Thursday, March 25, 2010
Police make arrests
Holly Springs Police Chief Robert Pearson released the following report for the week ending March 20.
• a grand larceny was reported in the 600 block of MLK Drive.
• a burglary of a dwelling was reported in the 100 block of Weaver Drive.
• a simple assault was reported in the Center Street area.
• a simple assault was reported in the 200 block of West Woodward.
• a telephone harassment incident was reported in the 400 block of Haven Acres.
• a burglary of a dwelling was reported in the 600 block of West Lake Drive. A window was shattered and a kitchen stove was reported stolen.
• an incident of false pretenses was reported in the 500 block of Craft Street.
• a malicious mischief incident was reported in the 200 block of MLK Drive.
• a malicious mischief incident was reported in the 200 block of West Valley.
• an automobile burglary was reported in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. A car window was shattered and a 17-inch Toshiba laptop computer was stolen.
• discharge of a firearm was reported within the city limits in the 200 block of West Valley. Andrew McKinney, 57, was arrested and charged in connection with the incident, Pearson said.
• a burglary of a dwelling was reported in the 300 block of Bonner Street. Five hundred and twenty dollars in cash and a jewelry box were reported missing.
• a burglary of a dwelling was reported in the 700 block of Coleman Avenue. A weed-eater, three life jackets and a wooden dog house were stolen from the location.
• a burglary of a commercial building was reported in the 500 block of East Salem. Nothing was found missing.
• a domestic violence/simple assault and a malicious mischief was reported in the 200 block of West Woodward.
• a burglary of a dwelling was reported in the 100 block of Randolph Street. The suspect made entry by throwing a brick through a window in the back of the house. The suspect was confronted by the homeowner and fled the location. Gerald Perry, 37, was later apprehended and charged with breaking and entering of an occupied dwelling, according to Chief Pearson.
• Jimmy Lee Perkins, 48, of Holly Springs, was arrested for felony fleeing, resisting arrest and child abuse, Pearson said.
Officers reported other activities – no driver’s license, 4; driving while license suspended, 4; speeding, 8; no proof of insurance, 2; no tag/expired tag, 2; contempt of court, 1; DUI first offense, 1; child restraint violation, 1; public drunk, 1; and resisting arrest, 1
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page