Calendar of Events
• Revival New Faith Outreach Ministries, June 10-11, 7 p.m. with host pastor Tracy Jeffries and evangelist Rev. Kendric James Campbell. 1296 S. Red Banks Rd.
• Workshop The Marshall County Extension Service will be conducting a babysitting workshop on June 11 from 1–4 p.m. Participants will learn how to care for young children, first aid for infants and children, and how to market their babysitting business. The workshop will be held at the Marshall County Extension Office located at 810 Hwy. 178 East in Holly Springs. There will be a $5 fee for supplies. The workshop will be limited to 20 participants. To register for the workshop, please call 662-252-3541.
• CONFERENCE Mighty God Ministries under the leadership of Pastor Marvin Brooks is hosting a Holy Spirit Conference, June 11-12, 7 p.m. Pastor Calvin Mason and the Temple of Christ from Memphis, Tenn., are guest speakers. The church is located at 219 Valleyview, Victoria.
• Pastoral program Community Temple, 7 p.m., with guest church and speaker, The Ark of Safety and Pastor Bruce Williams. Host pastor, Elder Frank Moore, 662-851-3388.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, with The Gatewood Family. This month only, the singing will be at 2 p.m.
• ATTENTION Byhalia High School class of 1989. We will be having a meeting to discuss our 20th year class reunion which will be held on June 13 at 5 p.m. At O’Charlie’s Restaurant in Olive Branch, All classmates are encouraged to attend if possible. For more info. please call Deatrice Rayford Beard, 901-848-1274; or e-mail email@example.com; Helen Rayford, 901-239-3614; David McClarty, 901-428-2676, 662-890-7363; Angela Bennem Jeffries, 901-871-9775; Eric Tunstall, 901-828-0108 or Barbara Mays, 901-870-1090.
• Senior citizen day-out Power Gospel Productions along with State Rep. Kelvin Buck and Everitt Jones Ministries, presents the 2nd annual Senior Citizen Day Out, Sat., June 13, noon until 8 p.m. at the Thomas Arena, Hwy. 7 South behind Day’s Inn. Great food, great fun, great fellowship, great entertainment for all senior citizens. For info. call 901-383-0229, 901-268-8111.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 6:30 p.m.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church’s monthly singing and fellowship with “The Gatewood Family” as featured singers, 2 p.m.
• Youth project Join the Victoria community for a worthwhile project for youth. “The Quake” at Friendship Assembly of God is building a place for youth to hang out. Workday begins at 7:30 a.m.
• VBS Watson Community Church in Byhalia, pre-registration for those who would like to attend. Teachers will be at the church between 10 a.m. and noon to register those who are in K-6th grade by the end of May. If you would like to attend and miss registration please feel free to come June 22-26, at 6-8 p.m. nightly.
• SHOWCASE Holly Springs First Annual Hip-Hop Detox Showcase will be held at 4 p.m. until, behind the Multi-Purpose Building in Holly Springs. Free refreshments. No vendors. For more info. call P.O.C. Young Floe 662-544-9219.
• Youth day Hopewell #1 MB Church will celebrate Youth and Children’s Day Sunday, June 14 at 3 p.m. Myles Stone, a member of Asbury United Methodist Church Children’s Department will be the guest speaker.
• Pre-anniversary program Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary program for Elder Curtis and Richenda Pritchard, Sun., June 14, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Gurnette Joyner and Spirit of Life of Victoria. Everyone is invited. Pastor, elder Curtis Pritchard.
• USHER’S DAY PROGRAM will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 2:30 p.m. Rev. O. Williams will be guest speaker.
• Missionary program Anderson Chapel CME Church, Sun., June 14, 3 p.m. Rev. Linnie Juanita Booker will be guest speaker. Everyone is invited. For more info. call 662-252-1938.
• Homecoming Annual homecoming program will be held at Adolphus Chapel Church, 2 p.m. with Dr. Rev. Kenneth Jones as guest speaker. Rev. Billy Williams is pastor.
• Women’s day Community Temple, during morning worship service. Come join us. Host pastor, Elder Frank Moore. 901-497-6784, 662-851-0973.
• Missionary Day The Anderson Chapel Annual Missionary Day program-Sunday June 14, 3 p.m. The church is located at 730 Martin Luther King Dr.; 662-252-1938.
• REVIVAL Temperance Hill Baptist Church will have a revival June 14-17, 7 p.m. each night. Evangelist will be Kara Blackard. Bro. Ken Cooper and congregation invite all.
• Tent revival Sponsored by Mt. Sinai COGIC Outreach Ministry, Mt. Pleasant. Guest speaker for the week of June 15-19 will be evangelist Kenneth Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nev., 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker for the week of June 24-26 will be evangelist Bessie Matthis of Cordova, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• VBS Hop On Board The Boomerang Express Vacation Bible School at Barton First Baptist Church, 523 Quinn Road, June 15-19, 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
• VBS will be held at St. Matthew M.B. Church of Byhalia, June 15-19, 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m. nightly. The theme is “Jesus, The Master Builder.” Classroom lessons, arts and crafts and refreshments.
