Decemeber 10, 2009
Calendar of Events
• The Joyous Sounds of Christmas presented by the Byhalia High School bands and chorus, in concert, with special guests Byhalia Elementary and Middle School and Galena Elementary School. Thurs., Dec. 10, 6 p.m. in the high school gym. Small admission charge.
• PTA meeting Holly Springs Intermediate School PTA will meet Thurs., Dec. 10, 5:30 p.m., in the library. After the PTA meeting, a third-sixth grade math parent training has been rescheduled.
• “Share our joy” This year Friendship Assembly of God, in Victoria, has selected the Baptist Children’s Village to be the recipient of “Share Our Joy.” If you would like to join others for an evening of Christmas cheer, contact the church office at 662-838-4000 for more information.
• Christmas program Holly Springs Intermediate School Christmas program will be held on Fri., Dec. 11, 1 p.m., in the gym.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 S. with the Geeslins singing. Dinner at 5 p.m., singing at 6:15.
• Sunday school night Dec. 12, 6:30 p.m., Kimbrough Chapel Church. Sponsored by Charles Ambrose. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Laymen prayer breakfast Sat., Dec. 12, 8 a.m., sponsored by the Holly Springs Marshall County Laymen Ministry. The breakfast will be held in the fellowship hall of New Mt. Gilliam MB Church, Stonewall Rd., Byhalia. Music by the “Voices of Thunder” HSMC male choir.
• Benefit program New Faith MB Church, Victoria, for Bessie Mae Dortch Prewitt. Everyone is invited. Group praise and dancing. Come and be a blessing, 6 p.m. Pastor Bogard.
• Birthday celebration The family of Jim Duncan of Meridian, formerly of Potts Camp, invites everyone to attend a 70th birthday celebration, Sat., Dec. 12, noon to 2 p.m. at the First Baptist Church in Potts Camp. Jim is a graduate of Potts Camp High School. If you can attend, please call Jim’s daughter, Karen Cummings, at 601-938-2935.
• Christmas gala The young adults of Pleasant Hill CME Church will host a 2009 Christmas gala/banquet at Mt. Pisgah CME Church in Cayce, 6 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. Ladarryl Odum of St. Mark MB Church. Contact any member for further info. Tickets can be purchased at the door. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites all.
• Christmas banquet The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a Christmas banquet/gala in the new church building at 7 p.m. Formal attire is required. See members for tickets. Everyone is invited. Pastor Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. invites everyone to attend.
• 50 women in red, 50 men in black St. Mark MB Church, Sun., Dec. 13, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Jerry Williams and Reid’s Gift Church. Please come out and support this program.
• Musical celebration Isom Chapel CME Church will celebrate their 103rd anniversary with a concert on Dec. 13, 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to come celebrate this musical event with them. 1436 Isom Chapel Rd., Rev. Joe T. Lester, pastor.
• Musician appreciation St. Mark MB Church, 2500 Hwy. 178 E., Holly Springs, Dec. 13, 3 p.m., for Bro. Rudy Whitelow, Bro. Willis McNeil and Bro. Bernie Byers. Pastor Patrick Bailey.
• MUSICAL The Concerned Women of Marshall County will sponsor a musical at the Multi-Purpose Building in Holly Springs at 7 p.m. Please bring perishable items to help the needy; this is in support of the food pantry.
• CHILDREN’S PROGRAM Everyone is invited to Chewalla Assembly of God children’s Christmas program titled “Christmas at Bethlehem Gulch” 11 a.m. The church is located 1511 Higdon Road, Holly Springs.
• CHRISTMAS PROGRAM The Holly Springs Choral Department, under the direction of Barbara Anderson, will present their annual Christmas program, 4 p.m., at the Holly Springs auditorium. Admission $5 per person; children 5 and under are free.
• Christmas presentation Friendship Christian Academy presents their annual Christmas presentation “He Is” at 6:30 p.m. Come early for seating. You don’t want to miss it!
• Children’s Christmas program Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God presents “Christmas Unwrapped” at 10 a.m. Everyone welcome! Church located Hwy. 78. Take Victoria Exit 18, turn right on Friendship Rd., half a mile to entrance. Come and be blessed.
• Christmas program Kimbrough Chapel Church, Dec. 20, 9 a.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• “Old Fashioned Christmas” Friendship Assembly of God in Victoria invites you to come and join in an evening of caroling through the streets of Byhalia. There will be hot cocoa, sounds of Christmas cheer and laughter of children as we serenade the community with songs of the season. Holiday trailer of carolers will be leaving the church at 6 p.m.
• Christmas Eve service Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Christmas Eve service CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St., Olive Branch, invites everyone to their Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, Thurs., Dec. 24 at 6:30 p.m. Music, communion and story of the birth of Christ. www.crosspointeministries.org
• Watch meet service Kimbrough Chapel Church, 10 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Watch Night Service will be held at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located on Cayce Road, 8 p.m. Food will be served. There will be no singing in January or February, 2010.
• New Year’s Ball Zeta Upsilon Zeta Chapter – Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. will host their second annual New Year’s Ball Thursday, December 31, at the Zeta/Sigma Complex Building located at 660 Cottrell Avenue in Holly Springs, from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. Admission will be charged.
• Watch Night Service New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72 Slayden, will have their Watch Night service, Thurs., Dec. 31, starting at 8 p.m. No special singing group, just whoever wants to share some specials please join us and help bring in the New Year. Fellowship supper also, so come and join us. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend.
• New year’s eve program Rising Star Church, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. with special guests The Christian Young Men. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone.
• Revival End of the year revival, New Faith Outreach Ministries, Dec. 31, 8 p.m., Jan. 1, 7 p.m. Speaker will be Bishop Clinton Gipson, along with many other speakers. Host pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page