Thursday, May 29, 2008
Lindsey stars on diamond at Stetson
By BARRY BURLESON
Byhalia’s Amanda Lindsey is putting her name in the Stetson University sports record books.
The sophomore pitcher, who started her softball career with the Byhalia Sports Association under the coaching of Doug Wagg, recorded 277 strikeouts this season. That’s a Stetson single-season record.
And that’s just the start of Lindsey’s accomplishments as a member of the Stetson Hatters.
• She earned 24 wins, third highest single-season total in school history.
• She recorded 14 shutouts, second highest single-season total in school history.
• Through only two years, she is already sixth in Stetson career shutouts (17) and strikeouts (376) and 10th in wins (33).
• She threw a no-hitter against Jacksonville on April 18 and got her 20th win and the strikeout record in the same game.
• She was named to the Atlantic Sun All-Tournament Team.
• She was selected National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) Second Team All-Southeast Region.
Lindsey went 24-14 in the circle this season with a 1.41 earned run average, totals that ranked second and third, respectively, in the Atlantic Sun Conference. Her 277 strikeouts were also second in the conference. In the A-Sun tournament, she earned both of the Hatters’ wins, plus she hit .417 with two home runs as they reached the finals for the third consecutive season.
She finished second on the team in home runs with seven and tied for second with 28 RBI. Lindsey also threw three two-hitters this season.
Stetson finished the 2008 campaign with a record of 43-24, 13-8 in the conference.
Lindsey is the daughter of Ronny and Debbie Lindsey of Byhalia. After starting her softball career with the Byhalia Sports Association, she later played with Marshall Academy in Holly Springs and St. Benedict at Auburndale before signing with the Hatters.
Stetson is located in DeLand, Fla. Founded in 1883, it is Florida’s first private university.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page