Calendar of Events
• Conference Community Temple Holiness will have Wailing Women Win Deliverance Conference, June 18-22. Anointed speakers each night and worship service on Saturday. The church is located at 1331 Mt. Zion Road. For more info. call 494-9412. Elder Frank Moore, pastor.
• Town hall meeting The Marshall County NAACP is sponsoring a Holly Springs town hall meeting, June 18, 10:30 a.m.-12 noon. Come hear the mayor and other elected officials discuss the status of the city.
•Grand opening The Artist Network of North Mississippi will have a grand opening showing of their paintings at the Hernando-DeSoto Museum from 7-9 p.m. The art will be displayed for three months. There will be bluegrass music and refreshments.
• Concert Smith Grove mass choir will be in concert, along with the New Community mass choir of Aurora, Ill., Sat., June 21, 6 p.m.
• Singing, Clear Creek Baptist Church, featuring The Joylanders from Trenton, Tenn. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing follows at 7 p.m. Bro. Jim Polk and congregation invite all.
• Auction -- fund-raiser for Lighthouse Apostolic Church at Wyatte-Wyatte Loop Rd., every Fri. night at 7 p.m. All commission goes to church. Concession stand will be open. 662-252-2596.
• Barbarcue Families First Resource Center “Healthy Start” program will celebrate young fathers with a fatherhood barbecue, Sat., June 21, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on the Rust College basketball court. The barbecue is for fathers and mothers, 21 and under, and their children. Please call Cameron Abbey, 662-551-2229.
• Car wash Mt. Comfort CME Church youth and young adults will sponsor a car wash on Sat., June 21, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. at Fitch’s Amoco on Hwy. 7 in Holly Springs. Come get your vehicle washed for a low price.
• 12 tribes of Israel Sat., June 21, Sunrise Chapter #166 OES will present the 12 Tribes of Israel at New Hope MB Church, Laws Hill, at 6 p.m. The public is invited.
• Friend’s Day Chewalla Assembly of God will be having “Dinner on the Grounds and All Day Singing.” We invite all our friends to come and be with us. Special singer will be Megan Tate.
• Appreciation Day Program Pastor Harold and Minister Renee Stanfield will host Appreciation Day at Grays Chapel CME Church located in Hudsonville on June 22, 3 p.m. The speaker will be Elder Joseph Grantham. All are invited to come and help us celebrate this special occasion.
• Homecoming Smith Grove MB Church, Sun., June 22, 11 a.m., with Pastor George Rayford and the New Community MB Church of Aurora, Ill., as special guests.
• Friends program June 22, 6 p.m., at Rising Star MB Church, sponsored by the Dynamic Angels. Your group or choir is asked to come share that night. Please call Florida Manning 662-252-7493, 662-544-6139. If you ever need the Dynamic Angels, please call them.
• Childrens’ Day Yarbrough Chapel CME Church will have their Children’s Day and student recognition June 22 in the morning worship. Everyone is welcomed. Rev. Jerry Christian Jr., pastor.
• Homecoming Bethel UMC (Benton County) will have homecoming on Sunday, June 22 at 11 a.m. Nathan Hodum will be delivering the message. Jimmy and Gail Tate will provide singing. A potluck meal will follow after the service. We invite everyone to come and join us. Bethel UMC is located on Pine Grove Road approximately three miles off Hwy. 5 between Ashland and Hickory Flat.
• Choir anniversary St. Paul MB Church will have their female choir anniversary, Sun., June 22, 3 p.m. Rev. Andrew Cheairs, pastor.
• Revival Friendship Assembly of God hosts revival June 22-25. Sunday, 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.; Mon.-Wed., 7 p.m. Special guests Evangelist Jachin and Cindy Dardar.
• Pastor appreciation day Walton Chapel, June 22, 3 p.m. in honor of Rev. Shawn Patton, pastor. Everyone is cordially invited.
• CLub VBS, Faith Baptist Church, Hickory Flat, June 23-27, 6-8 p.m. nightly. Kick-off will be Sat., June 21, 10 a.m. with games, fun and food. For more info. call Rhonda Ash, 333-4193.
• VBS Outrigger Island at First Baptist Church, Byhalia, will be June 23-27, with Friday evening musical performance.
• ALOHA! Surf’s up at VBS -- Red Banks Baptist Church, June 23-27, 6-8:30 p.m. nightly. Bus will run each night. Call Courtney McClatchy, 662-252-5407 for more info. Ages 3K-sixth grade.
