March 19, 2009
Calendar of Events
• Youth program March 18, 19, 20 - Spring Break “Uth Explosion,” 6 p.m. nightly Chewalla Assembly of God, 1511 Higdon Road, Holly Springs. For more info., call 662-551-0687 or 551-0424, Xtreme music, Xtreme ministry, Xtreme contests, Xtreme fun.
•Revival New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 Red Banks Rd. March 18-20, 7 p.m. nightly. Evangelist will be Pastor Robert Odum from Macedonia Church in Ashland. Everyone is invited.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 19. We are always recruiting for new members. M. Hicks, 4-H volunteer leader.
• Benefit The Bad Boys of Wrestling, March 21, 7 p.m., at Bethlehem Station 2. Tickets at the door, 6 and under free. To benefit the Potts Camp Fire Dept. Greg Harris, 662-291-1024, assistant chief.
• friends night Gospel Station 1 (Holly Springs Fire Department) invites everyone to their first Friends Night, Sat., March 21, 6:30 p.m., at Jones Grove Church.
• GOSPEL SINGING will be held at Clear Creek Baptist Church with Mike DeVore as featured guest. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• trail ride Sat., Mar. 21, 1 p.m. on Hwy. 311 at the LeSueur’s farm. Sponsored by the Holly Springs Cowboys. Benefit for the Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum.
• Family reunion The Britt-Burnett family reunion will be held at Caanan Baptist Church, 1 p.m. The church is located at Caanan and Old Hwy. 72. Bring a covered dish. Call J.R. Britt for more information, 662-838-9339.
• Registration Potts Camp summer baseball and softball official registration will be held Sat., March 21, 10 a.m. until noon at Potts Camp High School. For more info. call 901-412-4400, email@example.com.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., 10 a.m. at the Barton Fire Dept, Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.). The public is invited.
• Men and Women’s Day, Kimbrough Baptist Church, 11 a.m. The public is invited. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Guest speaker, Rev. Bobby Walker and guests New Greater Light Church of Como.
• Men’s Day program St. Paul CME Church, Mar. 22, 3 p.m., Rev. Gifton Jones Jr. of New Jerusalem MB Church, Memphis, Tenn., will be guest speaker. Bro. Oscar Manning, steward board president.
• Church anniversary Hopewell #1 M.B. Church is celebrating its 141st church anniversary on Sunday, March 22, at 8 a.m., with Rev. Telsa DeBerry, native of Holly Springs, and minister of evangelism at Cornerstone Baptist Church, Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, as guest speaker; and 1 p.m. with Dr. John W. Crittle II, and Macedonia MB Church, Memphis, Tenn., as guests. The public is invited to attend. Deacon Michael Crittle, chairperson, Rev. Leroy James, host pastor.
• Spring Revival at Walton Chapel CME Church, March 22-25. Rev Donnell Nichols and Mt. Zion Church of Verona will be guests. 7 p.m. nightly. Rev Shawn Patton, pastor. Everyone is cordially invited.
• Ladies’ Ministry Meeting Watson Community Church, Hwy. 309, will be held on the first and third Mondays of each month, 9 a.m. with Sister Michelle Jarrell teaching. Coffee fellowship will be held after the meeting.
• Spring Revival will be held at Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 S, with Bro. Billy Adair, of New Hope Baptist Church, 7 p.m., March 23-27. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Bro. Danny Smithey.
• Books of the Bible Christ New Beginning Church, 440 MLK Dr., Holly Springs, will have their annual 66 Books of the Bible program, Tues., March 24 through Fri., March 27, 6 p.m. nightly. Different speakers each night. Rev. Harvey Garrison, host pastor.
• Intermediate Idol Holly Springs Intermediate School, Thurs., March 26, 5:30 p.m. in the HSI gym. Fee, $1 with 2 canned goods, $2 without. Sponsored by Sixth Grade Best Friends/Best Men.
• Friday night fight, Kimbrough Baptist Church, 7 p.m. The public is invited. Pastor, J.W. Smith Jr. Guest speaker, Rev. Terry Webb and T-N-T Youth Ministry of Concern, Memphis, Tenn. The public is invited.
• MSCHIP event Byhalia Lodge #115 will host a MSCHIP event, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., 1859 French Road. Parents or legal guardian must accompany child. For more info. call Charles Davis, 662-838-6839.
• Benefit Pleasant Grove MB Church, located in Red Banks, under the leadership of Pastor S.A. Phillips, is sponsoring a benefit program for James and Annette Lucas, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Wild Game Dinner hosted by the Men’s Ministry, Friendship Assembly of God, 7 p.m. Adults, $10 per plate, children 12 and under $5 per plate. Call in orders available, 662-838-4000. Your choice of several different kinds of wild game.
• Singing, Rice Chapel United Methodist Church, March 28, fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. with the Carey Chapel Boys. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Walter Myers.
• Seminar Success for Life seminar, Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, pastor. Sat., March 28, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Health, education, entrepreneurship, prosperity and investments will be topics.
• Women’s Month Christ Temple COGIC is celebrating women’s month in March, with a special speaker each Friday night at 7:30 p.m. On March 29, the month will climax at 3 p.m. Church is located at 210 W. Park St., Holly Springs.
