November 19, 2009
Calendar of Events
• Thanksgiving meal Free communitywide Thanksgiving meal will be held at Slayden Baptist Church, 2534 Hwy. 72 at 6 p.m. Please call the church office with reservations by Thursday, November 12, 662-252-4559. Deliveries will be made to homebound people only. Everyone is invited.
• CELEBRATION Byhalia Area Chamber of Commerce hosts annual Chamber Celebration, 6-9 p.m. at BardenStone, 89 Edwards Rd., Byhalia. Music will be by “Blue Denim.” Call 838-8127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. $15 each person, $20 without reservation.
• Revival New Faith Outreach Ministries, Nov. 19-20, 7 p.m., 1296 S. Red Banks Rd. Evangelist will be Bishop Norman Johnson of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Host pastor Tracy Jeffries.
• Meeting The American Cancer Society Relay for Life - Marshall County Chapter: Committee Team meeting Thursday, the Marshall County Library, 5:30 p.m., and the team meeting has been scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
• Spaghetti supper Calvary Baptist Church of Lamar is hosting a spaghetti supper at the Benton County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 5, Ashland, 5:30-8 p.m. The benefit will be held at the conference center and the proceeds will benefit home missions projects such as Coldwater Baptist Children’s Village and Blue Mountain College Missionary Students. The plate will consist of spaghetti, salad, bread, peach cobbler, and a drink for $8. This is eat-in or take out. Door prizes will be given.
• Christmas in Byhalia, hosted by Town of Byhalia, at 5:30 p.m. in downtown Byhalia. There will be photos with Santa, Tree Lighting, a brand new lighting display donated by LCI, Inc., holiday music, free hot dogs and drinks.
• BENEFIT Fish fry and silent auction to benefit Hickory and Carol Henley who have extensive medical bills will be held at Cayce Fire Department, 30 Lee Creek Road, 4:30-7:30 p.m. Donations accepted.
• Benefit program by the Stars of Faith, for Sis. Betty Raimey, Sat., Nov. 21, 6 p.m. at Kimbrough Chapel MB Church in Lamar. The public is invited.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church will have a prayer breakfast, 9 a.m. Rev. Joe Tunstall, pastor of Free Branch M.B. Church will be guest speaker. Rev. Andrew Cheairs is pastor. For tickets call Gazella Hall or Lee Walker, 662-838-4774.
• singing Bethel UMC (Benton County), Sat., Nov. 21 at 5 p.m. Singers are: Lanell (Hunt) Hutcheson, Mickey Basil, Ben Coleman, Mitch Stone, Jr. and the Union County UMC Charge Singers. Free barbecue supper after the singing in the church fellowship hall. Love offering will be taken with all proceeds going to the building fund. Chances also being sold on a Remington Model 11-48 Automatic shotgun to be given away that night, $1 each. Bethel United Methodist Church is located approximately three miles off Hwy. 5 on Pine Grove Rd. between Ashland and Hickory Flat.
• Concert Nov. 21, Clear Creek Baptist Church, featuring Marvin Marrow from Cypress Bend, Tenn. Fellowship at 6 p.m., concert begins at 7.
• Dollar Days flea market and bake sale, at Free Springs United Methodist Church, Sat., Nov. 21, starting at 5 a.m. with sausage and biscuits available for the hunters and early shoppers. All flea market items $1 or less, and a bake sale with sweets for the Thanksgiving holiday. Money raised will be used to send kids to summer church camp at Camp Lake Stephens. Free Springs UMC is located one mile south of Hwy. 310 on Lafayette CR 511 in the Harmontown community. (At the Piney Point turn.)
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., Nov. 21, 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
• Fall fest Red Banks Baptist Church is sponsoring a Fall Fest, Sat., Nov. 21, from 5-8 p.m. Everyone, young and old, the entire family, is cordially invited. There will be a hay ride, games, prizes, a scavenger hunt and fun for everyone, all in the Red Banks Baptist Church family life center.
