October 15, 2009
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL “Women After God’s Own Heart,” Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Pastor Bruce and first lady Doris Williams, founders. Oct. 14-16, 7 p.m. nightly. Located next to Grady’s Meat Market in Red Banks. For more info. call Rhonda Jones, 901-654-0267; Katrina Burns, 662-544-7212 or Syldra Jones, 662-544-3807.
• Missionettes Sleepover begins 7 p.m. Friday evening and is hosted by the Missionettes Department at Friendship Assembly of God. All girls are welcome. Call the church office at (662) 838-4000 for more information. Don’t miss this opportunity for a “Ticket to Stardom.”
• Spiritual Birthday Party starts at 10 a.m. and is hosted by the Women’s Ministries at Friendship Assembly of God. All ladies are welcome. If you are interested in attending you may call the church office at (662) 838-4000 to R.S.V.P. The church is located on Hwy. 78. Take Victoria Exit 18, turn right on Friendship Rd., continue half a mile to church entrance.
• Chuckwagon Day Everyone is invited to Heritage Apostolic Church’s first annual Chuck Wagon Day, Oct. 17, 4-7 p.m. at the church. Chili cook-off, dinner and singing with the Heritage Apostolic Church singers. Games for kids and adults, moon bounce, hayride, sweet shop, cake auction. Tickets and forms available by calling 901-282-5361 or pick-up at Thomas LP Gas, between 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 115 W. Van Dorn (across from Victor’s Pizza).
• Hunter Safety Class at the Marshall Co. Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 N, Holly Springs, 8 a.m. until. You must have your Social Security number and be at least 10 years of age. Register for class at 662-563-6330.
• Meeting W.T. Sims High class of ’67 will meet Oct. 17, 5 p.m. at Pizza Hut. Important, please attend. Chair, James Alford.
• Benefit program Jones Grove Church, for Sis. Flora Stinson and Nakia Stinson, Oct. 17, 6 p.m. The public is invited. Many groups on the program. For more info. call Pastor John Powell, 901-299-8032.
• Concert Clear Creek Baptist Church, with the Bluff City Quartet. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Health Informational Seminar: The ladies of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. – Zeta Upsilon Zeta Chapter will be hosting a health informational seminar from 12 noon until 2 p.m. in the BCS Building on the campus of Rust College. The speakers will be Karen Hill, representative of the March of Dimes and Melonie Counce, Community Representative of the American Cancer Society. All are welcome to attend this event. If additional information is needed please call 662-252-6925.
• Meeting The Marshall County Republican Club will meet October 17 at 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library, Holly Springs. Everyone is invited.
• White Oak Festival The 28th annual White Oak Festival, hosted by Byhalia Sports Association and the Byhalia Lions Club, will be held 10 a.m. until with crafts, displays, food, games, activities for kids and adults, raffles, live entertainment and many prizes. The festival will be held at the corner of Edwards Road and Lowry Drive in Byhalia. Admission is free; $2 parking.
• Fall Fund-raiser Wyatte-Chulahoma Fire Department hosts fall fund-raiser at 5 p.m. Fish fry and cake walk will be held. Ages 13 and up, $8 per plate; 4-12, $6; 3 and under free.
• Beauty review Hickory Flat School, Oct. 17, 6 p.m., in the auditorium. Admission per person, all ages. Sponsored by the junior class and is a fund-raiser for the junior-senior prom.
• Benefit gospel explosion For the Holly Springs Marshall County Ministerial Alliance to be held Sat., Oct. 17, 6:30 p.m. at Hopewell No. 1 MB Church, 365 Bonner St. Male choruses and groups will be featured. The public is encouraged to attend. Rev. Leroy James, host pastor. For more info. call 662-252-7784.
• Banquet True Vine MB Church, 525 West St, will host its pastor’s ninth anniversary “Love Banquet” on Sat., Oct. 17, 6:30 p.m. in the Ransom Williamsom fellowship hall. All are invited to come celebrate this great occasion with us. For info. call 662-252-4735. Host pastor is Darrell E. Cunningham.
• Rally Day, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Oct. 18, 9 a.m.
• SPECIAL “Speed The Light” Missions will be held at Friendship Assembly of God, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited to be here to see what’s happening. The church located on Hwy. 78. Take Victoria Exit 18, turn right on Friendship Rd., continue half a mile to church entrance.
• Annual Founder’s Day will be held at the Liberty Hill M.B. Church, south of Byhalia at 11 a.m. Special guests will be Pastor Joe Tunstall and the Free Branch M.B. Church. Pastor Jerry Selvy Sr. invites everyone.
• spay/neuter CLinic The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic is open Oct. 18-19, 218 College St., Byhalia. Call 662-252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• Pastor and Wife’s Love Day will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, at 2 p.m. Pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• Choir day McIntyre MB Church and Pastor Robert Garrison invite everyone to their annual choir day, Oct. 18, 2:30 p.m.
• Seven Seal Rally Reid’s Gift MB Church, Oct. 18, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Rev. Jerry Williams. Sponsors, Emma Sykes, Beulah Harris, Nellie Sharp.
• Revival Oct. 18-20, 7 p.m. First Methodist Church with Rev. Kelly Pope of Branson. Pastor, Milton Whatley, 601-405-5488.