• VBS Finley Grove MB Church, June 23-27, 6-8 p.m. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Mozell Kelly, 662-252-5616. Theme is “Faith Heroes.”
• Revival will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church June 23-27, 7 p.m. nightly. Rev. J.W. Smith of Kimbrough Chapel will be guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites all.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• All day VBS Sat., June 28, Spring Hill Baptist Church in Waterford, will be having an All Day Vacation Bible School from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This year’s theme will be Outrigger Island...Living God’s Unshakeable Truth. Registration and breakfast will be from 9 - 9:30 a.m. Lunch will be served. Everyone is invited! If you need more info. contact VBS Director, Tanya Snow at 252-3685.
• Singing Rice Chapel Methodist Church hosts singing with Ricky and Cheryl Martin. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Walter Myers, pastor.
• VBS Luau Sun., June 29, Spring Hill Baptist Church in Waterford, will be having a VBS Parent’s Night “Luau.” At 6 p.m. there will be a VBS musical program. At 7 p.m. there will be a “Luau” celebration in the multipurpose building with lots of food and fun. At 8 p.m. there will be a drawing for various VBS themed items such as, Outrigger Island backpack, inflatable palm trees, beach balls, etc. If you need more information contact VBS director, Tanya Snow at 662-252-3685.
• Program St. Paul MB Church will have a “Fruits of the Spirit” program, Sun., June 29, 11 a.m. Rev. Andrew Cheairs, pastor.
• Choir day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual choir day, 3 p.m. Guest choirs will be Kimbrough Chapel M.B. Church, Concord M.B. Church, Christ New Beginning M.B. Church and others. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• Open enrollment for nursery-12th grade at Friendship Christian Academy. Call the school office at 662-838-4000 for an appointment.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4983.
• Reunion The Byhalia High School classes of 1977, 1978 and 1979 are having a combined class reunion on July 4-6. The events will be held at the Byhalia High School gym. The cost for the reunion is $50 per individual, $75 per couple. For more info. please contact Gloria Jean Malone at 901-491-2440 or James Jones at 901-216-2545.
• Reunion The Holly Springs High School Class of 1973 will celebrate the 35th high school reunion July 4-6. All classmates are encouraged to attend. Please contact Harvey Payne at (662) 629-0030 for more information.
• Smith Reunion will be held on Drew Road, off Hwy. 311 in Mt. Pleasant, noon-until. For more info. call Diana Clolinger at 252-2596.
• Homecoming Mt. Moriah MB Church, Sun., July 6, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Dewitt Glover and Harris Chapel Church family will be guests. Old-fashioned picnic immediately following worship, on the church grounds. Dress is casual.
• Church anniversary Pleasant Hill CME Church will have their church anniversary, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Robert McClain and the Rising Star MB Church will be guests. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites all.
• HAT DAY St. Paul MB Church will have their hat day program, Sun., July 6, 11 a.m. Rev. Andrew Cheairs, pastor.
• Usher day St. Mark MB Church, Holly Springs, July 6, 3 p.m. Guest speaker, Rev. James Green from Finley Grove Church. Sponsored by Bro. Curtis Collins and the Usher Board. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, will have their homecoming program, Sun., July 6, 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Rev. Felix Tuggles and church from Jackson, Tenn. Everyone is cordially invited. Sis. Lela Jeffries, sponsor. Rev. C.O. Wilkins, pastor.
• CLinic re-opens The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic will reopen at 218 College St., Byhalia. Call 662-252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• Pastor and wife’s anniversary St. Paul MB Church will have their pastor and wife’s anniversary celebration, Sun., July 13. Rev. Andrew Cheairs, pastor.
• Usher day program Harris Chapel MB Church, 2639 Hoover Rd., will have their annual Usher Day program, Sun., July 13, 2:30 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. Eddie L. Walker; theme: Working in God’s vineyard. Everyone is cordially invited.
• VBS The Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God, hosts VBS, July 14-18, 6-8 p.m. nightly. For more information or directions call 662-838-4000.
• Church trip Jones Grove Church family invites you on a trip to the Clinton Museum in Little Rock, Ark., Sat., July 26, leaving the church at 7 a.m. Seating is limited, first come, first served. Ticket price includes bus and museum. For more info. call 662-252-3990.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page