• In “the alley” Outreach Ministries of New Dimension Church will be at North Center St., in “the alley” giving out food, singing and ministering beginning at 3 p.m. on Sat., Nov. 21. For more info. call 662-252-2271, Craig Williamson or Deacon Thomas Brown.
• Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having an appreciation service for Minister Raymond and Sister Jorena Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Napoleon Lesueur and Tabernacle of Prayer of Holly Springs; and Concord Mass Choir of Slayden. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming Emory Independent Methodist Church will be holding their annual homecoming services and meal on November 22 at 11 a.m.
• Fall Revival will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, Hwy. 72 at Mt. Pleasant, Sunday, 6 p.m.; Monday and Tuesday, 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Etoyle Bogard. Willie Hoey is pastor. Everyone is invited.
• 100 men in black 100 women in red, True Vine MB Church, 2:30 p.m. Pastor, Darrelle Cunningham; sponsors, Olivia Bynote and Katina Jeffries.
• Harvest Day Red Banks Baptist Church cordially invites everyone to attend Harvest Day, Sun., Nov. 22. “High Attendance” Sunday School begins at 9:45 a.m. After worship service, everyone is invited to enjoy food and fellowship.
• Thanksgiving turkey Marshall Academy 2010 Project Graduation committee is selling Thanksgiving deep-fried turkeys. You may purchase a 12-14 lb. turkey or a turkey breast. Place your order by November 13. You may place your order with Renee’ Colburn, 901-493-6216; Lisa Childers, 901-230-3576; Patti Baker, 662-544-0103; or any member of the senior class. Turkeys may be picked up November 24 at the Marshall Academy PTC Farmers’ Market from 4-8 p.m. in the cafeteria.
• Thanksgiving service Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Thanksgiving service, Nov. 25, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr.
• Anniversary Free Branch MB Church hosts Freemanaires’ Anniversary, 6 p.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Teen summit North MS Community Research Training and Development Organization is sponsoring a teen summit, Nov. 28, 10 a.m. at the Multi-Purpose Building. Special speakers, music, refreshments and a basketball tournament (teenage players only). Registration begins at 9 a.m. For more info. call 274-4254, 544-3270, or 252-9618.
• LUNCHEON Red Banks United Methodist Church will host a Fifth Sunday luncheon. Service will be held at 10 a.m. with covered dish lunch at 12 noon and singing at 1 p.m. with the Kennedy Family. Everyone is invited.
• First lady appreciation Jones Grove MB Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 N, for Louise Powell. Sunday, Nov. 29, 3 p.m. Special guest speaker will be Rev. Clyde Williams. Guest choir will be Concord MB Church of Lamar. Everyone is invited.
• Sunday night worship, Kimbrough Chapel Church, 7 p.m. Pastor J.W. Smith Jr.
• Anniversary The Dynamic Angels will celebrate their 19th anniversary on Sat., Dec. 5 at Jones Grove MB Church at 7 p.m. Everyone is cordially invited. On Sun., Dec. 6, the anniversary celebration continues at Rising Star MB Church, 6 p.m. For more info. see Sis. Florida Manning.
• Children’s Christmas Breakfast and pictures with Santa at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, Sat., Dec. 5 from 8-10 a.m. Children must be accompanied by a parent; fee is $5 per person ($15 max. per family). Make reservations by Dec. 1 to Anne Quinn (901-486-3908) or Stephanie Quinn (662-298-6376). The church is located at 6400 Blocker Street in Olive Branch.
• Christmas party Holly Springs High School Class of 1990, Dec. 5, 9 p.m. until, at the Oak Palace. Free refreshments while they last.
• Day of worship Fellowship Baptist Church hosts a day of worship and praise with guest speaker John “Bull” Bramlet, formerly with the NFL, at 11 a.m. Afternoon singing will start at 1:30 p.m. featuring Brian Free and Assurance from Douglasville, GA. The church is located on Hwy. 309 North. Wade Crum is pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 S. with the Geeslins singing. Dinner at 5 p.m., singing at 6:15.
• Sunday school night Dec. 12, 6:30 p.m., Kimbrough Chapel Church. Sponsored by Charles Ambrose. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page