October 8, 2009
Calendar of Events
• Kick-off Party Relay for life will hold their kick-off party Fri., Oct. 9, 6 p.m., until, at Sam Coopwood Park. Rain date will be Oct. 16.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 S, will have a special singing with featured singers “The McEwens.” Fellowship at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Fall festival Gospel fall festival at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Oct. 10.
• Benefit Yard sale Episcopal Parish House, for Friends of the Marshall County Library. Sat., Oct. 10, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Little Dribblers Potts Camp Little Dribblers, Oct. 10, 10 a.m.-12 noon. Girls and boys welcome, $10 per Sat. Have fun, play games and learn the game of basketball. Come all three Saturdays and get a free T-shirt.
• Funfest ’09 Oct. 10, 12 noon-4 p.m. at Holy Family School, 395 N. West St. Food and fun for the entire family. For more info. call Clara Isom, 662-252-1612, or Sr. Ramona, 662-252-1612.
• SQUARE ROSARY PRAYER RALLY at the Marshall County Square. At 12 noon on Sat. Oct. 10, parishioners of St. Joseph Catholic Church will join with similar groups all across the Americas in the nationwide 2009 Public Square Rosary Crusade Prayer. The rally is sponsored by America Needs Fatima Organization to commemorate the 92nd anniversary of the 1917 Fatima apparition and the Miracle of the Dancing Sun.
• Prayer breakfast The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a prayer breakfast 9 a.m.-11 a.m. See any member for tickets. Pastor is Elder Curtis Prichard Sr.
• Crafts fair Brookside Baptist Church, 3993 Hwy. 302 East, Olive Branch, is having a crafts fair, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and a fall festival 3-6 p.m. Vendors are welcome. For more information call Chris Doyle, 901-861-6916. All proceeds benefit youth ministry.
• Family reunion Thompson family reunion, Wall Doxey State Park, Oct. 10, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Bring a dish, come and enjoy!
• Fall festival Temperance Hill Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will hold a Christian community fall festival from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Food, fun, auction, games and good gospel music. Bring your lawn chairs! Pastor Ken Cooper invites everyone.
• Fish fry Mt. Gilead CME Church will have a fish fry, rummage sale and car wash, Oct. 10, 7 a.m. at 4025 Hwy. 4 W. Call Willie Mae Peel, 662-564-2602, or Bud Scruggs, 662-564-2240.
• Children’s Ministries Day at Friendship Assembly of God starts at 10 a.m. The girls and boys have an opportunity to shine as they move to “Set the World on Fire” and reveal the truths of God’s Word. We look forward to you joining us in support of letting our kids have a voice. The church is located on Hwy. 78; take Victoria Exit 18, turn right on Friendship Rd., continue half a mile to church entrance.
• Homecoming and revival will be held at Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Pigeon Roost Road, featuring the Sammy Glass Family, beginning October 11 at 9:30 a.m. Homecoming luncheon will be held at noon in fellowship hall with revival continuing Sunday night at 6 p.m. and Mon., Tues., Wed., nights at 7 p.m. Pastor Oscar Geeslin welcomes all.
• Homecoming and harvest festival, Oct. 11, Carey Chapel Baptist Church, Red Banks. Speaker will be Bro. Matt Hess. Sunday school, 9:45 a.m., worship, 11 a.m. with dinner on the grounds at noon. Singing and games start at 1 p.m. Something for all ages; food, fun and fellowship. Come dressed in “church casual” for a day of outside fun.
• Hobby day program Hebron Chapel CME Church, Oct. 11, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Mike Malone from Memphis. Dinner will be served. Church is located at 2827 Hernando Rd., Holly Springs.
• Homecoming Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford. Special music with Mike Thompson and Jodie James, 9:30 a.m.; preaching at 10:30 with former pastor Larry Dukes. Dinner following morning service. No evening service.
• spay/neuter CLinic The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic is open, 218 College St., Byhalia. Call 662-252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• Revival Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, 2997 Old Hwy. 4 W., Holly Springs, Oct. 12–Oct. 14, 7 p.m. with different speakers each night. Everyone is invited.
• REVIVAL “Women After God’s Own Heart,” Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Pastor Bruce and first lady Doris Williams, founders. Oct. 14-16, 7 p.m. nightly. Located next to Grady’s Meat Market in Red Banks. For more info. call Rhonda Jones, 901-654-0267; Katrina Burns, 662-544-7212 or Syldra Jones, 662-544-3807.
• Missionettes Sleepover begins 7 p.m. Friday evening and is hosted by the Missionettes Department at Friendship Assembly of God. All girls are welcome. Call the church office at (662) 838-4000 for more information. Don’t miss this opportunity for a “Ticket to Stardom.”
• Spiritual Birthday Party starts at 10 a.m. and is hosted by the Women’s Ministries at Friendship Assembly of God. All ladies are welcome. If you are interested in attending you may call the church office at (662) 838-4000 to R.S.V.P. The church is located on Hwy. 78. Take Victoria Exit 18, turn right on Friendship Rd., continue half a mile to church entrance.
