Thursday, November 5, 2009
Calendar of Events
• Senior Citizens Day Nov. 4, Emory Independent Methodist Church will host their annual Senior Citizens Day. All senior citizens are invited to join in this time of community fellowship. The meal is set to begin at noon.
• Revival Jones Grove, Nov. 4-6, 7 p.m. Rev. John Powell will lecture. Evangelist will be Rev. Kenneth Artison from St. Paul MB Church in Byhalia. Everyone is invited.
• Dulcimers Club meeting at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs, second and fourth Thursdays, 2-4 p.m.
• Craft fair Arkabutla Baptist Church, Nov. 6-7 at the community center. Fresh produce, etc. For booth rentals, call 662-562-6076.
• Dance Holly Springs Parks and Rec Dept. will host a pre-Thanksgiving dance for senior citizens, 55 and older, Fri., Nov. 6, 7 p.m. until. Attire is semi-formal, free admission. Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building. D.J. will be John Faulkner (J Faulk).
• Fall singing at New Garden Baptist Church, 4831 Sycamore Road, Coldwater, in the W. Kefield Community at 7:30 p.m. Saving Grace and Heaven’s Highway will be featured groups. Everyone is invited.
• Singing Fri., Nov. 6, 6 p.m. at the Hickory Flat gym. Small admission at the door. Featuring Crawford Crossing and Lane Chapel Quartet, along with local talent.
• Singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church located on Cayce Road will have a gospel singing with featured guests “Destiny Gospel Singers,” 7 p.m.
• Wrestling Byhalia Sports Association will host Bad Boys Wrestling on Sat., Nov. 7, 7 p.m. in the former Byhalia High School gym. Admission will be charged. Concessions will be available. Come out and support your local sports association and enjoy an evening’s entertainment including wrestling, concessions, door prizes, and raffles.
• Fall Sale Saturday from 8 a.m. until 12 noon at Holy Family School, West Street. Clothing and jeans for all ages, dishes, books, toys, children’s items, Christmas items, bedding and many other items. Sale will benefit Holy Family School. Come early for the best selection and support our school.
• Singing Mt. Teamer CME Church, 6 p.m. Many gospel singers, choirs, etc., on program. The public is invited.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, Sat., Nov. 7, with Saving Grace. Fellowship meal at 5:30 p.m., singing follows at 7 p.m.
• Class meeting W.T. Sims Class of 1967 Club will meet Nov. 7, 4 p.m. at Pizza Hut in Holly Springs. Important, please attend. Chairman, James Alford.
• Harvest Day will be held at Community Temple Church, 3 p.m Dinner will be served. Host pastor is Elder Frank Moore, 662-851-3388.
• Love day St. Mark Church will celebrate Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, for pastor Patrick Bailey and first lady Gloria Bailey, Sun., at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Kenneth Artison of Byhalia. Everyone is invited.
• ANNIVERSARY The Silver Stars’ 41st Anniversary will be held at Oak Palace in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. M.C. will be Sis. Pat Boga of WURC-88.1 FM Radio Station at Rust College. There will be lots of groups performing. Everyone is invited. A donation will be accepted.
• Anniversary Kimbrough Chapel Church, 1182 Kimbrough Chapel Road, Lamar, will celebrate the 10th anniversary with Joe Luellen and the Luellen Gospel Singers, 2:30 p.m.
• Harvest Day will be held at Free Branch MB Church, 9 a.m. with morning worship. Bishop Gipson will be the guest speaker. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites all.
• Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having an appreciation service for Minister Sammie and Sister Curtanya Smith at 3 p.m. Special guest speaker will be Elder Robert Kelly of Como and guest choir will be Bibleway Outreach Fellowship of Byhalia. Everyone is welcome.
• Love Day St. Mark Church will celebrate pastor Patrick Bailey and first lady Gloria Bailey’s annual Love Day, Sun., Nov. 8, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Kenneth Artison and St. Matthews of Byhalia.