• Renovations are complete! The Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce, Bureau of Tourism and Recreation and Main Street Assoc., cordially invite you to attend their open house at the Chamber office, 148 E. College Ave., June 16, 5-7:30 p.m.
• CHILD ID PROGRAM Benton County Sheriff’s Department presents the Child I.D. Program at Webster’s Supermarket in Ashland, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. This is a free service provided by Benton County Sheriff’s Department and the merchants throughout the area.
• FATHER’S DAY program will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 11 a.m.
• Fund-raiser Isaac Chapel Church, 7080 Hernando Road, Byhalia, will have a car wash and rummage sale beginning at 8 a.m. Car wash is $5; rummage sale, everything will be priced from $1-$3.
• Youth activities Friendship Assembly of God “Aftershock” youth will host a Run-a-Lap Jog-a-thon on the church campus, 8 a.m. All proceeds benefit Mississippi Speed The Light Missions. Call the church office, 838-4000 for more information.
• Field Day Children’s “Super” Church hosts Community Field Day, 8 a.m. until. Entrance fee $5. Race, water games, Wacky Soap Sudz bubble pool, kick ball tournament, much more. Crystal Arno, children’s sponsor. Call 838-4000 for more info.
• Catfish dinner and all the fixings hosted by the Men’s Honor Bound Ministries of Friendship Assembly of God will be held in Victoria community. For pricing and more info. call 838-4000. Andy Fewell, Men’s Ministry pastor.
• SUMMER ENTERTAINMENT Andy Anderson will perform at Wall Doxey, 7 p.m.-9:30 p.m. He plays classic country, classic rock-n-roll and will take requests. For more info. call Wall Doxey State Park, 662-252-4231.
• REUNION The W.T. Sims High Class of 1967 Club will meet at the Pizza Hut, Hwy. 7 S, Holly Springs, 5 p.m. Important, please attend. Chairman is James Alford.
• Father’s Day program Providence MB Church, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Joe Lee Waldrop and Pine Bluff MB Church. Dinner will be served immediately after. Sponsored by the Providence Church family. Pastor Alonzo Johnson and first lady Patricia Johnson.
• Revival will be held at Friendship Assembly of God with Chris Klock of Texas as guest. Services will be 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday; Monday-Wednesday at 7 p.m. Music provided by Melanie Lott and Friendship’s sanctuary choir.
• Vacation Bible School will be held at Isaac Chapel Church, 7080 Hernando Road, Byhalia, June 22-26, 6 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. All children, youth, young adults and adults are invited.
• Family conference Strawberry M.B. Church second family conference, “Strengthening Families to Break Generational Curses,” June 24 - June 28, 6 p.m., nightly. The public is invited. Rev. Willie F. Jeffries, pastor. For more info. call (662) 252-5274 or (662) 252-5997.
• VBS Spring Hill Baptist Church in Waterford, Vacation Bible School will be Friday, June 26 from 5:45 - 8:45 p.m; Saturday, June 27 from 9:15a.m. - 2:45 p.m.; and Sunday June 28 from 6-7 p.m. with a barbecue and fun afterwards. Everyone is invited! For more information contact the VBS director, Tanya Snow at 662-252-3685.
• Church yard sale Community Temple, 1331 Mt. Zion Rd., 7 a.m. June 27. Plenty to see, see you there. Refreshments available. Host pastor, Elder Frank Moore. Sponsored by the youth department. 901-497-6784, 662-851-3388.
• SINGING The Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, 4174 Hwy. 178, Red Banks, hosts “Songs of Worship”, 6 p.m. Founder and pastor, Bruce and Doris Williams. Choirs and male chorus will be participating. For more info., call 662-551-1500 or 662-551-6080.
• Truth Trek VBS Come enjoy a one day Bible School at Chewalla Baptist Church, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. For more info. call 224-8246
• Choir day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have choir day at 3 p.m. Guests will be Community Temple COGIC and others. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• HOMECOMING will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, Lamar, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Etoy Bogard, Sand Hill and New Faith Church. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. is pastor.
• FOUNDER’S DAY Isaac Chapel Church, 7080 Hernando Road, Byhalia, will host its Annual Founder’s Day, 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor and Mrs. Terry D. Smith, and the Mt. Vernon Church of Rossville, Tenn. Everyone is invited to this 123rd church anniversary.
• FRIEND’S NIGHT The Dynamic Angels will host Friend’s Night, 6 p.m. at Rising Star MB Church. Robert McClain is host pastor. Special guests will be Gospel Station 1 and The Gospel Tones.
• Annual Homecoming Celebration will be held at Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Road, 11 a.m. Special guests will be Rev. Bobby Young and Bible Temple Baptist Church from Kansas City, KS. Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson is pastor.
• MONTHLY SINGING Marianna Baptist Church hosts monthly singing with “The Joylanders” as featured guests. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m.
• MONTHLY SINGING Marianna Baptist Church hosts monthly singing with “Pickin up the Pieces” as featured group. Fellowship at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page