Calendar of Events
• Mother’s Day luncheon St. Mark MB Church, Sat., May 9, 1 p.m. Tickets on sale now. Call Sis. Paula Byers, 661-551-1060 for more info. or see any member. Pastor, Rev. Patrick Bailey.
• 161st anniversary Red Banks Baptist Church, May 17. Services begin Sunday morning at 10 a.m. with Sunday School. Morning worship follows at 11 a.m. Homecoming fellowship lunch will immediately follow in the Family Life Center. Nursery is provided for the morning service. Children’s church is available for children from 4-years-old through fourth grade. RBBC is located one mile north of U.S. 78 at exit 21.
• birthday appreciation program for Mother Lettie Moore, Community Temple Church, 6 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Terry Smith from Mt. Vernon, Rossville, Tenn. Dinner will be provided. Host pastor is Elder Frank Moore. For more info. call 901-497-6784.
• ANNUAL LADIES’ DAY The Ladies of Hernando Road Church of Christ would like to invite all ladies to their sixth annual Ladies Day. Regististration begins at 8:30 a.m.
• BOATING SAFETY CLASS 8 a.m. until, Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 N. Bring Social Security number. Contact District 2 office for more information and to register for class. This course is offered online at www.pucsafetyschool.com.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church, 8413 Hwy. 309 S, will have a singing with the Geeslin Brothers as guests. A Southern style fellowship meal will be held at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m.
• MOTHER’S NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, Lamar, at 6 p.m.
• PRAYER CONVENTION Victoria Heights Baptist Church, Hwy. 78, exit 18, will have a Prayer Convention, 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. and May 11-15, 7 p.m. nightly.
• MOTHER’S DAY program will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, Lamar, at 11 a.m.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, Lamar, at 7 p.m. with guest speaker Rev. Joe Richmond and Union Valley Church. The public is invited.
*ATTENTION Byhalia High School class of 1989. We will be having a meeting to discuss our 20 year class reunion at 5 p.m. at David McClarty’s home in Olive Branch. All classmates are encouraged to attend if possible. For more info. please call Deatrice Rayford Beard 901-848-1274 or e-mail email@example.com; Helen Rayford, 901-239-3614; or David McClarty, 901-428-2676, 662-890-7363; or Angeal Bennem, 901-871-9775.
• GOSPEL SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church will have a gospel singing with Pickin Up The Pieces as featured guests. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. All are invited.
• TEAM ROPING 2nd Annual Aaron German Memorial Team Roping at Will Hancock’s Arena, Coldwater. Books open at 11 a.m., rope at 12. For more information call Laurie Baggett, 662-401-3940; Will Hancock, 662-292-1716; Mike Crockett, 662-501-0554; or Teresa Morton, 901-674-5096. In case of rain, roping will be held June 6.
• WOMEN’S DAY will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 11 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• REVIVAL Victory Baptist Church will have a revival May 17-22 with Bobby McGilliard and the McGilliard Evangelistc Team. Sunday morning services will be at 11 a.m. Dinner on the grounds will be held after morning services. Singing will be held at 2 p.m. by evangelistic team. May 18-22 services will be at 7 p.m. May 21 will be special youth night. The church is located at 2550 Wallhill Road, Independence. For more info. call 662-233-2208.
• EARLY MORNING SERVICE will be held at Rising Star, 2519 Higdon Road, at 9 a.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone.
• KING & QUEEN DRIVE will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, Lamar, at 11 a.m.
• RETIREMENT RECEPTION The faculty and staff at Hickory Flat Attendance Center will honor Kathy Bennett and Joanne Bingham with a retirement reception, 2-4 p.m. at the Hickory Flat Library. All students, friends, and family are welcome to attend.
• ANNUAL MEN AND WOMEN’s Day Program will be held at Shady Grove CME Church, Hwy. 309 S at Marianna, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Willie Ward and Isaac Chapel CME Church. Everyone is cordially invited. C. Booker is pastor.
• HOMECOMING SERVICE will be held at Yarbrough Chapel CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Rev. George Taylor, pastor of New Prospect M.B. Church, Nettleton, will deliver the sermon. He will be accompanied by his church and choir. Rev. Jerry Christian Jr. is pastor.
• CHURCH ANNIVERSARY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual Church Anniversary at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Granville Scruggs and the Fireside C.O.G.I.C. of Rossville. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING PROGRAM will be held at Rising Star, 2519 Higdon Road, at 10:45 a.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone. Guest speaker will be Minister Robert Clayborn, Brown Baptist Church, Southaven.
• SPRING REVIVAL will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, Lamar, May 27-29, with guest speaker Rev. Antonion Maddocks from Memphis, Tenn.; and May 31, HSMC worship-laymen, at 2 p.m.
• MUSIC FESTIVAL Camp Creek Gospel and Bluegrass Music Festival will be held May 29, 30, 31 at Lewisburg High School, 1755 Craft Road. Friday night 6-9:30 p.m.; all day Saturday; worship service Sunday beginning at 11 a.m.
• RELAY FOR LIFE Hopewell #1 M.B. Church Relay For Life Team is presenting its Cancer Suvivors and Patients’ Fashion Show Extravaganza at 7 p.m., at the Eddie L. Smith Jr. Multi-Purpose Building on Memphis Street in Holly Springs. Entertainment, door prizes, refreshments and a celebration will be held. Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. For additional information and tickets, contact Pennie DeBerry, chairperson, at 662-252-3728. Donation for this event is only $5 per person.
• APPRECIATION SERVICE Hebron M.B. Church will sponsor its Assistant Pastor’s Appreciation Service at 2 p.m. Pastor Melvin Bufford and Mt. Salem M.B. Church of Hickory Valley, TN, and St. Paul will be the special guests. The public is invited. Rev. Adam Gholson, pastor and Rev. Algee Terry, assistant pastor and honoree invite all.
• FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM will be held at Rising Star, 2519 Higdon Road, at 10 a.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone. Guest pastor is Melvin Fitzpatrick and The New Stinson Church family of Rossville, TN.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Bible study Victoria Heights Baptist Church has Bible study, Tues. mornings, 10 a.m. and Wed. evenings, 6:30 p.m. for men, women and all visitors. The book of Exodus is being studied.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page