• Love Day The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their Annual Love Day program for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be superintendent Albert Pass and the Christ Temple COGIC of Holly Springs.
• Seven seal program Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, Sun., Oct. 18, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Kenneth Rogers and Beverly Chapel Church will be special guests. Everyone is invited. Rev. Robert Odum, pastor.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• MEETING The Holly Springs High School Choir Parents Booster Club will meet at 6 p.m. in the choir room. All parents of choir students in grades 7-12 are asked to attend.
• Dulcimers Club meeting at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs, second and fourth Thursdays, 2-4 p.m.
• Youth Rally First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, is hosting a youth rally October 23, 7 p.m. featuring Jeremy Horn.
• REUNION Northwest Mississippi Community College will host a reunion for the Class of 1969 during Homecoming week at 5:30 p.m. in the Haraway Center on the Senatobia campus. The reunion will also include the Class of 1967, 1968 and 1970. An all-you-can-eat dinner will be available for $8.50, which does not have to be paid in advance. For more information, contact Dolores Wooten at 662-560-1105, or email@example.com.
• Fall Festival and flea market, October 24, 10 a.m. until, First Baptist Church, Potts Camp.
• FALL FESTIVAL-HAUNTED HOUSE Byhalia Elementary PTA is hosting a Fall Festival and Haunted House, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. There will be concessions, games, raffles, and finger printing for children. For booth rental call Nicholas Carson, 901-299-5609.
• Free Fall Festival at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, Saturday, October 24, 3-6 p.m. at 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch. Free snacks and candy, giant slide, bounce house, carnival games, pony rides and petting zoo, cake walk and so much more! Everyone is invited to attend this free event.
• Yard sale Barton United Methodist Church, 3229 Hwy. 309 N., is having a giant inside yard sale, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. All proceeds benefit the Outreach Program. There is something for everyone.
• Teen workshop North MS Community Research is sponsoring a workshop on teen pregnancy prevention, Sat., Oct. 24, 10 a.m. to 12 noon at the St. Joseph Catholic Church, 305 E. Van Dorn Ave.
• Halloween Carnival and wrestling will be held at Barton Fire Department. Starts at 3 p.m. with bounces, games and raffles. Wrestling from 5-7 p.m. with hayride to follow.
• Fall festival Friendship Baptist Church, Hernando Road, will hold a Christian Fall Festival, 3 p.m., for all ages. Games, bouncy, face painting, washers, horseshoes, and more. Hamburgers and hotdogs will be served. Bro. Justin Haynes and congregation invite everyone.
• Church anniversary Kimbrough Chapel Church will celebrate their 114th anniversary Oct. 25.
• Pastor’s anniversary Smith Grove MB Church, Sun., Oct. 25, 2 p.m. Pastor Odie Williams Jr. and Philadelphia MB Church of Rossville, Tenn. will be guests. W.C. Conner, host pastor.
• Men and women’s day Rising Star MB Church, Oct. 25, 11 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Robert McClain invites everyone.
• “Oh Horrors, It’s Murder” The Marshall Academy Patriot Performers will present a play, Sun., Oct. 25, 2 p.m. and Mon., Oct. 26, 7 p.m. For ticket info., please call 662-252-3449.
• Revival Waterford United Methodist Church will hold a revival October 25-28, 7 p.m. each evening. Rev. Doug Pepper from Panola Charge UM Churches will be the guest speaker.
• Revival Waterford United Methodist Church will hold a revival October 25-28, 7 p.m. each evening. Rev. Doug Pepper from Panola Charge UM Churches will be the guest speaker. Rev. Milton Watley, pastor.
• spay/neuter CLinic The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic will not be open!
• Octoberfest will be held at Watson Community Church, 5-8 p.m. There will be hot dogs, chili, games, prizes, and cake walk. Fun for all ages.
• “A Community Affair” Harvest Festival Fun with the Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God will be held. The fun filled night begins at 6 p.m. with inflatibles, games, hay rides, good eats and much much more. Be here to be a part of this incredible night. Admission one bag of candy per child.
• “Trunk a treat” Heritage Apostolic Church, Heritage Dr. Oct. 31, 7 p.m. until!
• “Haunted (Harmon)Town” Come visit a haunted town for Halloween, Sat., Oct. 31, 5-9 p.m. Small admission charge. Hot dogs, drinks, and a hayride (separate smaller charge), along wth lots of fun! The first hayride of the evening will be “ghoul free.” Northwest Side Civic Club, in the Harmontown community, is located just off Hwy. 310 (at the Piney Point turn).
• Fall festival Hill Crest Baptist Church, 1580 Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia, is having a fall festival, 2-7 p.m. Come and enjoy music, food, fun and fellowship. Pastor is David Jordan.
• Homecoming at Holly Hill Baptist Church, Old Hwy. 7, Holly Springs, Sun., Nov 1. Guest preacher is Bro. J.T. Baskin from Colt, Ark. Featured singers will be The Masters Quartet. Services start at 11 a.m. Lunch after the morning service. Special singing will start at 1:30 p.m. Bro. Frank Feathers invites all.
• Love day St. Mark Church will celebrate Pastor and Wife Love Day, for pastor Patrick Bailey and first lady Gloria Bailey, Sun., Nov. 1, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Kenneth Artison of Byhalia. Everyone is invited.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page