Thursday, April 10, 2008
Calendar of Events
• Quick Bites program “Don’t Spread Lead,” by Dr. Bobbie Shaffett, associate Extension professor, Family Resource Management, MSU will be held at noon, Thursday, April 10 at the Marshall Co. Extension office. Call 662-252-3541 to register.
• Meeting The Institute of Community Services, ICS will host a Town Hall meeting on April 7, at the Marjean Taylor-Myatt Head Start center beginning at 10 a.m. The public is invited. City officials have been invited. The Head Start center is located at 170 West Valley. For further information, please call 662-252-1582-159.
• Meeting Marshall County Retired Education Personnel will meet Friday, April 11, 12 noon at Annie’s Restaurant. Lawrence Autry will serve dinner to the retired teachers that day.
• Fish fry will be held at Emory Independent Methodist Church, 872 Watson Road, 5-7 p.m. Adults $10, children 5 and under $5, includes fish, French fries, hushpuppies, cole slaw and homemade desserts. All proceeds go toward the church mission trip 2009. For more information call 838-7878.
• Pastor and wife’s banquet Guest speaker, Rev. Marvin Brooks. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• Salad Luncheon and Fellowship Reid’s Gift Church, Potts Camp, 4 p.m. There will be 25 different salads with a $6.50 donation. Sponsored by Senior and Junior Usher Board. Chairperson is Shirley Peyton, 662-564-4040; co-chairperson is Pauline Carter; advisor is Rhonda Alford; and pastor is Jerry L. Williams. Dr. Bessie Tables will be the guest speaker.
• Women’s Conference Marshall Baptist Association Women’s Conference will be held at Slayden Baptist Church Activity Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Lunch and childcare are provided. Elze West will lead the conference. Kathy Burns, Mississippi State Consultant, will close session. If you plan to stay for lunch please call the church office at 662-252-4559.
• Missionary Day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Missionary Day program honoring the first lady, Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. The special guests will be Evangelist Crutchfield and Kings Temple COGIC of Memphis. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard.
• Singing Emmanuel Baptist Church, Red Banks Rd. Featured singers will be Still Blessed. Fellowship supper is at 5 p.m., singing begins at 6 p.m. Bro. Don and congregation invite all.
• Writing workshop, April 12, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Road, Byhalia. Rev. Hubie L. Nelson, host pastor.
• Car wash and fish fry, April 12, at Fitch’s Car Wash, next to the United Center, 9:30 a.m., for Yarbrough Chapel CME Church.
• Youth banquet St. Paul MB Church, Sat., April 12, 6 p.m. at the Outreach Center. For more info. call the church at 838-4774, Josie Thomas, 838-4640 or Nancy Richmond, 838-2841.
• Revival First Baptist Church Byhalia is having our spring revival April 13 - 16. Sunday services are at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. with a potluck lunch following the morning service. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday services are at 7 p.m. There will be a dinner served at 6 p.m. during the week for a small fee. Rev. Joe Holder, from Trinity Baptist Church in Waynesboro, is coming to lead our services. The church is located at 2555 Church Street, Byhalia. Call the church at 838-2250 for more information.
• Friends program The Silver Stars’ annual Friends Night will be Sun., April 13 at St. Mark MB Church, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, Rev. Derrick Gibbs; emcee is Bro. Larry Martin of WKRA. Many groups are on the program. Everyone is invited to attend.
• 100 Women in Hats at Community Temple Holiness, 3 p.m. There will be a guest speaker. Host pastor is Frank Moore, 851-3388.
• District meeting Holly Springs District II annual meeting, Christ Temple COGIC, 210 West Park Ave., Holly Springs. Supt. Albert Pass, host pastor. For more info. call the church, 252-5741.
• Pre-musical Christ Temple COGIC, Holly Springs, with various guest choirs. Alfred Ivy and Chris Robinson, ministers of music. 7:30 p.m.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. You need not be a member to attend.
• Quick Bites program will be held at the Marshall Co. Extension Office on Thursday, April 17 at noon on “What’s in your Refrigerator?” by Dr. Jason Brehrends, assistant Extension/research professor, Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Health Education, MSU. Call 662-252-3541 to register.
• Women’s Conference Smith Grove MB Church, April 18-19, Several outstanding speakers. For more info. call Sis. Easter Pigues, 662-895-8962 or Sis. Willie Stewart, 662-252-1303.
• Women’s conference, First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, April 18-19. Call 333-7491 to register.
• Singing program Silver Stars, Sat., April 19, 5 p.m. at Free Branch MB Church, pastor A.V. Warren Jr. The community is cordially invited.
• Rummage sale Mt. Gillian Ministries Youth Department will have a rummage sale, 7 a.m., at Regions Bank in Olive Branch. Marvin D. Brooks is pastor. For more details call 901-859-4191.
• Singing, Sat., April 19, Clear Creek Baptist Church, with Picking Up The Pieces. Fellowship at 6 p.m, singing follows.
• Program The Apostolic Church of Jesus Youth Group, 178 Stonewall Road, Byhalia, will present “Three Tombstones On A Hill,” at 7:30 p.m. For more information call 662-838-8110.
• Meeting The Marshall County Republicans monthly meeting will be held at Rico’s Mexican Restaurant, Hwy. 178 in Byhalia, 10 a.m. The public is invited.