• Harvest Day Mt. Teamer CME Church, 2 p.m. with guest speaker Rev. Tony Wilkins and the choir of St. Paul CME. The public is invited.
• Singing Friendship Baptist Church on Old Hernando Road will have a singing Nov. 8 featuring The Kennedy’s. Sunday School 9:45 a.m., morning worship 11 a.m., lunch from 12 to 1, singing 1 until. Bro. Justin Haynes and congregation invite everyone to attend.
• Seven seal program Roberts Chapel Church, Nov. 8, 2:30 p.m. The public is invited.
• PTSA meeting Mon., Nov. 9, 6-7 p.m. Speaker will be from Watch Dogs. Byhalia Elementary School cafeteria.
• Day of prayer Hopewell No. 1 Missionary Society will have its annual day of prayer, Mon., Nov. 9, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Veterans Day celebration honoring local veterans, Wed., Nov. 11, 6:30 p.m. at the Ida B. Wells Museum, 220 N. Randolph. Everyone is welcome to come and learn about American and African American soldiers who served their country. For more info. call 252-3232. Refreshments will be served.
• Fellowship supper Victoria United Methodist Church will host a fellowship supper consisting of chili, soup, sandwiches, and dessert on Sat., Nov. 14, 5-7:30 p.m. All are invited to attend and meet your friends and neighbors.
• Pancake breakfast benefiting the Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum, Sat., Nov. 14, 9 a.m. Please RSVP by calling the museum at 662-252-3232. Everyone is invited.
• DAR meeting The Edward Carey Walthall chapter of the DAR will hold its monthly meeting Sat., Nov. 14, at the Marshall County library. All ladies interested in American history are invited. New officers were elected in Sept.
• 48 Angels program The Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries will have their 48 Angels program at 2:30 p.m. The church is located next to Grady’s Meat Market, Red Banks. Pastor and wife are Bruce and Doris Williams.
• Singing Union Sun., Nov. 15, at 3 p.m., Chulahoma M.B. Church will host the West Holly Springs Singing Union. Everyone is invited to attend. Rev. Ronnie Franklin, host pastor.
• Thanksgiving meal Free communitywide Thanksgiving meal will be held at Slayden Baptist Church, 2534 Hwy. 72 at 6 p.m. Please call the church office with reservations by Thursday, November 12, 662-252-4559. Deliveries will be made to homebound people only. Everyone is invited.
• Benefit program by the Stars of Faith, for Sis. Betty Raimey, Sat., Nov. 21, 6 p.m. at Kimbrough Chapel MB Church in Lamar. The public is invited.
• Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having an appreciation service for Minister Raymond and Sister Jorena Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Napoleon Lesueur and Tabernacle of Prayer of Holly Springs; and Concord Mass Choir of Slayden. Everyone is invited.
• Thanksgiving turkey Marshall Academy 2010 Project Graduation committee is selling Thanksgiving deep-fried turkeys. You may purchase a 12-14 lb. turkey or a turkey breast. Place your order by November 13. You may place your order with Renee’ Colburn, 901-493-6216; Lisa Childers, 901-230-3576; Patti Baker, 662-544-0103; or any member of the senior class. Turkeys may be picked up November 24 at the Marshall Academy PTC Farmers’ Market from 4-8 p.m. in the cafeteria.
• Thanksgiving service Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Thanksgiving service, Nov. 25, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr.
• Anniversary Free Branch MB Church hosts Freemanaires Anniversary, 6 p.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Sunday night worship, Kimbrough Chapel Church, 7 p.m. Pastor J.W. Smith Jr.
• Day of worship Fellowship Baptist Church hosts a day of worship and praise with guest speaker John “Bull” Bramlet, formerly with the NFL, at 11 a.m. Afternoon singing will start at 1:30 p.m. featuring Brian Free and Assurance from Douglasville, GA. The church is located on Hwy. 309 North. Wade Crum is pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page