Thursday, December 3, 2009
Fall session of court takes pleas
By BARRY BURLESON
Marshall County Circuit Court finished its fall session in November with a number of defendants pleading guilty to felony charges and the completion of two jury trials, according to circuit clerk Lucy Carpenter.
The following cases were settled:
• Yulandrius Quinn Jones, 500 block of Baltimore, Memphis, Tenn., dob 5/29/1986, charged with accessory after the fact and nonadjudicated, sentenced to two years supervised probation, costs and fees.
• Krystal Bentley, dob 10/31/1983, 2100 block of Moore Road, Red Banks, pled guilty to attempted aggravated assault, sentenced to two years unsupervised probation, and must have no contact with victim. Count 1, aggravated assault retired to file.
• Jeremy Wilburn, 1300 block of Boswell Road, Holly Springs, dob 1/7/1977, pled guilty to possession of methamphetamine and Counts 1 and III dismissed. Sentenced to four years supervised probation, cost and fees and $2,000 fine.
• Michael P. Westforth, of 8600 Roberts Drive, Sandy Springs, Georgia, dob 1/13/1981, charged with uttering forgery, sentenced to five years and reduced to time served, two years unsupervised probation, cost, fees and restitution.
• Marshall Anderson, dob 11/4/1975, 300 block of Isaac Chapel Road, Byhalia, pled guilty to sale of cocaine, sentenced to five years with three years suspended and three years post-release supervision, cost and fees and $2,500 fine.
• Eddie Lee Duncan, dob 12/26/1967, Byhalia, pled guilty to touching a child for lustful purposes, sentenced to two years in prison and two years post release supervised probation, costs, fees, restitution, register as a sex offender.
• Jeremy Brown, dob 6/24/1986, 100 block of Quinn Road, Byhalia, pled to possession with intent, sentenced to one year reduced to time served, post release supervision, cost, fees, restitution runs concurrent with prior sentence.
• Virgil Morris Brandon, dob 1/19/1963, 1400 block of Beck Springs Road, Hickory Flat, pled guilty to embezzlement, sentence deferred.
• Natasha D. Anderson, 1400 block of Roberts Road, Memphis, dob 10/7/1974, pled to uttering forgery, sentenced three years reduced to time served and three years post release supervision, cost and fees.
• Blake Edward Hess, dob 10/21/1990, 200 block of Aubrey Cove, Collierville, Tenn., pled guilty to one count burglary of a dwelling, sentenced to supervised probation, cost and fees to insurance company and $5,000 restitution to victims.
• Joshua Keeling, dob 12/5/1989, 100 block of Lake Shore Drive, Potts Camp, accessory after the fact of robbery, one year supervised probation, cost and fees, and restitution.
• Frances Redding Jr., dob 10/6/1949, 3300 block of Highway 309 South, Potts Camp, pled guilty to grand larceny, sentenced to five years in prison and two years post-release supervision to run concurrently with two sentences he is currently serving.
• Robert Lesure, dob 6/20/1943, 500 block of South Center Street, Holly Springs, third felony offense, reduced to misdemeanor plea, 60-day suspended sentence, cost and fees.
• Sammie Wright, dob 3/10/1966, 55 Blair Cove, Byhalia, pled to reduced charges to aggravated assault, five years sentence reduced to time served and two years post release supervision.
• Cassel Vaughn, dob 1/15/1990, 400 block West College Avenue, Holly Springs, possession of contraband in correctional facility, sentenced to six years with three suspended and three years post release supervision, $500 fine and concurrent with current sentence.
• Savannah Riley, 6082 Highway 178, Hickory Flat, dob 4/3/1984, burglary of a dwelling, sentenced to five years with three years suspended and three years supervised probation, cost and fees.
• Rachel Roberson, dob 3/13/1964, 150 Powell Street, Hickory Valley, Tenn., embezzlement, sentence deferred to February term, make restitution.
• Charles H. Ross, dob 3/17/1982, 5366 Sparrow Wood, Memphis, uttering forgery, post release supervision, cost, fees, testimony.
• Heather Marie Whitehurst, dob 9/16/1988, 16 Second Street, Byhalia, embezzlement, sentenced to five years suspended with two years unsupervised probation, cost, fees, restitution of $4,999.48.
• Johnny Tidwell, dob 4/17/1954, 200 block of Randolph Street, Holly Springs, simple assault on law officer, participate in short term D&A, if completed, release, two years imprisonment, fined $2,000. Sale of cocaine, probation revocation, two-year sentence imposed to run concurrently with above sentence.
• Cody Wayne Berryhill, dob 8/4/1989, 200 block of Grays Drive, Lamar, uttering forgery 10 years reduced to time served, five years post release supervision, release from supervision upon payment of restitution and cost.
• Montra Bailey, dob 8/4/1992, 521 Old Oxford Road, Waterford, burglary of auto, three years suspended, cost, fees, restitution for pending youth court matters, get GED.
• Shanetta Johnson, dob 11/28/1985, unknown address, simple assault on law officer, five years with four years suspended and D&A classes, anger management classes and three years post release supervision.
• Roger Wayne Downs, dob 8/25/1963, 5497 Adams Circle, Horn Lake, grand larceny, five years reduced to time served, cost, fees.
• Antonio Hilliard, dob 6/3/1981, 23 CR496 Oxford, pled intent reduced to possession of marijuana, possession of crack cocaine with intent, pled to possession of marijuana, 60 days suspended, cost, fees, $2,500 fine, pled possession with intent.
• Samanta Lewis, dob 8/18/1982, 117 Spruce, Hickory Flat, aggravated assault reduced to malicious mischief, one year with one year supervised probation, restitution if any.
• Melinda K. Bell, dob 6/22/1965, 138 Morphis Road, Lake Village, Ark., embezzlement, post release supervision, cost, fees, restitution to be paid within one year.
• Sterling Edwards, dob 6/21/1988, 4705 Dupree, Olive Branch, burglary of a dwelling, Count 1 five years, two suspended, five years post release supervision, cost, fees, restitution payable $50 a month 60 days after release, Counts II and III retired.
• Robert Holpe, dob 7/17/1980, 71 Christopher Circle, Byhalia, robbery with a deadly weapon, pled to information, 20 years with 10 suspended and five years post release supervision, cost, fees, restitutioin, concurrent with two other causes. State agrees to dismiss pending revocation.
• Kevin Richardson, dob 12/19/1989, 1209 Old Oxford Road, Waterford, kidnapping, 30 years with 15 years suspended, five years post release supervision, cost, fees.
• Jake Lacey, dob 2/4/1983, 2181 Deer Creek Drive, Byhalia, burglary of a dwelling, 10 years with five years suspended and five years post release supervision, cost, fees, restitution concurrent with MC CRO5-016A.
• Toulman Boatwright Jr., dob 5/12/1959, Holly Springs, directing the commission of a felony by a person under 17, entered Alford vs. North Carolina plea, five years sentence held in abeyance pending successful completion of three years supervised probation, cost and fees, jury cost, $2,500 restitution, and pay $1,009.34 witness fee, and no contact with Grace and Wynne Boatwright, cannot go within three miles of Grace Boatwright’s home, cannot go to Craft and Wynne Insurance office as long as Grace is employed.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page