springs will have a fish fry, April 2, 11 a.m. until, in the parking lot for Relay for Life. Plates, $8. Inside if rains. Delivery for five or more plates.
• Celebrating the Life of Christ, 11 a.m. at Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Bldg. on Memphis St. Any questions, contact Autriniece Folsom, 551-5066; Ase Lee Nunnally, 252-3012. Activities planned, short talks, games and other recreation. Free admission, snacks. Hosted by members of the community, community churches of Marshall County.
• Pizza Party Victoria United Methodist Church will host a pizza party for ages 3 to 13 at the Victoria fellowship hall Friday, April 2 for all children in the community.
• Easter Service St. Joseph Catholic Church Easter services, Veneration of Cross services at 7 p.m.
• Passion play, Slayden Baptist Church, 2534 Hwy. 72, April 2-3, 7 p.m. Free admission. For more info. call 662-252-4559.
• Bake sale Bethel UMC (Benton County) will be having a bake sale at the Ripley Walmart from 8-11:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 3. We are currently taking orders. Please call Bro. Brownie Tohill at 534-8114 or Joyce Williams at 224-6635 to place your order. All proceeds go to the building fund.
• Easter vigil St. Joseph Catholic Church Easter Services, Easter vigil service, 8 p.m.
• Men’s breakfast Victory Church, 103 Lowry Dr., Byhalia Industrial Park, 8 a.m. All are invited. Melvin Shackelford, pastor. For more info. call 901-831-7623.
• Easter fest Hudsonville Family Life Center, 855 S. Slayden Rd., Hudsonville, Sun., April 4, 6 p.m. Featuring many guest groups. Emcees will be Pat Boga, Charles Anthony and Charles Golden. Sponsor is Larry Gatewood.
• Easter Celebration service at Crosspointe Christian Fellowship at 9 a.m. Easter morning at 6400 Blocker Street in Olive Branch. A baby nursery will be provided. Douglas Bell, pastor.
• Easter service Antioch Missionary Baptist Church in Victoria, will have Easter morning service at 7 a.m. Roger Daniel, pastor.
• Easter Sunday 7 a.m., Sunrise service at the crosses, with country breakfast in the fellowship hall; 9:30 Sunday School; 11 a.m. worship service; and 12 p.m. Easter egg hunt for children of all ages. Victoria Heights Baptist Church at the corner of U.S. Hwy 78 (exit 18) at Victoria Road. David Bickers, pastor.
•Easter Mass St. Joseph Catholic Church Easter services, Mass, 10 a.m.
• Sunrise service Kimbrough Chapel Church, Easter Sunday, 6 a.m. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• Easter Morning worship service, beginning at 10 a.m. Breakfast will be served from 8 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. You are welcome. Pastor, Rev. Jerry Christian Jr. Sponsors, Sunday Church School and Brotherhood
• Sunrise service Emory Independent Methodist Church would like to invite everyone to come to our sunrise service on April 4 at 6 a.m. Music at this service by the Emory Redemption. Breakfast served after the worship service. Also our choir, at 11 a.m. will be performing their Easter cantata. Please come and join us.
• Women’s Mission Month April is Women’s Mission Month at Ark of Safety Outreach Missions in Red Banks. Pastor, Bruce Williams.
• SUNRISE SERVICE Chewalla Assembly of God, 6:30 a.m., 1511 Higdon Road. Come celebrate the resurrection with us. Country breakfast following.
• Prayer service Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Cayce Rd., will have prayer service at 9 a.m., Sunday school at 9:30 a.m. and will combine Easter service with morning worship at 11 a.m. Rev. Joe Wilson, pastor, invites everyone.
• EASTER PROGRAM Finley Grove M.B. Church will have their annual Easter program at 10:30 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Meeting Marshall County Water Association, 512 Wingo Road, will be holding the annual members meeting at 6:30 p.m.
