September 24, 2009
Calendar of Events
• Revival Bibleway Outreach, Hwy. 178 in Byhalia, will be having a three-night revival beginning Wednesday, Sept. 23 through Friday, Sept. 25, 7:30 nightly. Guest speaker will be Bishop Farrow of Greensboro, NC. Come and be blessed. The pastor is Bishop Renzil Barringer.
• See You At The Pole. Gather at the flag pole of Friendship Christian Academy. Parents invited. James Overton, chapel director, 8:30 a.m.
• Revival Sept. 23-25, 7 p.m. at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Rd. Host pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. Everyone interested in becoming a member is invited to attend.
• Friday night Fight One-night revival at Kimbrough Chapel Church, with guest speaker Minister Marvin Lucas from Bell Grove Church, Hwy. 7, 662-252-4629.
• Fall Revival Fri. and Sat., Sept. 25-26 at Chewalla Assembly of God Church at 1511 Higdon Rd., Holly Springs. Special services will be conducted by Rev. Michael May and the Father’s House Worship Team of Olive Branch. Fri. services at 6:30 p.m. and Sat. services at 6 p.m.
• Class reunion Byhalia High School Reunion Class of ’58, ’59, and ’60 will be held at the home of Jarvis Farley Tipton, 106 Clark Street, Byhalia, 10:30 a.m. until. Barbecue and fixin’s 12:30 p.m. til. $10 donation per adult for food. Please call 662-895-3760 for more info. or mail to 106 Clark, Byhalia, MS 38611 and include how many adults and children will be attending along with payment.
• FIFth Annual White Oak Pageant will be held for boys ages 0-4 and girls ages 0-21. Applications available at local schools or the Byhalia Chamber of Commerce. Deadline for entering is September 19, 6 p.m.
• Singing Rice Chapel UMC will have a benefit singing and spaghetti dinner to raise funds for replacement of roof. Singing will begin at 3:30. Dinner will be served 5:30 to 7 p.m. for $8 per plate. The Kennedy Family will begin at 7 p.m. and close the benefit. All are welcome. Contact Brenda Prince if you would like to participate, 901-827-0370.
• BAKE SALE hosted by Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God at Holly Springs Wal-Mart, 9 a.m. Be sure to come out and help support the children of the community.
• Worship night Pleasant Grove MB Church will have “Night of Worship” honoring the pastor and his wife on their 44th anniversary, 6 p.m. The church is located at 228 S.A. Phillips Dr., Red Banks.
• Women’s Conference “Women Sharpeneth Women” Conference, True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., Saturday, Sept 26, 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Lunch will be served. Conference is free and will feature several speakers from local community. Overseer Tracey Crawley of Bartlett, Tenn., special guest. Please plan to attend. Host pastor, Darrell E. Cunningham.
• Fall festival Jones Grove MB Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs, Sat., Sept. 26, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Many guest groups; speaker will be Rev. Brenda McGaskill. Games, food, fun. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Pastor John Powell, 901-299-8032.
• Little Dribblers Potts Camp Little Dribblers, Sept. 26, Oct. 3 and 10, 10 a.m.-12 noon. Girls and boys welcome, $10 per Sat. Have fun, play games and learn the game of basketball. Come all three Saturdays and get a free T-shirt.
• Mushroom Lecture and hike will be held at Strawberry Plains Audubon Center, 285 Plains Road, Holly Springs, 1:30 p.m. For more info. visit website at www.strawberryplains.audubon.org or call 662-252-1155.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, Sat., Sept. 26, 7 p.m., featuring local singers and congregational singing for everyone. Everyone is invited.
• Hispanic Bilingual Services Hosted by Friendship Assembly of God with Pastor Virgil Scherff ministering in the 10 a.m. morning service with interpreter Idaly Ortego. Powerful bilingual worship and praise by the Sanctuary Choir. Friendship Assembly is on the cutting edge of developing a dynamic Hispanic ministry that is spreading communitywide. We welcome you to each and every service.
• Promotion day Kimbrough Chapel Church, Sun., Sept. 27, 9 a.m.
• Back to church Sunday CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker Street, Olive Branch invites you to re-think church and be our guest on Back to Church Sunday, Sept. 27 at 10:30 a.m. You are invited to join us for a picnic fellowship after, with jumbo bounces for the kids and fun for all. Douglas Bell, pastor.
• Fall revival Mt. Pleasant UMC will have their fall revival, Sept. 27-30. Rev. Chris Cooksey will bring the message. Sunday night services begin at 5:30 and Monday and Tuesday services at 7 p.m. Wednesday night potluck at 6:30 p.m. with services afterwards.
• Revival First Baptist Church, Mt. Pleasant, Hwy. 311, First Baptist Church. Dr. Chuck Herring evangelist, Jerry Sowards, music director, Pat Harrison, guest pianist. Everyone welcome, nursery open. Sun., 6 p.m., Mon.-Wed., 7 p.m.
• Homecoming Macedonia Baptist Church will have its homecoming services beginning at 11 a.m. Special music will be given by “Cedar Creek.” Dinner on the grounds will be held. The church is located at 14910 Cathy Road in Byhalia. For more info. call John C. Jackson, 252-7518.
• Time change Chewalla Baptist Church has changed the time of their Sunday night service. New time is 5 p.m., beginning Sept. 20.
