March 11, 2010
Remember to change clocks this weekend
Daylight Saving Time begins this weekend.
Persons are reminded to wind their clocks forward before going to bed Saturday night. Daylight Saving Time officially begins at 2 a.m. the second Sunday in March, which this year falls on March 14. It will continue for eight months – until the first Sunday in November.
Remember to “spring forward” late Saturday night or early Sunday morning.
Byhalia police respond to theft, fires, more
The Byhalia Police Department responded to 24 calls during the past week.
Chief Gary Looney released the following report – alarm calls, 5; disturbances, 1; domestic calls, 1; thefts, 1; escorts, 2; medical assistance, 7; fires, 4; miscellaneous, 3.
Byhalia police officers also made five arrests during the past week.
Holly Springs officers go to variety of calls
The Holly Springs Police Department issued the following report of activities for the week ending March 6.
• A petit larceny was reported in the 1000 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• Uttering forgery, 400 block of Hudsonville Road.
• Petit larceny, 800 block of Bicycle Road.
• Attempted suicide, 100 block of Josey Street.
• Malicious mischief, 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• Telephone harassment, 200 block of West Valley.
• Simple assault, 600 block of Highway 7 North.
• Petit larceny, 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• Burglary of a vehicle, 200 block of Peyton Road.
• Domestic violence-simple assault, 100 block of Rust Ave.
• Attempted burglary and petit larceny, 1000 block of West Woodward.
• Domestic violence-simple assault, 500 block of Robindale Lane.
Officers reported these additional citations: no driver’s license, 3; driving while license suspended, 4; speeding, 3; no proof of insurance, 2; improper passing, 1; contempt of court, 8; domestic violence/simple assault, 2; simple assault, 1; telephone harassment, 1; stalking, 1; malicious mischief, 1; passing a stopped school bus, 3; shoplifting, 2; and open container, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page