April 3, 2008
Calendar of Events
• Revival Holly Hill Baptist Church will be April 2-6, 7 p.m. night services except Sunday at 5:30 p.m. Sunday morning services 9:30 a.m. Evangelist Bobby McGillard and team will be conducting all services. Pastor Frank Feathers and congregation invite all.
• Disney’s Beauty & The Beast will be performed at Marshall Academy April 3 and 4, 7 pm., featuring the MA Patriot Performers and MA elementary. Admission is $5.
• Quick Bites program “The Conscientious Gardener,” by Dr. Lelia Kelly, consumer horticulture specialist, MSU-ES will be held at noon, Thursday, April 3 at the Marshall Co. Extension Service, 810 Hwy. 178 East in Holly Springs. Call 662-252-3541 to register.
• Fish fry Cayce Fire Dept., 30 Lee Creek Rd., April 4, 4:30-7 p.m. Sheriff Kenny Dickerson and crew will do the cooking. Fire dues will also be accepted from members at the door. For more info. call 851-7384, 851-7634 or 851-7922.
• Spaghetti supper Victoria United Methodist Church and Red Banks UMC are having a spaghetti supper at 5 p.m. For more information call 901-861-0316.
• Love program for Bro. Robert Pool Jr. who lost his home in a fire. Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, 2997 Hwy. 4 West, Sat., April 5. For more info., call Verlene Sims, 564-1248, 662-660-3662 or the church, 252-1038.
• Yard sale Sponsored by Hudsonville CME Church, at the Multi-Purpose Building, N. Memphis St., Sat., April 5, 7 a.m. until. Come see for yourself!
• Saturday Sessions St. Paul M.B. Church in Byhalia presents The Saturday Success Sessions at the St. Paul Life Center, 1-4 p.m. Information on ACT, financial and experience. Food, fun, facts, knowledge that is free. For more info. call 901-484-3400 or 901-315-7202.
• Rummage sale The Marshall County Humane Society will hold a giant rummage sale at Southern Villa Apartments on N. West St. in Holly Springs across Holy Family Catholic School from 7 a.m. until. Proceeds will be used toward re-opening the Spay/Neuter Clinic.
• Relay for life Mt. Olive MB Church, Potts Camp, will host a fund-raiser at the Holly Springs Wal-Mart, for the American Cancer Society, Sat., 11 a.m. on April 5. Lots of good food will be sold. Call 662-287-8437 for more info.
• Benefit for Mother Sadie Ellis and Mother Larissa Davis to help cover the repairs on the damage done to their home during the storm. Chulahoma MB Church, Sat., April 5, 5 p.m. Many guests and choirs will be on the program.
• Meeting Red Banks Cemetery Association quarterly meeting will be Sat., April 5 at 9 a.m.
• SPECIAL SERVICES April 6-8: The Apostolic Church of Jesus, located at 178 Stonewall Road, Byhalia, will be in revival with evangelist Crockett Kennedy from Hattiesburg. He will be teaching and ministering on “The Tabernacle in the Wilderness.” He will set the tabernacle up in the church. There will be special lighting and smoke effects. Service hours are April 6, 6:30 p.m.; April 7-8, 7:30 p.m. Pastor Garland Loveless and congregation invite everyone to attend these services.
• Rally Jones Grove will have a “Seven Seal Rally”, 2:30 p.m. Seven speakers will be speaking, Rev. Robert Smith, Rev. Michael Johnson, Rev. Nathaniel Johnson, Rev. Sam Swopshire, Rev. Cordaryl Patrick, and others. Everyone is invited. Sponsored by the Women’s Ministry.
• Homecoming Chewalla Baptist Church, April 6, 11 a.m. Revival will be held April 7-9, beginning at 7 p.m. nightly.
