April 24, 2008
Calendar of Events
• Revival Rising Star MB Church, April 23-25, 7 p.m. nightly. Special guest is Pastor Ronnie Strong of Coldwater. Pastor, Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd.
• Quick Bites program “Evaluation, Selection and Use of Meats” by Dr. Mike Martin, assistant professor, Animal and Dairy Sciences and Food Science Nutrition and Health Promotion, MSU, will be held at the Marshall Co. Extension Office, Thursday, April 24 at noon. Call 662-252-3541 to register.
• Game show Everyone is invited to the Holly Springs Primary gym, April 24, 5:15, to see the gifted fifth grade class presentation of “Are you smarter than a fifth grader?”
• Hoops for Heart Holly Springs Intermediate School is sponsoring Hoops for Heart and Jump Rope for Heart for the American Heart Association, April 24-25, all day event, in the gym. The community is asked to participate. James Green, coordinator.
• Singing Rice Chapel Methodist Church hosts singing with the Kennedys. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Walter Myers is pastor.
• RODEO Pilot Club and Spur 1 Production is hosting a rodeo and concert to benefit St. Jude at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, 6 p.m. For more information call 662-551-1480 or 252-3966.
• Singing, Fourth Sat. night singing, Sat., 7 p.m., April 26, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, Holly Springs. Local singers. Everyone is invited.
• Pastor and Wife’s Anniversary will be held at Mt. Gillian Ministries, 219 Valley View Drive, Victoria, 3 p.m. Pastor Shelton Rubin and the New Jeremiah Church family from Memphis, Tenn., will be the guests. Marvin D. Brooks is pastor.
• Super Sunday at Kimbrough Chapel Church, all day with three speakers and three guest churches. Begins at 2 p.m.
• MEn’s Day Sun., April 27, 9 a.m. in morning worship at Free Branch MB Church. Pastor, A.V. Warren Jr.
• Usher Day Rising Star MB Church, April 27, 3 p.m. Pastor Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd.
• Evening of Praise and Baby Contest will be held at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 2:30 p.m. Choirs and solo singers are invited. Pastor Rev. Willie Ward invites everyone.
• Revival, Victoria Heights Baptist Church, April 27-until. Evangelist will be Bro. David Ford of Phoenix, Ariz., Sun. morning worship, 11 a.m., Sun. night service, 5 p.m. and weeknights at 6:30 p.m. Pastor Bro. Bobby Campbell and congregation welcome everyone to attend.
• Revival Jones Grove MB Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South. April 28-May 2, 7 p.m. nightly. Evangelist will be Rev. LeeMar Boyd, pastor of New Zion MB Church. Lecturer, Pastor John Powell, John 3:16.
• Men and Women’s Conference, Mt. Gillian Ministries, Bishop Marvin Brooks, 219 Valley Dr., Byhalia. Guest speaker will be Prophetess Annette Dukes, co-pastor of Life Changing Ministries of Deliverance, Inc., Dallas, Tx. Services May 1-3, 7 p.m. nightly. Come and bring a friend.
• Annual fish fry and bake sale The Holly Springs Federated Improvement Club, Inc. will hold their annual fish fry and bake sale, May 2-3, on the square, all day.
• Senior health fair, Fri., May 2, 7 a.m. to 12 noon. VFW building, Holly Springs. Sponsored by Trinity Mission. Several area hospitals, doctors, etc. will be participating.
• May Day Parade Lessye L. Davis May Day parade, Sat., May 3, beginning at 11 a.m. on the old MI College campus. For more info. call Obera Muse Jones, 662-252-3232. Grand marshal is Rev. and Mrs. S.A. Phillips.
• Love day Community Temple Holiness hosts Love Appreciation Day for Mother Lettie Moore, 6 p.m. A love program and great meal will be held. Host pastor is Frank Moore, 851-3388.
• Reunion The A.J. and Edna Collier Smith family reunion will be held Saturday, May 3 at the Wall Doxey State Park lodge.
• Meeting The Nurse Angels of Marshall County will host a meeting and luncheon at JB’s Restaurant, on the square in Holly Springs after the parade. For more info. call Annie Reid, 252-5364.
