Calendar of Events
• Bake sale - Mt. Comfort CME Church, youth and young adults are sponsoring a bake sale at the Bank of Holly Springs, South Branch, Thurs., June 26, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. They will be selling cakes, pies, fried pies and Krispy Kreme donuts.
• All day VBS Sat., June 28, Spring Hill Baptist Church in Waterford, will be having an All Day Vacation Bible School from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This year’s theme will be Outrigger Island...Living God’s Unshakeable Truth. Registration and breakfast will be from 9 - 9:30 a.m. Lunch will be served. Everyone is invited! If you need more info. contact VBS Director, Tanya Snow at 252-3685.
• Singing Rice Chapel Methodist Church hosts singing with Ricky and Cheryl Martin. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Walter Myers, pastor.
• Singing The Fourth Saturday Night Singing at Evangel Full Gospel Assembly will be featuring local singers and congregational singing, 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• VBS Luau Sun., June 29, Spring Hill Baptist Church in Waterford, will be having a VBS Parent’s Night “Luau.” At 6 p.m. there will be a VBS musical program. At 7 p.m. there will be a “Luau” celebration in the multipurpose building with lots of food and fun. At 8 p.m. there will be a drawing for various VBS themed items such as, Outrigger Island backpack, inflatable palm trees, beach balls, etc. If you need more information contact VBS director, Tanya Snow at 662-252-3685.
• Program St. Paul MB Church will have a “Fruits of the Spirit” program, Sun., June 29, 11 a.m. Rev. Andrew Cheairs, pastor.
• Choir day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual choir day, 3 p.m. Guest choirs will be Kimbrough Chapel M.B. Church, Concord M.B. Church, Christ New Beginning M.B. Church and others. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• Boston Butts are being cooked by Emory Methodist Church, Watson, with proceeds going to the 2009 Mission Fund. The price will be $20. Orders are due by June 29, picked up at church on Thursday, July 3. Please call Mike Davis at 662-838-9263 or Shirley McCoy at 662-838-6655, please leave a message at either number.
• Worship experience Holly Springs/Marshall County Baptist Association announces its second quarterly worship experience to be held on the fifth Sunday in June at Mt. Moriah MB Church at 2 p.m. Vice–moderator, Pastor Dr. R.J. Wilson is the host pastor. Pastor Charles Gillespie, pastor of Mt. Gillian MB Church will deliver the message. The public is encouraged to attend.
• Speaker Craig Williamson will be the speaker Sun., June 29, 10:30 a.m. at St. Mark MB Church in Holly Springs.
• Reunion The family of Johnny C. Edwards and Ida Robinson reunion will be held at Wall Doxey State Park in the meeting room from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Bring a covered dish. For more info., call 662-252-3227 or 662-252-3907.
• Open enrollment for nursery-12th grade at Friendship Christian Academy. Call the school office at 662-838-4000 for an appointment.
• Reception The Holly Springs School District will host a reception for the new principal of Holly High, Cedric Richardson, Mon., June 30, 6:30 p.m., in the Holly High library. Parents, community and business leaders are invited.
• VBS Kimbrough Chapel Church will have VBS, June 30-July 4, 6 p.m. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4983.
• Fireworks, food and fun, July 3, Shiloh Baptist Church, Hwys. 302 and 309, Barton. Fireworks at 9 p.m.
• Reunion The Byhalia High School classes of 1977, 1978 and 1979 are having a combined class reunion on July 4-6. The events will be held at the Byhalia High School gym. The cost for the reunion is $50 per individual, $75 per couple. For more info. please contact Gloria Jean Malone at 901-491-2440 or James Jones at 901-216-2545.
• Reunion The Holly Springs High School Class of 1973 will celebrate the 35th high school reunion July 4-6. All classmates are encouraged to attend. Please contact Harvey Payne at (662) 629-0030 for more information.
• Smith Reunion will be held on Drew Road, off Hwy. 311 in Mt. Pleasant, noon-until. For more info. call Diana Clolinger at 252-2596.
• Red Banks Cemetery Association meeting will be held July 5, 9 a.m.
• Homecoming Mt. Moriah MB Church, Sun., July 6, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Dewitt Glover and Harris Chapel Church family will be guests. Old-fashioned picnic immediately following worship, on the church grounds. Dress is casual.
• Church anniversary Pleasant Hill CME Church will have their church anniversary, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Robert McClain and the Rising Star MB Church will be guests. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites all.
• HAT DAY St. Paul MB Church will have their hat day program, Sun., July 6, 11 a.m. Rev. Andrew Cheairs, pastor.
• Usher day St. Mark MB Church, Holly Springs, July 6, 3 p.m. Guest speaker, Rev. James Green from Finley Grove Church. Sponsored by Bro. Curtis Collins and the usher board. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, will have their homecoming program, Sun., July 6, 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Rev. Felix Tuggles and church from Jackson, Tenn. Everyone is cordially invited. Sis. Lela Jeffries, sponsor. Rev. C.O. Wilkins, pastor.
• Homecoming St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs, will be celebrating homecoming on Sunday, July 6, at 2 p.m. Rev. Deldrick LeSueur and Cooper’s Chapel will be the guests. The public is invited. Sis. Joyce Robertson, program chairperson, Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• CLinic re-opens The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic will reopen at 218 College St., Byhalia. Call 662-252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• The Ida B. Wells-Barnett Festival and birthday celebration will be held July 11, 12, 13 at the Ida B. Wells Musuem and Spring Hollow Park. For more information or the schedule of events call 662-252-3232. The festival will feature arts and crafts, tours, banquet, special speakers and singers.
• Workshop Kimbrough Chapel Church will have praise team workshop, “Why We Praise,” July 12. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• Pastor and wife’s anniversary St. Paul MB Church will have their pastor and wife’s anniversary celebration, Sun., July 13. Rev. Andrew Cheairs, pastor.
• Usher day program Harris Chapel MB Church, 2639 Hoover Rd., will have their annual Usher Day program, Sun., July 13, 2:30 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. Eddie L. Walker; theme: Working in God’s Vineyard. Everyone is cordially invited.
• VBS The Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God, hosts VBS, July 14-18, 6-8 p.m. nightly. For more information or directions, call 662-838-4000.
• VBS Surf’s up, so grab your surfboard and head for the waves! VBS 2008 at Macedonia Baptist Church, 14910 Cathy Road, Byhalia. Pre-k through sixth grade. July 14-18, 6 - 8:30 p.m. For more info. call Sonya Berryhill, 901-487-2762
• Humane Society meeting, July 15, 6 p.m. at VFW. 662-564-2900.
• Teen Summit Kimbrough Chapel Church, July 17-18, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr
• Church trip Jones Grove Church family invites you on a trip to the Clinton Museum in Little Rock, Ark., Sat., July 26, leaving the church at 7 a.m. Seating is limited, first come, first served. Ticket price includes bus and museum. For more info. call 662-252-3990.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page