• Worship service First Sunday night worship service, April 6, 7 p.m. Rev. Arlean Luellen. Kimbrough Chapel Church, pastor Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• Musical program Rising Star MB Church, 2519 Higdon Rd., 6 p.m. Special guests will be The Supreme Harmonettes.
• Water meeting Marshall County Water Association’s Annual Meeting will be held April 7, at 6:30 p.m. at 512 Wingo Road.
• Quick Bites program “Don’t Spread Lead,” by Dr. Bobbie Shaffett, associate Extension professor, Family Resource Management, MSU will be held at noon, Thursday, April 10 at the Marshall Co. Extension office. Call 662-252-3541 to register.
• Meeting The Institute of Community Services, ICS will host a Town Hall meeting on April 7, at the Marjean Taylor-Myatt Head Start center beginning at 10 a.m. The public is invited. City officials have been invited. The Head Start center is located at 170 West Valley. For further information, please call 662-252-1582-159.
• Meeting Marshall County Retired Education Personnel will meet Friday, April 11, 12 noon at Annie’s Restaurant. Lawrence Autry will serve dinner to the retired teachers that day.
• Fish fry will be held at Emory Independent Methodist Church, 872 Watson Road, 5-7 p.m. Adults $10, children 5 and under $5, includes fish, French fries, hushpuppies, cole slaw and homemade desserts. All proceeds go toward the church mission trip 2009. For more information call 838-7878.
• Pastor and wife’s banquet Guest speaker, Rev. Marvin Brooks. Pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• Salad Luncheon and Fellowship Reid’s Gift Church, Potts Camp, 4 p.m. There will be 25 different salads with a $6.50 donation. Sponsored by Senior and Junior Usher Board. Chairperson is Shirley Peyton, 662-564-4040; co-chairperson is Pauline Carter; advisor is Rhonda Alford; and pastor is Jerry L. Williams.
• Women’s Conference Marshall Baptist Association Women’s Conference will be held at Slayden Baptist Church Activity Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Lunch and childcare are provided. Elze West will lead the conference. Kathy Burns, Mississippi State Consultant, will close session. If you plan to stay for lunch please call the church office at 662-252-4559.
• Missionary Day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Missionary Day program honoring the first lady, Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. The special guests will be Evangelist Crutchfield and Kings Temple COGIC of Memphis. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard.
• Singing Emmanuel Baptist Church, Red Banks Rd. Featured singers will be Still Blessed. Fellowship supper is at 5 p.m., singing begins at 6 p.m. Bro. Don and congregation invite all.
• Revival First Baptist Church Byhalia is having our spring revival April 13 - 16. Sunday services are at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. with a potluck lunch following the morning service. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday services are at 7 p.m. There will be a dinner served at 6 p.m. during the week for a small fee. Rev. Joe Holder, from Trinity Baptist Church in Waynesboro, is coming to lead our services. The church is located at 2555 Church Street, Byhalia. Call the church at 838-2250 for more information.
• Friends program The Silver Stars’ annual Friends Night will be Sun., April 13 at St. Mark MB Church, 6:30 p.m. Pastor, Rev. Derrick Gibbs; emcee is Bro. Larry Martin of WKRA. Many groups are on the program. Everyone is invited to attend.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. You need not be a member to attend.
• Quick Bites program will be held at the Marshall Co. Extension Office on Thursday, April 17 at noon on “What’s in your Refrigerator?” by Dr. Jason Brehrends, assistant Extension/research professor, Department of Food Science, Nutrition and Health Education, MSU. Call 662-252-3541 to register.
• Women’s Conference Smith Grove MB Church, April 18-19, Several outstanding speakers. For more info. call Sis. Easter Pigues, 662-895-8962 or Sis. Willie Stewart, 662-252-1303.
• Singing program Silver Stars, Sat., April 19, 5 p.m. at Free Branch MB Church, pastor A.V. Warren Jr. The community is cordially invited.