• Pancake breakfast The Marshall County Humane Society will have its annual Pancake Breakfast from 7 a.m. until 10 a.m. at the VFW in Holly Springs. Tickets are $5 each for all-you-can-eat pancakes and sausage with all the fixings. Proceeds will be used toward re-opening Spay/Neuter Clinic.
• Pastor and Wife Pre-Anniversary program will be held at Mt. Gillian Ministries, 219 Valley View Drive, Victoria, 3 p.m. Pastor Corey Boyce and the Mt. Pleasant Church family from Jackson, Tenn., will be our special guests. Marvin D. Brooks is pastor.
• Pastor and wife’s anniversary Kimbrough Chapel Church, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., pastor. Rev. Mark Bryson and New Liberty Institute Church will be guests. Time, 11 a.m. At 3 p.m. pastor and wife’s anniversary, Rev. Patrick Lewis and St. Matthew Baptist Church in Memphis, Tenn. as guests.
• Reunion Holly Springs High School Class of 1998 will be having a reunion planning meeting on Sunday, April 20 at 5 p.m. at Pizza Hut.
• Men’s Day Free Branch Church, Sun., April 20, 11 a.m. Pastor Danny Kimbrough and Hopewell #2 will be guests.
• State drive Harris Chapel MB Church, Benton County, will have their annual State Drive program, April 20, 2:30 p.m. Rev. L.G. Bogard, guest speaker. Everyone is invited. Rev. Dewitt Glover is the pastor.
• SInging Union West Holly Springs Singing Union will hold its fourth annual setting at Yarbrough Chapel C.M.E. Church, located at 2997 Old Hwy. 4 West, 3 p.m. Rev. Van Rayford is president; secretary is Helen Woods Newsom.
• Meeting Holly Springs Band Booster Club meeting, 5 p.m. in the band hall. All parents are asked to attend.
• Revival Rising Star MB Church, April 23-25, 7 p.m. nightly. Special guest is Pastor Ronnie Strong of Coldwater. Pastor, Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd.
• Quick Bites program “Evaluation, Selection and Use of Meats” by Dr. Mike Martin, assistant professor, Animal and Dairy Sciences and Food Science Nutrition and Health Promotion, MSU, will be held at the Marshall Co. Extension Office, Thursday, April 24 at noon. Call 662-252-3541 to register.
• Game show Everyone is invited to the Holly Springs Primary gym, April 24, 5:15, to see the gifted fifth grade class presentation of “Are you smarter than a fifth grader?”
• Pastor and Wife Anniversary will be held at Mt. Gillian Ministries, 219 Valley View Drive, Victoria, 3 p.m. Pastor Shelton Rubin and the New Jeremiah Church family from Memphis, Tenn. will be the guests. Marvin D. Brooks is pastor.
• Super Sunday at Kimbrough Chapel Church, all day with three speakers and three guest churches. Begins at 2 p.m.
• MEn’s Day Sun., April 27, 9 a.m. in morning worship at Free Branch MB Church. Pastor, A.V. Warren Jr.
• Usher Day Rising Star MB Church, April 27, 3 p.m. Pastor Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd.
• Evening of Praise and Baby Contest will be held at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 2:30 p.m. Choirs and solo singers are invited. Pastor Rev. Willie Ward invites everyone.
• Men and Women’s Conference, Mt. Gilliam Ministers, Bishop Marvin Brooks, 219 Valley Dr., Byhalia. Guest speaker will be Prophetess Annette Dukes, co-pastor of Life Changing Ministries of Deliverance, Inc., Dallas, Tx. Services May 1-3, 7 p.m. nightly. Come and bring a friend.
• May Day Parade Lessye L. Davis May Day parade, Sat., May 3, beginning at 11 a.m. on the old MI College campus. For more info. call Obera Muse Jones, 662-252-3232.
• Love day Community Temple Holiness hosts Love Appreciation Day for Mother Lettie Moore, 6 p.m. A love program and great meal will be held. Host pastor is Frank Moore, 851-3388.
• Friends’ Night musical, with the Twilight Singers, Sun., May 18, 6:30 p.m., at the Baptist Seminary, Cuba St. Tickets available at the door. Many groups on program. Everyone is invited to come and take part.
• Decoration Day/Reunion of the Red Banks Cemetery will be held at 9 a.m. Families with a Red Banks or cemetery connection are to bring a covered dish, supplies for cleaning and repairing gravesites. For more information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Homecoming Rising Star MB Church, Pastor Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd., 11 a.m.
• ATTENTION: Byhalia High School Classes 1977, 1978 and 1979 will have a combined class reunion on July 4-6. For more information, please contact: Class of 1977 - Gloria Malone, 901-491-2440; Class of 1978 - Lola Thomas, 662-401-1960; Class of 1979 - Juanita (Phillips) Smith, 662-838-3509.
• Time change Free Branch MB Church, Pastor A.V. Warren Jr., announces morning worship hour changes: first and third Sundays, 11 a.m., Sunday School 9:45 a.m.; second, fourth and fifth Sundays, 9 a.m., Sunday School the Wed. before those Sundays at 6 p.m., prior to Bible study. Bible study, Wed., 6 p.m.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, classes of 1980, ’81, ’82 and ’83 are planning a reunion. Please call Paula Wheeler-Davis, 838-7194, email@example.com; Vivian Rogers-Gulledge, 901-870-1210; Ruby Shaw Blackmon, 838-6996 or Martha Jones Rogers, 901-361-8480, for more details.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page