Calendar of Events
• SPRING REVIVAL will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, Lamar, May 27-29, with guest speaker Rev. Antonion Maddocks from Memphis, Tenn.; and May 31, HSMC worship-laymen, at 2 p.m.
• Revival, Loving Ministry, 6573 Hwy. 178 W, Byhalia, May 27-29, 7 p.m. Come worship and praise with us. Pastor is Larry Snow.
• Revival May 27-29, New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Rd. with evangelist Pastor Ladaryl L. Odum. Host pastor, Tracy Jeffries.
• Praise service A night of praise/word of the Lord will be held Thurs., May 29, 7 p.m. at Serenity Chapel in Holly Springs. Speaker will be Elder Craig Williamson of New Dimension Church.
• MUSIC FESTIVAL Camp Creek Gospel and Bluegrass Music Festival will be held May 29, 30, 31 at Lewisburg High School, 1755 Craft Road. Friday night 6-9:30 p.m.; all day Saturday; worship service Sunday beginning at 11 a.m.
• RELAY FOR LIFE Hopewell #1 M.B. Church Relay For Life Team is presenting its Cancer Survivors’ and Patients’ Fashion Show Extravaganza at 7 p.m., at the Eddie L. Smith Jr. Multi-Purpose Building, on Memphis Street, in Holly Springs. Entertainment, door prizes, refreshments and a celebration will be held. Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. For additional information and tickets, contact Pennie DeBerry, chairperson, at 662-252-3728. Donation for this event is only $5 per person.
• Killer Kudzu Join in Fri., May 29, 7 p.m., east side of the square, the Killer Kudzu summer send-off 2009 race. All runners and walkers are welcome -- 5K run and one-mile walk. For more info. call American Pacific, 662-252-1862.
• Fish fry May 29, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., Holly Springs. For deliveries call 274-0133.
• Barbecue Slayden -- Mt. Pleasant -- Early Grove Fire Department will have a barbecue at the fire station, 194 Mt. Pleasant Road, 5-8 p.m. The meal will consist of sandwich, baked beans, fries, slaw, tea and dessert.
• Flea market/yard sale Northwest Side Civic Club, 100 CR 59, Harmontown, May 30, 6 a.m. until. Will be held rain or shine!
• Church yard sale Chewalla Baptist Church, at the home of Bro. Jimmy and Linda Curle in Ripley, 113 Hazel Rd., May 30, 7 a.m. No early birds! All proceeds to the church. For info. call 662-837-1347, 662-224-8246.
• Preach-a-thon Anointed Hearts Ministries present the first annual community healing preach-a-thon, featuring 15 preachers, all day long, Sat., May 30, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Also gospel music. 8017 Hwy. 178 E., Byhalia, next door to H&R Block. For more info. call pastor Melvin Norman, 901-634-7877 or minister Robert Sharp, 901-494-0398.
• APPRECIATION SERVICE Hebron M.B. Church will sponsor its Assistant Pastor’s Appreciation Service at 2 p.m. Pastor Melvin Bufford and Mt. Salem M.B. Church of Hickory Valley, TN, and St. Paul will be the special guests. The public is invited. Rev. Adam Gholson, pastor and Rev. Algee Terry, assistant pastor and honoree invite all.
• FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM will be held at Rising Star, 2519 Higdon Road, at 10 a.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone. Guest pastor is Melvin Fitzpatrick and The New Stinson Church family of Rossville, Tenn.
• Annual Women’s Day Program will be held at St. Paul C.M.E. Church on Sunday, May 31, at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Robert McClain of Rising Star M.B. Church. The public is invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor, sponsored by the Women’s Missionary Society. Sis. Florean White, president.
• VBS Asbury United Methodist Church will hold Vacation Bible School, June 1-5, 6 - 7:30 p.m., nightly. The theme for this year’s VBS is, “On the Move: God’s Grace from Place to Place.” VBS camp is open for all ages. For additional information, you may call the church at 252-1766.
• Singing, Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, Byhalia, 6:30 p.m., with The House Family from Southaven as featured group. Wade Crum is pastor. The public is invited. For directions or information call Wade, 662-82507166 or Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773.
• Family Fun Day activities will be held at St. Paul CME Church on Saturday, June 6, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Come join us for food, fun, games and health checks. All proceeds will go toward our Relay for Life goal. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor, Sis. Brenda Falkner, RFL team captain.
• School reunion Sat., June 6 will be the occasion of the 20th annual Potts Camp School Reunion held in the school cafeteria starting at 10 a.m. To make reservations for the noon meal, contact Annie Ruth Stone at 662-333-6350, Joan Gurley at 662-333-9231, or Mary Minor at 662-333-7054. Please make plans to attend this special event.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, June 6, 7 p.m. with the Bluff City Quartet in concert. Meal at 5:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. For info. call 662-224-8246.
• Annual Homecoming services will be held at St. Mark M.B. Church, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Joe Tunstall and Free Branch M.B. Church. Rev. Patrick Bailey is pastor.
• Church anniversary True Vine Baptist Church will celebrate their ninth church anniversary, June 7, 2:30 p.m. Pastor John Harris and Old Nonconnah Church will be guests. Pastor, Darrell E. Cunningham.
• Homecoming Marianna Baptist Church, with featured singers The Williams Family. Services and fellowship, 11 a.m, singing begins at 1 p.m.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, with The Gatewood Family. This month only, the singing will be at 2 p.m.
• ATTENTION Byhalia High School class of 1989. We will be having a meeting to discuss our 20th year class reunion which will be held on June 13 at 5 p.m. At O’Charlie’s Restaurant in Olive Branch, All classmates are encouraged to attend if possible. For more info. please call Deatrice Rayford Beard, 901-848-1274; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; Helen Rayford, 901-239-3614; David McClarty, 901-428-2676,662-890-7363; Angela Bennem Jeffries, 901-871-9775; Eric Tunstall, 901-828-0108 or Barbara Mays, 901-870-1090.
• Senior citizen day-out Power Gospel Productions along with State Rep. Kelvin Buck and Everitt Jones Ministries, presents the 2nd annual Senior Citizen Day Out, Sat., June 13, noon until 8 p.m. at the Thomas Arena, Hwy. 7 South behind Day’s Inn. Great food, great fun, great fellowship, great entertainment for all senior citizens. For info. call 901-383-0229, 901-268-8111.
• Youth day Hopewell #1 MB Church will celebrate Youth and Children’s Day Sunday, June 14 at 3 p.m. Myles Stone, a member of Asbury United Methodist Church Children’s Department will be the guest speaker.
• Pre-anniversary program Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary program for Elder Curtis and Richenda Pritchard, Sun., June 14, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Gurnette Joyner and Spirit of Life of Victoria. Everyone is invited. Pastor, elder Curtis Pritchard.
• Tent revival Sponsored by Mt. Sinai COGIC Outreach Ministry, Mt. Pleasant. Guest speaker for the week of June 15-19 will be evangelist Kenneth Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nev., 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker for the week of June 24-26 will be evangelist Bessie Matthis of Cordova, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• Father’s Day program Providence MB Church, Sun., June 21, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Joe Lee Waldrop and Pine Bluff MB Church. Dinner will be served immediately after. Sponsored by the Providence Church family. Pastor Alonzo Johnson and first lady Patricia Johnson.
• Choir day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have choir day on Sun., June 28, 3 p.m. Guests will be Community Temple COGIC and others. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page