• Men’s Day program The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have its annual men’s day program, Sun., March 29, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Eugene Anderson and Brooks Chapel COGIC of Moscow, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• First sermon Minister Larry Isaac Martin will preach his first sermon, Sun., March 29, 4 p.m. at Free Branch MB Church. Pastor Tunstall and members invite all.
• Homecoming Red Banks United Methodist Church homecoming will be held. Good singing, preaching and lots of food. Everyone is welcome.
• “Building Together,” Fifth Sunday kick-off services. Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 2641 Laws Hill Rd., Worship 11 a.m., followed by fellowship dinner at 12:15 and mini-concert with Megan Tate at 1:30 p.m. Love offering will be taken. Bro. Larry West, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Revival Holly Hill Baptist Church, April 1-5, 7 p.m., Wed. though Sat., 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Evangelist Bobby McGilliard and his team will be guests. Lunch at noon on Sunday. Pastor Frank Feathers and members invite everyone.
• Youth choir day Union Valley MB Church family and pastor Joe L. Richmond invite everyone to Youth Choir Day, March 29, 2 p.m. Other churches are asked to come and bring an A&B selection.
• Pizza Party The children of the community ages 3 – 10 are invited to attend a pizza and movie party at the Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria. It starts at 7 p.m. and ends at 8:30. A time of fun for children.
• Fish fry Cayce Fire Department, 30 Lee Creek Road, will have a fish fry, 4:30 to 7 p.m. with Sheriff Kenny Dickerson and his crew cooking. Tea and dessert included. Tickets can be purchased from any member of the fire department or at A-1 Small Engines, Gossett Auto Parts and Carol’s Beauty Shop. For more information, call 851-7384 or 851-7634. Eat in or take out.
• April Fool FUn Festival Potts Camp Park, April 4, 9 a.m. until. Food, games, music, entertainment. Sponsored by Mt. Olive Church. For more info. call Thelma Isom, 234-8172, Stella Taylor, 333-6856, or Jimmie Collins, 333-9153.
• Rainbow tea The stewardesses of St. Paul CME Church will sponsor a Rainbow Tea featuring area choirs. Sis. Wanda McNeil, president, is in charge.
• Spring flea market Sat., April 4, at the ball field, 35 Lowry Rd. Sales start at 7 a.m. For more info. call Meredith at 731-926-6923. Sponsored by the Byhalia Sports Association.
• Homecoming and Revival Chewalla Baptist Church, Sun., April 5, 11 a.m. with a fellowship meal following the service. Singing at 1:30 p.m. with The Barnetts. Mid-week revival is Tues., April 7 through Thurs., April 9, 7 p.m. nightly, with Bro. Randy Hope, pastor of First Baptist Church in Abbeville. Everyone is welcome.
• Special service Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church will have a special service, Sun., April 5, beginning at 6 p. m. with Carolyn Burnett as featured guest. Speaker will be Phillips Sparks of Middleton, Tenn. The church is located 1/2 mile south of Goodman Rd. on Cayce Rd.
• Meeting The Marshall County Water Association located at 512 Wingo Road, Byhalia, will have their annual members’ meeting at 6:30 p.m. Everyone is encouraged to come.
• Fish plates Isaac Chapel Church will serve fish plates at the church, along with a rummage sale.
• Family and Friends day Isaac Chapel Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Roger Daniel and Antioch Church will be our guests. Rev. Will Ward, pastor. Everyone is invited.
Saturday,April 18th, 2009- Pilgrimage Walk/Run,. $15 before April 1st and $20 after. contact Nancy Jones,firstname.lastname@example.org, 662-252-7293 or 662-291-7293.
• Golf tournament Annual Byhalia and Olive Branch Lions Club Golf Tournament will be held at Cherokee Valley Golf Club in Olive Branch, April 9. For more information call Phillip Woods, 662-838-6754; Jim Sanderlin, 901-493-1421; Jimmy Woods, 662-895-2996; or Kevin Medlin 662-895-5547.
• Fund-raiser Potts Camp FFA Alumni is selling Boston butts. They will sell for $25 each and will be picked up on April 11, between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Potts Camp School Agriculture building. For more info or to order call: Danny Mills- 333-7078, Edgar Wilkinson- 333-7931, Beth Overall – 333-4446, or other FFA alumni member. Thank you for all of your support.
• Meeting The Marshall County Retired Education Personnel will meet April 17, 12 noon at the Beckley Center.
• Rededication The Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria will hold a rededication service of the fellowship hall and parsonage. Service will be at 11a.m. with lunch to follow. Please join us in this celebration.
• Annual Usher Day Program will be held at St. Paul CME Church, 11 a.m. Sis. Brenda Falkner, president.
• Men and women’s day program St. Mark MB Church, Sun., April 26, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Robert McClain. His choir will render music. Rev. Patrick Bailey, pastor.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Bible study Victoria Heights Baptist Church has Bible study, Tues. mornings, 10 a.m. and Wed. evenings, 6:30 p.m. for men, women and all visitors. The book of Exodus is being studied.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting S O S Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy... 309 S Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy... 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page