• interest meeting for people interested in the Holly Springs Alumni Marching Band on Monday, April 5 at 6 p.m. in the Holly Springs High School band room. Please spread the word, as the first performance is in May. Please contact Janie Kimbrough at 662-551-1205 or call Antonio Barrino at 662-551-2112 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Revival Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have revival, April 5-6, 7 p.m. Prophet Evangelist Kenny Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nevada, will be guest. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Friends meeting The Friends of the Marshall County Library will meet at 12 noon on Tuesday, April 6, in the meeting room of the Holly Springs Library. Tom Phillips, a new resident of Holly Springs, will speak on “Urban Archeology; Digging up History in Our Own Backyards.” The public is welcome to attend, and refreshments will be served.
• Revival Holly Hill Baptist Church in Holly Springs, beginning Wed., April 7, through Sunday, April 11. The guest evangelist will be Bro. Bobby McGilliard from Shelbyville, Tenn. Special music by The McGilliard Family. Services will start each night at 7 p.m., except Sunday and they will be in the morning and evening services.
• Hour of power Rising Star Church, April 7, 7 p.m. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
•Pastor & Wife Love BanquET 6 p.m., Kimbrough Chapel Church, Rev. Chris Williams, guest speaker.
•First Lady dinner, Mt. Sinai COGIC, in honor of our first lady, evangelist Richenda Pritchard, 4 p.m. Guest speaker, evangelist Bessie Matthis of Cordova, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Job Expo North Mississippi Research Training and Developing Organization, 10 a.m. - 12 noon at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building. Questions or concerns: George Zinn, 662-544-3270; Calvin James, 662-544-2592; Lennell Lucas, 662-252-9618; Nmcrtdo@aol.com
• John Wayne show The Young at Heart of First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, are sponsoring a John Wayne show with a look-alike and impersonator, Sat., April 11, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. in the fellowship hall. No admission, but a love offering will be taken. Everyone is welcome. For more info. call Betty Scott, 252-1762.
• Prayer Breakfast Rising Star Church, April 10, 9 a.m. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• Spring Fling at Free Springs United Methodist Church, 7 a.m. until. Lots of great stuff, including clothing. All at really inexpensive prices! The church is located on Hwy. 310, about 10 miles off Hwy. 7 South. Look for the Piney Point turn and signs. Help the church ladies send kids to summer camp.
• Special service Watson Community Church invites you to hear “N Him” during our service at 2550 Highway 309 South on Sunday, April 11, at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served in our fellowship hall immediately following.
• Spiritual play Yarbrough Chapel Missionaries Soles for Souls Program presents “Spiritual Shoe” play, 2:30 p.m. Guest, Wolf Creek MB Church Missionary Dept., along with Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir, Hudsonville Mass Choir. Rev. Jerry Christian Jr., pastor.
• Women’s Day program Mt. Teamer CME Church, April 11, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Minister Juanita Booker. Host pastor, Rev. Willie Harper.
• Homecoming Chewalla Baptist Church, April 11, 11 a.m. Fellowship meal after service. Singing at 1:30 with Bluff City. For more info, call 662-837-1347.
• Revival April 12-14 at Chewalla Baptist Church 7 p.m. with Bro. Larry Dukes.
• Youth revival Finley Grove M.B. Church will have their annual Youth Revival April 13-15, 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Willie Hoey of Pleasant Hill and the lecturer will be Minister Albroderick Neely. Everyone is invited.
• “Sisters Blessing Sisters” April 16 -17, Women Conference will be held at Smith Grove starting Friday, April 16 at 7 p.m. (youth night) through Saturday, April 17 at 9 a.m. Conference speakers will be evangelist Melony Jenkins, evangelist Charita McCoy, evangelist Brenda Coleman and evangelist Corrine Crittle. There is a fee. For more info., contact Sis. Kajavia Harmon at 662-801-0292 or Sis. Darlean Dowdy at 662-252-5014.