• Rummage sale Mt. Gillian Ministries Youth Department will have a rummage sale, 7 a.m., at Regions Bank in Olive Branch. Marvin D. Brooks is pastor. For more details call 901-859-4191.
• Pastor and Wife Pre-Anniversary program will be held at Mt. Gillian Ministries, 219 Valley View Drive, Victoria, 3 p.m. Pastor Corey Boyce and The Mt. Pleasant Church family from Jackson, Tenn. will be our special guests. Marvin D. Brooks is pastor.
• Pastor and wife anniversary Kimbrough Chapel Church, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., pastor. Rev. Mark Bryson and New Liberty Institute Church will be guests. Time, 11 a.m. At 3 p.m. pastor and wife anniversary, Rev. Patrick Lewis and St. Matthew Baptist Church in Memphis, Tenn. as guests.
• Revival Rising Star MB Church, April 23-25, 7 p.m. nightly. Special guest is Pastor Ronnie Strong of Coldwater. Pastor, Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd.
• Quick Bites program “Evaluation, Selection and Use of Meats” by Dr. Mike Martin, Assistant Professor, Animal and Dairy Sciences and Food Science Nutrition and Health Promotion, MSU will be held at the Marshall Co. Extension Office, Thursday, April 24 at noon. Call 662-252-3541 to register.
• Pastor and Wife Anniversary will be held at Mt. Gillian Ministries, 219 Valley View Drive, Victoria, 3 p.m. Pastor Shelton Rubin and the New Jeremiah Church family from Memphis, Tenn. will be the guests. Marvin D. Brooks is pastor.
• Super Sunday at Kimbrough Chapel Church, all day with three speakers and three guest churches. Begins at 2 p.m.
• MEn’s Day Sun., April 27, 9 a.m. in morning worship at Free Branch MB Church. Pastor, A.V. Warren Jr.
• Usher Day Rising Star MB Church, April 27, 3 p.m. Pastor Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd.
• Men and Women’s Conference, Mt. Gilliam Ministers, Bishop Marvin Brooks, 219 Valley Dr., Byhalia. Guest speaker will be Prophetess Annette Dukes, co-pastor of Life Changing Ministries of Deliverance, Inc., Dallas, Tx. Services May 1-3, 7 p.m. nightly. Come and bring a friend.
• May Day Parade Lessye L. Davis May Day parade, Sat., May 3. For more info. call Obera Muse Jones, 662-252-3232.
• Friends’ Night musical, with the Twilight Singers, Sun., May 18, 6:30 p.m., at the Baptist Seminary, Cuba St. Tickets available at the door. Many groups on program. Everyone is invited to come and take part.
• Decoration Day/Reunion of the Red Banks Cemetery will be held at 9 a.m. Families with a Red Banks or cemetery connection are to bring a covered dish, supplies for cleaning and repairing gravesites. For more information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Homecoming Rising Star MB Church, Pastor Robert McClain, 2519 Higdon Rd., 11 a.m.
• ATTENTION: Byhalia High School Classes 1977, 1978 and 1979 will have a combined class reunion on July 4-6. For more information, please contact: Class of 1977 - Gloria Malone, 901-491-2440; Class of 1978 - Lola Thomas, 662-401-1960; Class of 1979 - Juanita (Phillips) Smith, 662-838-3509.
• Time change Free Branch MB Church, Pastor A.V. Warren Jr., announces morning worship hour changes: first and third Sundays, 11 a.m., Sunday School 9:45 a.m.; second, fourth and fifth Sundays, 9 a.m., Sunday School the Wed. before those Sundays at 6 p.m., prior to Bible study. Bible study, Wed., 6 p.m.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, classes of 1980, ’81, ’82 and ’83 are planning a reunion. Please call Paula Wheeler-Davis, 838-7194, email@example.com; Vivian Rogers-Gulledge, 901-870-1210; Ruby Shaw Blackmon, 838-6996 or Martha Jones Rogers, 901-361-8480, for more details.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page