• Chuckwagon Day Everyone is invited to Heritage Apostolic Church’s first annual Chuckwagon Day, Oct. 17, 4-7 p.m. at the church. Chili cook-off, dinner and singing with the Heritage Apostolic Church singers. Games for kids and adults, moon bounce, hayride, sweet shop, cake auction. Tickets and forms available by calling 901-282-5361 or pick-up at Thomas LP Gas, between 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 115 W. Van Dorn (across from Victor’s Pizza).
• Hunter Safety Class at the Marshall Co. Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 N, Holly Springs, 8 a.m. until. You must have your Social Security number and be at least 10 years of age. Register for class at 662-563-6330.
• Meeting W.T. Sims High class of ’67 will meet Oct. 17, 5 p.m. at Pizza Hut. Important, please attend. Chair, James Alford.
• Benefit program Jones Grove Church, for Sis. Flora Stinson and Nakia Stinson, Oct. 17, 6 p.m. The public is invited. Many groups on the program. For more info. call Pastor John Powell, 901-299-8032.
• Concert Clear Creek Baptist Church, with the Bluff City Quartet. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Rally Day, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Oct. 18, 9 a.m.
• SPECIAL “Speed The Light” Missions will be held at Friendship Assembly of God, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited to be here to see what’s happening. The church located on Hwy. 78. Take Victoria Exit 18, turn right on Friendship Rd., continue half a mile to church entrance.
• Annual Founder’s Day will be held at the Liberty Hill M.B. Church, south of Byhalia at 11 a.m. Special guests will be Pastor Joe Tunstall and the Free Branch M.B. Church. Pastor Jerry Selvy Sr. invites everyone.
• spay/neuter CLinic The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic is open Oct. 18-19, 218 College St., Byhalia. Call 662-252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• Pastor and Wife’s Love Day will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, at 2 p.m. Pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• Benefit Gospel Explosion on behalf of the Holly Springs Marshall County Ministerial Alliance to be held Sat., Oct. 17, at 6:30 p.m., at Hopewell #1 MB Church, 365 Bonner Street, Holly Springs. Male choruses and groups will be featured. The public is encouraged to attend this event. Rev. Leroy James, host pastor. For more info. call 662-252-7784.
• Banquet True Vine MB Church, 525 West St, will host its pastor’s ninth anniversary “Love Banquet” on Sat., Oct. 17, 6:30 p.m. in the Ransom Williamsom fellowship hall. All are invited to come celebrate this great occasion with us. For info. call 662-252-4735. Host pastor is Darrell E. Cunningham.
• Choir day McIntyre MB Church and Pastor Robert Garrison invite everyone to their annual choir day, Oct. 18, 2:30 p.m.
• Seven Seal Rally Reid’s Gift MB Church, Oct. 18, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Rev. Jerry Williams. Sponsors, Emma Sykes, Beulah Harris, Nellie Sharp.
• Revival Oct. 18-20, 7 p.m. First Methodist Church with Rev. Kelly Pope of Brandson. Pastor, Milton Whatley, 601-405-5488.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• Youth Rally First Baptist Church, Potts Camp is hosting a youth rally October 23, 7 p.m. featuring Jeremy Horn.
• REUNION Northwest Mississippi Community College will host a reunion for the Class of 1969 during Homecoming week at 5:30 p.m. in the Haraway Center on the Senatobia campus. The reunion will also include the Class of 1967, 1968 and 1970. An all-you-can-eat dinner will be available for $8.50, which does not have to be paid in advance. For more information, contact Dolores Wooten at 662-560-1105, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fall Festival and flea market, October 24, 10 a.m. until, First Baptist Church, Potts Camp.
• FALL FESTIVAL-HAUNTED HOUSE Byhalia Elementary PTA is hosting a Fall Festival and Haunted House, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. There will be concessions, games, raffles, and finger printing for children. For booth rental call Nicholas Carson, 901-299-5609.
Free Fall Festival at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, Saturday, October 24th, 3:00-6:00 p.m. at 6400 Blocker St in Olive Branch. Free snacks and candy, giant slide, bounce house, carnival games, pony rides and petting zoo, cake walk and so much more! Everyone is invited to attend this free event.
• Church anniversary Kimbrough Chapel Church will celebrate their 114th anniversary Oct. 25.
• Pastor’s anniversary Smith Grove MB Church, Sun., Oct. 25, 2 p.m. Pastor Odie Williams Jr. and Philadelphia MB Church of Rossville, Tenn. will be guests. W.C. Conner, host pastor.
• Octoberfest will be held at Watson Community Church, 5-8 p.m. There will be hot dogs, chili, games, prizes, and cake walk. Fun for all ages.
• “A Community Affair” Harvest Festival Fun with the Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God will be held. The fun filled night begins at 6 p.m. with inflatables, games, hay rides, good eats and much much more. Be here to be a part of this incredible night. Admission one bag of candy per child.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page