• May Day Gospel Explosion will be held at Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 North Memphis Street, Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Master of ceremony will be Bro. Charles Anthony. Guest groups will be Divine Voice Community Choir, The Moment of Joy, The Southern Harmonizers, The Stars of Faith, Sister Jennifer Jones, The Bell Singers, The Anointed Spiritualettes, and The Jackson Southernaires.
• Women’s month at Mt. Moriah MB Church in May. Each Sunday a different, dynamic woman of God will bring the message. For more info. call the church at 662-564-3595.
• Ladies fellowship Friendship Assembly of God hosts a communitywide ladies fellowship 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. All ladies in Marshall and DeSoto Counties are invited. For more information, please contact Kathy Fewell or Crystal Arno at the church office, (662) 838-4000.
• Prayer breakfast Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a prayer breakfast, from 9-11 a.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard.
• Special worship Fellowship Baptist Church, located on Hwy. 309, 3 miles north of Byhalia invites everyone to a special worship service, 11 a.m. Featured singers will be Barbara Barton, Dwayne and Janie Wisham and Bubba Feathers. Come join us for music, worship and dinner afterwards. The pastor is Wade Crum.
• Family reunion program The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a homecoming family reunion program at 3 p.m. All friends and former members will be guests. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming, Sun., May 4, 2 p.m. at New Hope MB Church. Pastor James Green and Finley Grove MB Church will be special guests. Rev. Earnest Jones, host pastor.
• Spring concert H.W. Byers High School chorus, Tues., May 6, 7 p.m. in the elementary school gym. All are invited.
• Book week The Holly Springs Primary School will celebrate Children’s Book Week by hosting a Buy One Get One Free Book Fair May 12 - 16 from 7:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. Buy one book at regular price, get a second book of equal or lesser value free! Stock up for summer reading! Say thank you to your teacher for a great year by purchasing a book for her classroom from her wish list.
• Friends’ Night musical, with the Twilight Singers, Sun., May 18, 6:30 p.m., at the Baptist Seminary, Cuba St. Tickets available at the door. Many groups on program. Everyone is invited to come and take part.
• Harvest Time at Apostolic Church welcomes you to a cookout at the Olive Branch Park. Free food. Gospel singing and music. All singers and musicians welcome. Rev. Carl Waldrop is the pastor.
• anniversary The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will be having their annual church anniversary program at 3 p.m. The special guests will be superintendent Albert Pass and the Christ Temple COGIC of Holly Springs. Curtis Pritchard, pastor, invites everyone.
• Homecoming, Macedonia CME Church, Sun., May 18, 2 p.m. Guest speaker, Rev. Harvey Garrison of Christ New Beginning Church. Food will be served afterwards.
• Decoration Day/Reunion of the Red Banks Cemetery will be held at 9 a.m. Families with a Red Banks or cemetery connection are to bring a covered dish, supplies for cleaning and repairing gravesites. For more information, e-mail: email@example.com
• Homecoming Rising Star MB Church, Pastor Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd., 11 a.m.
• Reunion The Byhalia High School classes of 1976, 1978 and 1979 are having a combined class reunion on July 4-6, 2008. The events will be held at the Byhalia High School gym. The cost for the reunion is $50 per individual, $75 per couple. For more info. please contact Gloria Jean Malone at 901-491-2440 or James Jones at 901-216-2545.
• ATTENTION: Byhalia High School Classes 1977, 1978 and 1979 will have a combined class reunion on July 4-6. For more information, please contact: Class of 1977 - Gloria Malone, 901-491-2440; Class of 1978 - Lola Thomas, 662-401-1960; Class of 1979 - Juanita (Phillips) Smith, 662-838-3509.
• Time change Free Branch MB Church, Pastor A.V. Warren Jr., announces morning worship hour changes: first and third Sundays, 11 a.m., Sunday School 9:45 a.m.; second, fourth and fifth Sundays, 9 a.m., Sunday School the Wed. before those Sundays at 6 p.m., prior to Bible study. Bible study, Wed., 6 p.m.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, classes of 1980, ’81, ’82 and ’83 are planning a reunion. Please call Paula Wheeler-Davis, 838-7194, firstname.lastname@example.org; Vivian Rogers-Gulledge, 901-870-1210; Ruby Shaw Blackmon, 838-6996 or Martha Jones Rogers, 901-361-8480, for more details.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page