March 25, 2010
Calendar of Events
• March of Dimes fund-raiser Pick up a flyer from various locations around town, or Holly Springs Intermediate School students will be bringing home flyers, then plan to have lunch, a lunch meeting or dinner at Pizza Hut on Thurs., March 25 and 10 percent will be donated to March of Dimes.
• PANCAKE SUPPER sponsored by the Holly Springs Lions Club will be held at First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, fellowship hall. Dinner will be served 5-7:30 p.m. and plates are $5 for all you can eat.
• Friday night fight Kimbrough Chapel Church hosts Friday Night Fight One Night at 7 p.m. with Rev. J.W. Terry and New Liberty Church from Memphis.
• Class meeting Holly Springs High School Class of 1972 will have a class meeting, Fri., March 26, 7 p.m. at Victor’s Pizza. All class members, please be in attendance. For more information, call Elizabeth H. Jones, 662-544-5526.
•Plate lunch Hamburger plate lunch, sponsored by Byhalia FFA We will deliver to businesses. Call 662-838-2446, Bubba Brown or Fred Holland, to order.
• VFW CHARITY CAR SHOW benefits James Potts. Registration begins at 10 a.m. Live music, food, and hourly drawings. Registration for cars-trucks, $20; bikes, $10. Awards to top ten cars-trucks, top five bikes, best of show, and best custom paint. For more info. call Dustin, 662-316-6040; or Teresa, 662-660-4950. The VFW is located on Hwy. 7 South in Holly Springs.
• Prayer breakfast Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, 8 a.m. Speaker will be Sis. Bonnie Matthews. Tickets sold at the door. Pastor, Rev. Robert Odum.
• Fruit of the spirit program will be held at Smith Grove MB Church, 6 p.m. Several speakers will be appearing. Everyone invited. W.C. Conner, host pastor.
• Book Festival, Annie’s Restaurant, March 27; 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Free and open to the public.
• Wild Game Dinner provided by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God Saturday, March 27, at 7 p.m. Tickets on sale now, $10 per adult and $5 per child. For more info. or to get your ticket call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• NAACP Marshall County Branch meeting Saturday, March 27, 10 a.m., at Asbury United Methodist Church. All members are invited to attend. For more info. call Al Beck at 662-252-3426.
• Fruit of the Spirit Program will be held at Smith Grove MB Church on Sat., March 27 at 6 p.m. Several speakers will be appearing. Everyone is invited. W.C. Connor, host pastor.
• Musical Providence Church would like to invite your church, group or solo singer to be with us for a musical for our pastor and first lady at 6 p.m. Celestine Belfoure, 662-291-0879; Lillian Johnson, 662-252-6647; Doris Mallory, 662-6981; Tammy Crumb, 901-289-6731
• TRAIL RIDE The Holly Springs Cowboy’s Trail Ride will be held at the LeSueur Farm at 1335 Hwy. 311 North. Lunch will be served 10 a.m.-12 noon and the ride will begin at 1 p.m. There will be fun for the whole family including volleyball, horseshoes, games, flatbed trailer rides and more. For more info. call Chester LeSueur, 901-281-4772, or the Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum, 662-252-3232. All proceeds benefit art gallery.
• Yard sale - to benefit Mt. Moriah Baptist Church youth camp fund
Sat. morning, 464 Craft St.
• Prayer Breakfast New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Rd., 9 a.m. Speaker, Rev. Dewitt Glover
• Singing The Fourth Saturday night singing at Evangel Full Gospel Assembly will feature local singers and musicians. Congregational singing. Everyone is invited to attend. Singing begins at 7 p.m.
• Men’s Day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have annual Men’s Day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Eugene Anderson and Brooks Chapel of Oakland, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Men’S and Women’s Day Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Men’s and Women’s Day program at 11 a.m. Rev. Bobby Walker and New Greater Life Church from Como will be the guests.
• Men’s and Women’s Day, Community Temple, off Mt. Zion Rd, 3 p.m. Guest church, Living Water; guest speaker, Pastor Rufus Brookins, Memphis, Tenn.; host pastor, Frank Moore. Everyone welcome. Dinner served.
• CLIMAX Pleasant Hill CME Church, located on Hwy. 72 in Mt. Pleasant, Climax of Women’s Month, 2:30 p.m. Speaker, minister Jannie Garrison of Mt. Zion Taska MB Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone invited.
• Sale-a-bration Easter Basket presented by Children’s Super Church. Tickets on sale now good toward large and small Easter baskets with extra special items the whole family will love. For more information on items in baskets or to purchase your ticket, call the church office at Friendship Assembly of God, 662-838-4000, and speak with Crystal. The winning ticket will be announced March 28, during the morning service. Church located on Interstate 78. Take Victoria Exit 18, turn right on Friendship Rd., continue 1/4 mile to church to entrance.
•Pastor’s Anniversary Reid’s Gift MB Church will have their Pastor’s Anniversary program at 2 p.m. The guest speaker is Pastor Greg Wilson of Prospect MB Church, Gallaway, Tenn.
• Musical program Greater New Harvest Church, Chulahoma, Sun., March 28, 6 p.m. Pastor, Rev. Andrew Fluker. Many groups on the program, special guests will be The Wright Brothers of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Sponsored by Pastor Fluker and Bro. Herman Woods.
•Revival this week at Mt. Pisgah CME Church. Male Chorus Day, 2:30. Everyone is invited. Service 11 a.m. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• spay/neuter CLinic The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic is open, 218 College St., Byhalia. Call 662-252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• Revival Union Hill Baptist Church’s (in Michigan City, Benton County) annual Spring Revival is scheduled for March 30-April 1, at 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor Patrick Washington from Blue Mountain will be guest speaker. All are welcome.
• Bible study 6:30-7:30 p.m., Wed. night Bible Study with light refreshments starting at 6. Casual environment; come as you are. We will be exploring the Book of Revelation. Victoria Heights Baptist Church at the corner of U.S. Hwy. 78 (exit 18) and Victoria Road. David Bickers, pastor.
• Revival, Royston CME Church, 3701 Royston Rd., Potts Camp will have revival, March 31-April 2, 7 p.m. nightly. Speaker, Vester P. Easter from Memphis, Tenn. Gwendolyn W. Nelson, pastor. Everyone is invited.
•Easter Mass St. Joseph Catholic Church Easter services, Mass, 7 p.m.
• Fish Fry Cayce Fire Department will be having their spring fish fry at the station, 30 Lee Creek Rd., 4:30-7 p.m. The meal will be cooked by sheriff Kenny Dickerson and crew and will consist of catfish, French fries, slaw, hushpuppies, dessert and tea or coffee. For more info, you may call 851-7634 or 851-7384.
• Fish fry Carlisle’s Big Star in Holly Springs will have a fish fry, April 2, 11 a.m. until, in the parking lot for Relay for Life. Plates, $8. Inside if rains. Delivery for five or more plates.
• Celebrating the Life of Christ, 11 a.m. at Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Bldg. on Memphis St. Any questions, contact Autriniece Folsom, 551-5066; Ase Lee Nunnally, 252-3012. Activities planned, short talks, games and other recreation. Free admission, snacks. Hosted by members of the community, community churches of Marshall County.
• Pizza Party Victoria United Methodist Church will host a pizza party for ages 3 to 13 at the Victoria fellowship hall Friday, April 2, for all children in the community.
• Easter Service St. Joseph Catholic Church Easter services, Veneration of Cross services at 7 p.m.
• Passion play, Slayden Baptist Church, 2534 Hwy. 72, April 2-3, 7 p.m. Free admission. For more info. call 662-252-4559.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page