• Anniversary First anniversary celebration for the Hopkins Singers Family Choir, Sept. 26, 6 p.m. at Antioch MB Church in Victoria. Host pastor, Rev. Roger Daniel.
• Revival Bett Baptist Church, 2665 Bett Rd., Coldwater, just across the Marshall/Tate line, Sept. 27-30, with Evangelist Wayne Hudson. For more info. call 662-292-2964.
• Family and friends’ day Sept. 27, 2 p.m. at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Rd. Host pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• Missionary day Sun., Sept. 27, at Christ Temple COGIC, 210 West Park Ave., Holly Springs. Guest speaker will be evangelist Mary Dickerson of Water Valley.
• spay/neuter CLinic The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic is open, 218 College St., Byhalia. Call 662-252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• Baseball skills workshop, Holly Springs Parks and Rec. Department, ages 6-12, Sept. 28 and Oct. 1 at Sam Coopwood Park, 6 p.m. For more info. call 662-252-4807.
• JWSS Women’s Conference, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Oct. 2, 6:30 p.m.; Oct. 3, 9:30 a.m.
• Fall festival St. Mark MB Church, Sat., Oct. 3, 11 a.m. Food, fun and spirit-filled music. Please come and support this event. See Sis. Paula Byers, 662-551-1060 for more info. or call the church, 662-252-5656. Pastor, Rev. Patrick Bailey.
• Homecoming will be held at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 3993 Cayce Rd. Featured singers will be the Williams Family with dinner at 12 noon. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• Little Dribblers Potts Camp Little Dribblers, Oct. 3 and 10, 10 a.m.-12 noon. Girls and boys welcome, $10 per Sat. Have fun, play games and learn the game of basketball. Come all three Saturdays and get a free T-shirt.
• Forestry field day, 13th annual, Sat., Oct. 3, reg. at 7:30 a.m. Tours will begin promptly at 8 a.m. Theme is “Modern Opportunities for the tree farmer.” North MS Branch Experiment Station. Keynote speaker, Dr. James Shepherd, director of Forestry and Wildlife Research Center at MSU. Reg. deadline, Sept. 29. For more info. call 662-252-3541.
• Homecoming Piperton United Methodist Church, 785 Highway 57 East, Collierville, Tenn., is having their homecoming for the first time in a very long time. Regular morning worship service begin at 11 a.m., Bro. Roger Joseph officiating, and following morning service, our homecoming meal. Meal served will be barbecue, spaghetti, beans, slaw, salad and dessert. “The Almost Famous Crains” will entertain beginning at 1:30, and also local talent from our church.
• Pastor’s anniversary The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary program for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Supvain Pritchard and the Garden of Grace COGIC of Memphis.
• First Lady’s Day Sun., Oct. 4, 3 p.m. honoring Johnnye H. Pass, first lady of Christ Temple COGIC, 210 West Park Ave., Holly Springs. Guests will be State Supervisor Geraldine Miller of Memphis, Tenn., New Freedom Ministries of Oxford and Latter Rain Christian Fellowship of Holly Springs. The public is cordially invited.
• Usher Day, Free Branch MB Church, Sun., Oct. 4, 2 p.m. Pastor Brooks and church family will be guests. Pastor, J.L. Tunstall.
• Anniversary 35th anniversary of the West Holly Singing Union, Sun., Oct. 4, 3 p.m. at Smith Grove MB Church on Smith Grove Rd. Host pastor, Rev. W.C. Connors. All are welcome. President, Rev. Van Rayford; secretary, Sis. Helen Newson.
• Book signing Jennie’s Flowers and Gifts, Oct. 6, 5-7 p.m. Meet the authors of “Fearless Entertaining Flowers.” Call 662-252-4831 for more info.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 S, will have a special singing with featured singers “The McEwens.” Fellowship at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Fall festival Gospel fall festival at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Oct. 10.
• Benefit Yard sale Episcopal Parish House, for Friends of the Marshall County Library. Sat., Oct. 10, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Little Dribblers Potts Camp Little Dribblers, Oct. 10, 10 a.m.-12 noon. Girls and boys welcome, $10 per Sat. Have fun, play games and learn the game of basketball. Come all three Saturdays and get a free T-shirt.
• Funfest ’09 Oct. 10, 12 noon-4 p.m. at Holy Family School, 395 N. West St. Food and fun for the entire family. For more info. call Clara Isom, 662-252-1612, or Sr. Ramona, 662-252-1612.
• SQUARE ROSARY PRAYER RALLY at the Marshall County Square. At 12 noon on Sat. Oct. 10, parishioners of St. Joseph Catholic Church will join with similar groups all across the Americas in the nationwide 2009 Public Square Rosary Crusade Prayer the rally is sponsored by America Needs Fatima Organization to commemorate the 92nd anniversary of the 1917 Fatima apparition and the Miracle of the Dancing Sun.
• Prayer breakfast The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a prayer breakfast 9 a.m.-11 a.m. See any member for tickets. Pastor is Elder Curtis Prichard Sr.
• Crafts fair Brookside Baptist Church, 3993 Hwy. 302 East, Olive Branch, is having a crafts fair, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and a fall festival 3-6 p.m. Vendors are welcome. For more information call Chris Doyle, 901-861-6916. All proceeds benefit youth ministry.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page