October 29, 2009
Calendar of Events
• Dog Halloween costume contest Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, Oct. 29, 7 p.m. Small entry fee. Reg. deadline Oct. 29, 6:30 p.m. All dogs must be reg. and on a leash. For more info. 252-4807.
• Pre-Anniversary service Christ Temple COGIC, 210 W. Park Ave., Holly Springs, Oct. 29, 7:30 p.m. and Fri., Oct. 30, 7:30 p.m.
• Octoberfest will be held at Watson Community Church, 5-8 p.m. There will be hot dogs, chili, games, prizes, and cake walk. Fun for all ages.
• Fall festival H.W. Byers PTA will have their annual Fall Carnival at the school. Food, games and prizes available. For more information call PTA president Elaine Billingsley.
• Fall festival Victoria Heights Baptist Church will have a fall festival, 5 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Chili, hot dogs, games, costume contest, hayride and more. Come join the fun. There will also be a Plaster The Pastor Pie Toss contest. Pastor is David Bickers.
• Haunted House The
Potts Camp Fire Dept. is hosting a haunted house, Fri., Oct. 30 and
Sat., Oct. 31 at the fire house. Small admission charge, 5 p.m. until.
• “A Community Affair” Harvest Festival Fun with the Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God will be held. The fun-filled night begins at 6 p.m. with inflatibles, games, hay rides, good eats and much, much more. Be here to be a part of this incredible night. Admission is one bag of candy per child.
• “Trunk a treat” Heritage Apostolic Church, Heritage Dr., Oct. 31, 7 p.m. until!
• “Haunted (Harmon)Town” Come visit a haunted town for Halloween, Sat., Oct. 31, 5-9 p.m. Small admission charge. Hot dogs, drinks, and a hayride (separate smaller charge), along with lots of fun! The first hayride of the evening will be “ghoul free.” Northwest Side Civic Club, in the Harmontown community, is located just off Hwy. 310 (at the Piney Point turn).
• Fall festival Hill Crest Baptist Church, 1580 Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia, is having a fall festival, 2-7 p.m. Come and enjoy music, food, fun and fellowship. Pastor is David Jordan.
• Fall Festival Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church located on Cayce Road will have a Fall Festival, 6 p.m. There will be games, prizes, food, and costume contest. Trick or treaters welcome.
• Harvest festival Barton First Baptist Church, 523 Quinn Rd., hosts a Western Harvest Festival, 4-8 p.m. Dress in your best Western attire. Come eat, watch a juggler perform, and play lots of games. A safe alternative to Halloween.
• Fall festival Chewalla Assembly of God will be having a fall festival fundraiser on October 31 beginning at 5 p.m. Chili supper, hot dog roast, games, hayride, candy, and prizes. All proceeds go towards purchasing insulation for the church. Chewalla Assembly of God is located at 1511 Higdon Rd. in Holly Springs. For more information please call (662) 551-0687.
• Women’s Conference St. Paul MB Church, Byhalia, Oct. 31. Sign-in, 9 a.m. Health screening and much more, food, fellowship, shopping. Refreshments will be served. Rev. Andrew Cheairs, pastor.
• Fall fest Oct. 31,
Valley Homes Apartments parking lot, 4 p.m. until. Great gospel music
and food. Sponsored by Holly Springs Housing Authority, Thomas &
Lottie’s Catering. Everything free. For more info. call Elder Craig
• Homecoming at Holly Hill Baptist Church, Old Hwy. 7, Holly Springs, Sun., Nov 1. Guest preacher is Bro. J.T. Baskin from Colt, Ark. Featured singers will be The Masters Quartet. Services start at 11 a.m. Lunch after the morning service. Special singing will start at 1:30 p.m. Bro. Frank Feathers invites all.
• Worship service Kimbrough Chapel Church will have first Sunday night worship service, Nov. 1, 7 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr.
• Anniversary service 40th Pastor and Wife’s Anniversary service for Supt. and Mrs. Albert Pass, Sun., Nov. 1, 3 p.m., Christ Temple COGIC. Guests will be Elder Jerry Taylor and Holy City COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• Harvest day program Pleasant Hill CME Church, Sun., Nov. 1, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Melvin Fitzpatrick and New Stintson Community Church will be guests. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Choir Day Jones Grove Church, Sun., Nov. 1, 3 p.m. The public is invited.
