Calendar of Events
• Benefit fish fry for Sandy Byrd, Sat., May 23, 5-7 p.m., at First Baptist Church in Potts Camp. Sheriff Kenny Dickerson will be cooking. Sponsored by the Sheriff Department.
• Singing Rice Chapel Methodist Church will have a singing with the Mink Family as guests. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Pastor Rev. Walter Myers invites everyone.
• Prayer breakfast Pastor’s Aide Committee will host a prayer breakfast at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 8 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Earnest Jordan of Jordan Temple Deliverance Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone is invited. For more information, call a church member.
• Singing The Stronghold Singers of Pontotoc will be guests at the Evangel Full Gospel Assembly’s Saturday night singing, 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• ANNUAL MEN AND WOMEN’s Day Program will be held at Shady Grove CME Church, Hwy. 309 S at Marianna, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Willie Ward and Isaac Chapel CME Church. Everyone is cordially invited. C. Booker is pastor.
• HOMECOMING SERVICE will be held at Yarbrough Chapel CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Rev. George Taylor, pastor, of New Prospect M.B. Church, Nettleton, will deliver the sermon. He will be accompanied by his church and choir. Rev. Jerry Christian Jr. is pastor.
• CHURCH ANNIVERSARY The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual church anniversary at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Granville Scruggs and the Fireside COGIC of Rossville. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING program will be held at Rising Star, 2519 Higdon Road, at 10:45 a.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone. Guest speaker will be Minister Robert Clayborn, Brown Baptist Church, Southaven.
• Homecoming Services will he held at 11 a.m. at the Antioch MB Church in Victoria. Guests will be the Hopkins Singers. Everyone is invited to come. Roger Daniel is host pastor.
• spay/neuter CLinic The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic is open, 218 College St., Byhalia. Call 662-252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• 4-H Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H CLub will meet at the Marshall County Library, May 26, 6 p.m. For info. on joining the club, please call Mary Hicks, 252-5920.
• SPRING REVIVAL will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, Lamar, May 27-29, with guest speaker Rev. Antonion Maddocks from Memphis, Tenn.; and May 31, HSMC worship-laymen, at 2 p.m.
• Revival, Loving Ministry, 6573 Hwy. 178 W, Byhalia, May 27-29, 7 p.m. Come worship and praise with us. Pastor is Larry Snow.
• MUSIC FESTIVAL Camp Creek Gospel and Bluegrass Music Festival will be held May 29, 30, 31 at Lewisburg High School, 1755 Craft Road. Friday night 6-9:30 p.m.; all day Saturday; worship service Sunday beginning at 11 a.m.
• RELAY FOR LIFE Hopewell #1 M.B. Church Relay For Life Team is presenting its Cancer Survivors’ and Patients’ Fashion Show Extravaganza at 7 p.m., at the Eddie L. Smith Jr. Multi-Purpose Building, on Memphis Street, in Holly Springs. Entertainment, door prizes, refreshments and a celebration will be held. Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. For additional information and tickets, contact Pennie DeBerry, chairperson, at 662-252-3728. Donation for this event is only $5 per person.
• Killer Kudzu Join in Fri., May 29, 7 p.m., east side of the square, the Killer Kudzu summer send-off 2009 race. All runners and walkers are welcome -- 5K run and 1-mile walk. For more info. call American Pacific, 662-252-1862.
• Barbecue Slayden-Mt. Pleasant-Early Grove Fire Department will have a barbecue at the fire station, 194 Mt. Pleasant Road, 5-8 p.m. The meal will consist of sandwich, baked beans, fries, slaw, tea and dessert.
• Flea market/yard sale Northwest Side Civic Club, 100 CR 59, Harmontown, May 30, 6 a.m. until. Will be held rain or shine!
• APPRECIATION SERVICE Hebron M.B. Church will sponsor it’s Assistant Pastor’s Appreciation Service at 2 p.m. Pastor Melvin Bufford and Mt. Salem M.B. Church of Hickory Valley, TN, and St. Paul will be the special guests. The public is invited. Rev. Adam Gholson, pastor and Rev. Algee Terry, assistant pastor and honoree invite all.
• FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM will be held at Rising Star, 2519 Higdon Road, at 10 a.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone. Guest pastor is Melvin Fitzpatrick and The New Stinson Church family of Rossville, Tenn.
• Annual Women’s Day Program will be held at St. Paul C.M.E. Church on Sunday, May 31, at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Robert McClain of Rising Star M.B. Church. The public is invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor, sponsored by the Women’s Missionary Society. Sis. Florean White, president.
• Singing, Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, Byhalia, 6:30 p.m., with The House Family from Southaven as featured group. Wade Crum is pastor. The public is invited. For directions or information call Wade, 662-82507166 or Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773.
• Family Fun Day activities will be held at St. Paul CME Church on Saturday, June 6, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Come join us for food, fun, games and health checks. All proceeds will go toward our Relay for Life goal. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor, Sis. Brenda Falkner, RFL team captain.
• Annual Homecoming services will be held at St. Mark M.B. Church, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Joe Tunstall and Freebranch M.B. Church. Rev. Patrick Bailey is pastor.
• Church anniversary True Vine Baptist Church will celebrate their ninth church anniversary, June 7, 2:30 p.m. Pastor John Harris and Old Nonconnah Church will be guests. Pastor, Darrell E. Cunningham.
• Homecoming Marianna Baptist Church, with featured singers The Williams Family. Services and fellowship, 11 a.m, singing begins at 1 p.m.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, with The Gatewood Family. This month only, the singing will be at 2 p.m.
• Father’s Day program Providence MB Church, Sun., June 21, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Joe Lee Waldrop and Pine Bluff MB Church. Dinner will be served immediately after. Sponsored by the Providence Church family. Pastor Alonzo Johnson and first lady Patricia Johnson.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page