December 17, 2009
Calendar of Events
• Christmas presentation Friendship Christian Academy presents their annual Christmas presentation “He Is” at 6:30 p.m. Come early for seating. You don’t want to miss it!
• Fish fry, Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Old Hwy. 78, Red Banks, next to the Meat Market. 10 a.m., with yard sale all day. Movie night, children 12 and under, 5 p.m. Small admission.
• Cantata Rice Chapel Methodist Church, Hwy. 72, will have their cantata, at 5 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Pastor Walter Myers invites everyone.
• Yard sale Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Old Hwy. 78, Red Banks, next to the Meat Market. All day.
• Children’s Christmas program Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God presents “Christmas Unwrapped” at 10 a.m. Everyone welcome! Church located Hwy. 78. Take Victoria Exit 18, turn right on Friendship Rd., half a mile to entrance. Come and be blessed.
• Christmas program Kimbrough Chapel Church, Dec. 20, 9 a.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• “Old Fashioned Christmas” Friendship Assembly of God in Victoria invites you to come and join in an evening of caroling through the streets of Byhalia. There will be hot cocoa, sounds of Christmas cheer and laughter of children as we serenade the community with songs of the season. Holiday trailer of carolers will be leaving the church at 6 p.m.
• Christmas concert Heritage Apostolic Church, located on Hwy. 7 South in Holly Springs, will present their third annual Christmas concert at 6:30 p.m.
• Children’s Christmas program Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3377 Cayce Road, Children’s Christmas program will be held in the morning worship service, 9 a.m. Every Wednesday night, Bible study at 7 p.m. Pastor, Eddie J. Wilson.
• Christmas cantata The annual Community Choir Christmas cantata will be presented Sun., Dec. 20, 5 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church. Admission is free, everyone is invited.
• Come and Meet Santa Holly Springs Parks and Rec. Dept. Tues., Dec. 22, 6:30 p.m. at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building for children ages 10 yrs. and under. Santa will give away candy and pictures can be taken with Santa. For more info., 662-252-4807.
• Christmas service Victoria Heights Baptist Church will have a candlelight Christmas service, December 23, 6:30 p.m. The church is located at Hwy. 78, Exit 18. Everyone is invited.
• Christmas Eve service Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Christmas Eve service CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St., Olive Branch, invites everyone to their Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, Thurs., Dec. 24 at 6:30 p.m. Music, communion and story of the birth of Christ. www.crosspointeministries.org
• Benefit program for Shervon Beard Mason, Sat., Dec. 26, 6 p.m. at Sand Hill Church in Lamar. Please help support this program. Sponsor, Larry Gatewood, co-sponsor, Penny Griffin. Host pastor, Rev. Etoy Bogard. The public is invited.
• Winter revival Come and join New Dimension Church for winter revival, Dec. 28-Jan. 1, 7 p.m. nightly with prayer at 6 p.m. Pastor, Elder Actavatis Allen.
• Watch meet service Kimbrough Chapel Church, 10 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Watch Night Service will be held at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located on Cayce Road, 8 p.m. Food will be served. There will be no singing in January or February, 2010.
• New Year’s Ball Zeta Upsilon Zeta Chapter – Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. will host their second annual New Year’s Ball Thursday, December 31, at the Zeta/Sigma Complex Building located at 660 Cottrell Avenue in Holly Springs, from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. Admission will be charged.
• Watch Night Service New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72 Slayden, will have their Watch Night service, Thurs., Dec. 31, starting at 8 p.m. No special singing group, just whoever wants to share some specials please join us and help bring in the New Year. Fellowship supper also, so come and join us. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend.
• New year’s eve program Rising Star Church, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. with special guests The Christian Young Men. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone.
• Revival End of the year revival, New Faith Outreach Ministries, Dec. 31, 8 p.m., Jan. 1, 7 p.m. Speaker will be Bishop Clinton Gipson, along with many other speakers. Host pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• Weight loss program Ark of Safety Outreach Ministry, Red Banks, next to the Meat Market, is starting a new Fit for Jesus weight loss program, Tues., Jan. 5, 6 p.m. Meetings will be every Tues. and Thurs. at 6 p.m. Free to everyone. To sign up or for info. call Rhonda, 901-674-0267 or Bunches, 662-544-3807.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page