• Senior Citizens Day Nov. 4, Emory Independent Methodist Church will host their annual Senior Citizens Day. All senior citizens are invited to join in this time of community fellowship. The meal is set to begin at noon.
• Revival Jones Grove, Nov. 4-6, 7 p.m.
Rev. John Powell will lecture. Evangelist will be Rev. Kenneth Artison
from St. Paul MB Church in Byhalia. Everyone is invited.
• Dulcimers Club meeting at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs, second and fourth Thursdays, 2-4 p.m.
• Craft fair Arkabutla Baptist Church, Nov. 6-7 at the community center. Fresh produce, etc. For booth rentals, call 662-562-6076.
Dance Holly Springs Park and Rec Dept. will host a pre-Thanksgiving
dance for senior citizens, 55 and older, Fri., Nov. 6, 7 p.m. until.
Attire is semi-formal, free admission. Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose
Building. D.J. will be John Faulkner (J Faulk).
• Singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church located on Cayce Road will have a gospel singing with featured guests “Destiny Gospel Singers.” Time will be 7 p.m.
• Wrestling Byhalia Sports Association will host Bad Boys Wrestling on Sat., Nov. 7, 7 p.m. in the former Byhalia High School gym. Admission will be charged. Concessions will be available. Come out and support your local sports association and enjoy an evening’s entertainment including wrestling, concessions, door prizes, and raffles.
• Fall Sale Saturday from 8 a.m. until 12 noon at Holy Family School, West Street. Clothing and jeans for all ages, dishes, books, toys, children’s items, Christmas items, bedding and many other items. Sale will benefit Holy Family School. Come early for the best selection and support our school.
• Singing Mt. Teamer CME Church, 6 p.m. Many gospel singers, choirs, etc., on program. The public is invited.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, Sat., Nov. 7, with Saving Grace. Fellowship meal at 5:30 p.m., singing follows at 7 p.m.
Class meeting W.T. Sims Class of 1967 Club will meet Nov. 7, 4 p.m. at
Pizza Hut in Holly Springs. Important, please attend. Chairman, James
• Harvest Day will be held at Community Temple Church, 3 p.m Dinner will be served. Host pastor is Elder Frank Moore, 662-851-3388.
• Love day St. Mark Church will celebrate Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, for pastor Patrick Bailey and first lady Gloria Bailey, Sun., at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Kenneth Artison of Byhalia. Everyone is invited.
• ANNIVERSARY The Silver Stars’ 41st Anniversary will be held at Oak Palace in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. M.C. will be Sis. Pat Boga of WURC-88.1 FM Radio Station at Rust College. There will be lots of groups performing. Everyone is invited. A donation will be accepted.
• Anniversary Kimbrough Chapel Church, 1182 Kimbrough Chapel Road, Lamar, will celebrate the 10th anniversary with Joe Luellen and the Luellen Gospel Singers, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Ronnie Franklin and Chulahoma Church will be the guests.
• Harvest Day will be held at Free Branch MB Church, 9 a.m. with morning worship. Bishop Gipson will be the guest speaker. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites all.
• Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having an appreciation service for Minister Sammie and Sister Curtanya Smith at 3 p.m. Special guest speaker will be Elder Robert Kelly of Como and guest choir will be Bibleway Outreach Fellowship of Byhalia. Everyone is welcome.
• Love Day St. Mark Church will celebrate pastor Patrick Bailey and first lady Gloria Bailey’s annual Love Day, Sun., Nov. 8, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Kenneth Artison and St. Matthews of Byhalia.
• Harvest Day Mt.
Teamer CME Church, 2 p.m. with guest speaker Rev. Tony Wilkins and the
choir of St. Paul CME. The public is invited.
48 Angels program The Ark of Safety Outreach Minister will have their
48 Angels program at 2:30 p.m. The church is located next to Grady’s
Meat Market, Red Banks. Pastor is Bruce and Doris Williams.
Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having
an appreciation service for Minister Raymond and Sister Jorena
Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Napoleon Lesueur and
Tabernacle of Prayer of Holly Springs; and Concord Mass Choir of
Slayden. Everyone is invited.
• Thanksgiving service Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Thanksgiving service, Nov. 25, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr.
• Anniversary Free Branch MB Church hosts Freemanaires Anniversary, 6 p.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page