Kindergarten orientation at HS Primary
The Holly Springs Primary School will be hosting the 2008-2009 kindergarten orientation on Tuesday, Aug. 5, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The activities will begin in the library with an introduction of the staff and curriculum. Then, the parents and students will be invited to visit their classroom and learn about the things that the students will be learning throughout the school year. We are asking all parents to please bring their student’s school supplies, if possible, to the orientation. This will help your child’s teacher out a lot due to all the chaos on the first day of school. The teachers are looking forward to meeting all of you!
Pre-registration set for July 28-31
Holly Springs Primary School’s 2008-2009 pre-registration will be July 28-31 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
There will be no registration on the first day of school.
The following information will be needed to complete your child’s registration:
(1) Completed registration pack; (2) a certified birth certificate; (3) Immunization Report #212 from the MS Health Department or family physician; (4) copy of child’s Social Security card; (5) two proofs of residency (two of the following may be used): filed Homestead Exemption Application form; mortgage document or property deed; apartment or home lease; current utility bill; current driver’s license; voter’s registration card; affidavit of residency.
(1) Completed registration packet; (2) two proofs of residency (two of the following may be used: filed Homestead Exemption Application form; mortgage document or property deed; apartment or home lease; current utility bill; current driver’s license; voter’s registration card; affidavit of residency.
ICS Head Start registration
Registration for ICS Head Start will be held on Monday, August 11, through Wednesday, August 13, at Head Start Centers from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday and until 2 p.m on Wednesday for returning and newly selected children.
Please arrive no later than 5 p.m. to allow time to complete required forms. Be prepared to stay. It takes at least 30 minutes or more to complete required registration forms. Your child should not be present for registration. Bring the following items to registration unless already submitted.
1. Copy of certified birth certificate for staff to review
2. Original Immunization Form #121 from your local MS Health Dept.
3. Proof of yearly family income
4. Head of household’s social security card - optional
5. Child’s Social Security card - optional
6. Proof of health and dental insurance, Medicaid or CHIP
7. Child’s doctor and dentist - names, addresses and phone numbers
8. Medical and dental exams and treatments completed during the summer
9. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of two emergency contact persons
10. Parents’ work place name and its physical address and phone number
ICS Head Start classes will begin on Monday, August 18. Your child cannot attend classes until required paperwork is complete and necessary documents submitted. Do not try to send a child without registration paperwork on buses.
If you forgot to apply this spring for your pre-school age child, on-site application completion is available for children with birthdays typically from 09-02-03 through 09-01-04 having one year prior to kindergarten beginning the second day of registration, but parents with selected children will be seen first.
Children with diagnosed disabilities are encouraged to apply, and may even apply with three years prior to kindergarten on their third birthday. Children enrolled in the ICS Early Head Start Program may also apply for Head Start when the child reaches three years old.
Appointments may be made for children with birthdays 09-02-04 through 09-01-05 who have two years prior to kindergarten for the following work week.
At this time Tunica, Tallahatchie, Quitman and parts of Marshall and Panola counties do not have many children on their waiting lists.
Some blended partner programs with licensed day care businesses still have openings in Lowndes County. If your child is participating in a blended partnership program with ICS, the local daycare or public Pre-K will announce registration dates and times. Above paperwork will be needed.
ICS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin or disability.
ICS is an equal opportunity employer.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page