December 3, 2009
Calendar of Events
• Anniversary The Dynamic Angels will celebrate their 19th anniversary on Sat., Dec. 5 at Jones Grove MB Church at 7 p.m. Everyone is cordially invited. On Sun., Dec. 6, the anniversary celebration continues at Rising Star MB Church, 6 p.m. For more info. see Sis. Florida Manning.
• Children’s Christmas Breakfast and pictures with Santa at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, Sat., Dec. 5 from 8-10 a.m. Children must be accompanied by a parent; fee is $5 per person ($15 max. per family). Make reservations by Dec. 1 to Anne Quinn (901-486-3908) or Stephanie Quinn (662-298-6376). The church is located at 6400 Blocker Street in Olive Branch.
• Christmas party Holly Springs High School Class of 1990, Dec. 5, 9 p.m. until, at the Oak Palace. Free refreshments while they last.
• Meeting St. Mary’s/Cadet/Holy Family reunion committee, Sat., Dec. 5, 12 noon, Peyton Realty Co., Millbranch Ave., Memphis, Tenn. All are encouraged to attend this meeting. For more info., Pat Boga, public relations rep., or Willie Mallory, chair, 901-292-0698.
• Meeting The Marshall County Genealogical Society will meet at 10 a.m., Sat., Dec. 5 at the Marshall County Library. This will be the last meeting of the year for 2009. Officers will be elected for 2010.
• Annual Salad Fiesta sponsored by the Anderson Chapel CME Church, located at 730 Martin Luther King Drive. Speaker Rev. Brenda McCaskill, chaplain, Rust College. Sat., Dec. 5, 7 p.m. Come and taste a variety of wonderful salads and desserts, and enjoy a funfilled evening with a mini fashion show by the women of the church. Tickets $5. For more info. call 662-252-5269 or 662-252-1230.
• Day of worship Fellowship Baptist Church hosts a day of worship and praise with guest speaker John “Bull” Bramlett, formerly with the NFL, at 11 a.m. Afternoon singing will start at 1:30 p.m. featuring Brian Free and Assurance from Douglasville, GA. The church is located on Hwy. 309 North. Wade Crum is pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Christmas concert Bethel Presbyterian Church, 3810 Bethel Rd., Olive Branch, presents Nine Lessons and Carols, Sunday, Dec. 6, 4 p.m. featuring the chancel choir, accompanied by organist, David Caudill. There will also be congregational hymns and carols. All concerts and programs at Bethel are free and open to the public. A reception will follow in the fellowship hall. Come for a delightful afternoon of music and refreshments.
• Choir cantata The adult choir of Pine Grove Baptist Church in Hickory Flat will present their Christmas cantata, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” at 10 a.m. on Sun., Dec. 6. Everyone is invited!
• First Sunday at 5 Dec. 6, 5 p.m. at Annie’s Restaurant. An open group of learning leaders promoting hospitality as a leading cause for community prosperity. Everyone is invited to enjoy an evening of living history and community updates and learn about the contributions of African Americans to the history of Marshall County. For more info. call 662-252-2606, 228-326-1953, 662-544-3270.
• 50 women in red, 50 men in black St. Mark MB Church, Sun., Dec. 6, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Jerry Williams and Reid’s Gift Church. Please come out and support this program. Pastor, Rev. Patrick Bailey, sponsor, Sis. Paula Byers.
• The Joyous Sounds of Christmas presented by the Byhalia High School bands and chorus, in concert, with special guests Byhalia Elementary and Middle School and Galena Elementary School. Thurs., Dec. 10, 6 p.m. in the high school gym. Small admission charge.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 S. with the Geeslins singing. Dinner at 5 p.m., singing at 6:15.
• Sunday school night Dec. 12, 6:30 p.m., Kimbrough Chapel Church. Sponsored by Charles Ambrose. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Laymen prayer breakfast Sat., Dec. 12, 8 a.m., sponsored by the Holly Springs Marshall County Laymen Ministry. The breakfast will be held in the fellowship hall of New Mt. Gilliam MB Church, Stonewall Rd., Byhalia. Music by the “Voices of Thunder” HSMC male choir.
• Benefit program New Faith MB Church, Victoria, for Bessie Mae Dortch Prewitt. Everyone is invited. Group praise and dancing. Come and be a blessing, 6 p.m. Pastor Bogard.
• Musical celebration Isom Chapel CME Church will celebrate their 103rd anniversary with a concert on Dec. 13, 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to come celebrate this musical event with them. 1436 Isom Chapel Rd., Rev. Joe T. Lester, pastor.
• Musician appreciation St. Mark MB Church, 2500 Hwy. 178 E., Holly Springs, Dec. 13, 3 p.m., for Bro. Rudy Whitelow, Bro. Willis McNeil and Bro. Bernie Byers. Pastor Patrick Bailey.
• Christmas program Kimbrough Chapel Church, Dec. 20, 9 a.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Christmas service Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Watch meet service Kimbrough Chapel Church, 10 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Everyone is invited.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page