• Anniversary Bibleway Outreach Fellowship, Old Hwy 78, Byhalia, will be having their pre-church anniversary service at 7:30 p.m. Special guest, Pastor Marr from Memphis, Tenn., and Spirit of Life from Byhalia. Everyone is welcome. Bishop Renzil Barringer, pastor.
•Pre-anniversary Bibleway Outreach Fellowship, Old Hwy 78, Byhalia, pre-church anniversary musical, 7 p.m. Special guests, pastor Andrew Cheairs, St. Paul choir, Byhalia and J. Edwards Brown and Charity from Moss Point. Everyone is welcome. Bishop Renzil Barringer, pastor.
• Church anniversary Bibleway Outreach Fellowship, Old Hwy 78, Byhalia, Church anniversary service, 11 a.m. Special guests will be pastor Brown and Light House from Mosspoint. Everyone is welcome. Bishop Renzil Barringer, pastor.
• Men and Women’s Day St. Mark MB Church will sponsor its annual Men and Women Day program 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Dwight Rucker and May Hill of Hickory Valley, Tenn. Pastor, Rev. Patrick Bailey.
• Conference Climax Worship service will be held at Smith Grove on Sunday, April 18 at 3 p.m. Guest speaker, Evangelist Bevelin Gillespie Kneeland of Olive Branch. All are welcome. W.C. Connor, host pastor.
• Pastor & Wife appreciation day 11 a.m. Rev. Arthur Fitzpatrick Jr. and New Way of Living Church will be our guest.
• Choir day new Faith Outreach Ministries, Sun., April 18, 8 a.m. 1296 S. Red Banks Rd. Pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• Revival Rising Star Church, April 21-23, 7 p.m. nightly. Guests will be Pastor Melvin B uffer and Mt. Salem Church. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• Spring Carnival at Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Rd. Saturday, April 24, beginning at 10 a.m. Lots of food, fun and games for all ages. For booth info. call Linda Wilson, 662-252-4706. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
• Benefit program, April 24, 6 p.m. with Minister Larry Martin. New Faith Outreach Ministres, 1296 S. Red Banks Red. Pastor Tracy Jeffries.
• Annual Women’s Day program 3 p.m., Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant. The women are asked to wear hats. Special guest, evangelist Alma Hoyle and the St. James COGIC of Ripley. Everyone is invited. pastor, elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
•All Day Super Sunday. Guest speaker, 2 p.m., Rev. Ronnie Franklin, In the Name of the Sun; guest speaker, 4 p.m., Rev. Melvin, Rev. Melvin Bufford and New Salem, Hickory Valley, Tenn. In the Name of the Father. Guest speaker, 6 p.m., Rev. Mark Davis and Wyatt Community Church, In the Name of the Holy Christ. Close with fellowship dinner. The public is invited. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• State Drive program Finley Grove M.B. Church will have their State Drive program along with morning service at 9 a.m. Everyone is cordially invited.
• Health screening Baptist Women’s Health Center Mammography Unit will be at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, April 29, 8:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Call 662-252-9392 or 662-551-6323 for an appointment. You can also sign up at the Multi-Purpose Building from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Fish fry First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant will have a Fish Fry and Yard Sale, and everyone is invited. The church is located on Hwy. 311 and 1450 Boswell Road. Yard sale will begin at 7 a.m. Food will be served at 12 noon and consist of fish, hushpuppies, slaw, french fries, onions, and green relish. Plates are $8 adults; $3 kids six-12; kids six and under free.
• 2010 Killer Kudzu 5K and 1 mile race will be held Sat., May 15, at 9 a.m. on the Holly Springs Square. Visit www.americanpac.com or call American Pacific at 662-252-1862 for more information.
• Homecoming program Rising Star Church, May 23, 11 a.m. Rising Star Church, pastor Robert McClain, 662-252-7507.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved o
nes buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page