December 31, 2009
Calendar of Events
• Bible Study Mt. Pisgah CME Church on 3877 Cayce
Road will have Bible Study every Wednesday night at 7 p.m. Pastor Eddie
J. Wilson invites all.
• Watch meet service Kimbrough Chapel Church, 10 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Watch Night Service will be held at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located on Cayce Road, 8 p.m. Food will be served. There will be no singing in January or February, 2010.
• New Year’s Ball Zeta Upsilon Zeta Chapter – Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. will host their second annual New Year’s Ball Thursday, December 31, at the Zeta/Sigma Complex Building located at 660 Cottrell Avenue in Holly Springs, from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. Admission will be charged.
• Watch Night Service New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, will have their Watch Night service, Thurs., Dec. 31, starting at 8 p.m. No special singing group, just whoever wants to share some specials please join us and help bring in the New Year. Fellowship supper also, so come and join us. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend.
• New year’s eve program Rising Star Church, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. with special guests The Christian Young Men. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone.
• Revival End of the year revival, New Faith Outreach Ministries, Dec. 31, 8 p.m., Jan. 1, 7 p.m. Speaker will be Bishop Clinton Gipson, along with many other speakers. Host pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• New year’s eve bash Come join us at Watson Community Church for a free New Year’s Eve bash. Food, games, karaoke, fireworks. Bring in the New Year from 6 p.m. until 1 a.m. in a safe, Christian family environment.
• WATCH NIGHT SERVICE Friendship Baptist Church, Raven Roost Road and Old Hernando Road, will have Watch Night Service starting at 7 p.m. Bro. Kerry Nelson of Fulton Baptist Church; Bro. Allen Gallick of Grace Baptist Church of Mooreville, and Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor of Friendship Baptist Church will be bringing the messages. Special singing will be by Paula and Gary Haynes. Refreshments will be served. Bro. Justin and congregation invite everyone to come.
• SINGING Bett Baptist Church will have a New Year’s Eve benefit singing for Charles Farrow. Supper will begin at 5 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. The Geeslins will be featured singers.
• WATCH NIGHT SERVICE and concert will be held at Clear Creek Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Featured singers will be Saving Grace Trio from Amory.
• WATCH NIGHT SERVICE will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 10 p.m. Rev. Earnest Jordan Jr. will be the guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• WATCH NIGHT SERVICE Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Road, will have a New Year’s Eve Watch Service beginning at 10 p.m. Pastor Eddie J. Wilson invites all.
• Watch night service Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, with the entire evening given to worship. The Peppers of Byhalia will be featured guest singers, along with local singers and congregational singing for all. Evangelist Carl Waldrop of Ashland will be preaching. Fellowship and refreshments with all gathering around the altar at midnight. Begins at 8 p.m. Everyone is cordially invited.
• Singing Abundant Grace
Ministries Church presents the Almost Famous Crains, 7 p.m., with
special guests, the Bluff City Quartet, Call to Worship, Danny Smith
Singers, John Johnson, Peggy Kirk and Lo Note Duo.
SINGING There will be a singing at Holly Hill Baptist Church in Holly
Springs, 7 p.m. featuring The Barnetts from Stanton, Tn. Fellowship
• Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce
Road, will have a Helena B. Cobb program at 11 a.m. Everyone is
welcome. Pastor is Eddie J. Wilson.
• Weight loss program Ark of Safety Outreach Ministry, Red Banks, next to the Meat Market, is starting a new Fit for Jesus weight loss program, Tues., Jan. 5, 6 p.m. Meetings will be every Tues. and Thurs. at 6 p.m. Free to everyone. To sign up or for info. call Rhonda, 901-674-0267 or Bunches, 662-544-3807.
• MONTHLY MEETING The Friends of the
Marshall County Library System will hold their monthly meeting at 12
noon in the meeting room of the Holly Springs Library. The speaker
will be library director Diane Schule, who will present a “Book
Blitz,” a rapid review of several recently published titles.
Attendees will be encouraged to agree, disagree, and argue the merits
of the covered books. Refeshments will be served, admission is free,
and the public is encouraged to attend.
Church installation Kimbrough Chapel will have a church installation,
Jan. 10, 11 a.m., with speaker Rev. Jerry Williams and Reid’s Gift
Church as guests. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
Concert Kimbrough Chapel mass choir will be in concert, Jan. 17, 3 p.m.
with guest choir Jones Chapel. The public is invited. Pastor, Rev. J.W.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page