March 20, 2008
Calendar of Events
• SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM The Marshall County Humane Society’s low cost spay/neuter program will be open for the last time at 646 Old Hwy. 78 E. Call 252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at 6 p.m. at the Marshall County Library.
• CATTLE EXCHANGE MEETING. A Cattle Exchange meeting will be held Thursday, March 20 at 6:30 p.m. for all interested cattle producers. Location: Marshall Co. Extension Office, 810 Hwy 178 East in Holly Springs. Call 662-252-3541 to make reservations. Dr. Rocky Lemus, Extension Forage Specialist from Mississippi State University will speak on forages.
• Quick Bites The Marshall County Extension Service offer a Quick Bites program, Thurs., March 20, at noon. Topic will be “Signs of Spring.” Other programs will be scheduled in March and April, so watch for upcoming dates. No charge. Call 662-252-3541 to register.
• Maundy Thursday service First United Methodist Church in Holly Springs will host Holy Week Communion services, Maundy Thursday, March 20 at 6 p.m. The community is cordially invited.
• Good Friday Service Barton United Methodist Church, 3229 Hwy. 309 in Barton invites everyone to attend their Good Friday service, March 21, 12 noon.
• Book signing “The Strawberry Story,” Strawberry MB Church, 2 p.m. Book available for purchase.
• Breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Come and go, 8-10 a.m., First United Methodist Church fellowship hall. Relay For Life fund-raiser. Sponsored by Beta Sigma Phi sorority. $10 per child includes photo with the Easter Bunny and breakfast. Call for reservations by March 17: Suzanne Lafever, 252-5574, Deles Farley, 252-3897. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• BAKE SALE Greenfield Presbyterian Church will sponsor a bake sale at the front door of Wal-Mart, 8 a.m. until. There will be a variety of cakes, pies and desserts to choose from.
• Easter Sunrise service, Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6 a.m.
• Easter service Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, Easter morning, March 23, 10 a.m. Fellowship breakfast will be served from 8:45-9:30 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Jerry Christian Jr. Sponsored by the Sunday School and Brotherhood.
• Easter service Victoria UMC will have Easter Sunrise service on March 23, at 7 a.m. followed by breakfast in the fellowship hall. All are invited to attend.
• BRIDGEWAY BAPTIST CHURCH, located on Taska Road inMt Mt. Pleasant will have Easter Services at 10 a.m. only. No Sunday School this week.
• Community sunrise service St. Paul, St. Mark, Mt. Teamer and Calvin Chapel churches will hold a community Easter service at Calvin Chapel, March 23, 6 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Friday night fight night, Kimbrough Chapel Church, with guest speaker Rev. Joe Wiley and New Shelby Church.
• Fish fry Marshall Academy will have a fish fry at the school field house from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Kenny Dickerson will be cooking his famous fish. Includes slaw, hushpuppies, french fries and a homemade dessert. Contact any senior parent for tickets. All proceeds benefit Project Graduation.
• Class reunion meeting for St. Mary’s, Cadet and Holy Family will be held at Oliver Peyton’s home, 4087 Riverdale, Memphis, Tenn. For directions call 901-292-0698 or 252-5364. Please come!
• Birthday tea Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, Sun., March 30, 3 p.m. Rev. Charles Shack and Beckley Chapel CME Church of Booneville will be our guests. Everyone is invited. Rev. Jerry L. Christian Jr., pastor.
• Men and Women’s Day Kimbrough Chapel Church, 8 a.m., with guest speaker Rev. G.T. Thompson and St. John Church. The public is invited. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
New Hope Baptist Church Hwy. 72 Slayden will be having their annual • Homecoming Sunday March 30. Featured singing group will be the Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn. Fellowship dinner will be served after morning church services then singing will follow. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to come and help celebrate their 20th homecoming.
• Revival First Baptist Church of Holly Springs will have a revival March 30 through April 2, led by Dr. Clarence Cooper and Ronnie Cottingham. Join us for nightly services.
• Fish fry Cayce Fire Dept., 30 Lee Creek Rd., April 4, 4:30-7 p.m. Sheriff Kenny Dickerson and crew will do the cooking. Fire dues will also be accepted from members at the door. For more info. call 851-7384, 851-7634 or 851-7922.
• Spaghetti supper Victoria United Methodist Church and Red Banks UMC Church is having a spaghetti supper at 5 p.m. For more information call 901-861-0316.
• Gospel extravaganza Sponsored by the Galena PTA, Sat., April 5, 6 p.m. at Smith Grove MB Church, Holly Springs. Pastor, Rev. W.C. Connors. Everyone is invited.
• SPECIAL SERVICES APRIL 6-8: The Apostolic Church of Jesus, located 178 Stonewall Road, Byhalia, will be in revival with evangelist Crockett Kennedy from Hattiesburg. He will be teaching and ministering on “The Tabernacle in the Wilderness.” He will set the tabernacle up in the church. There will be special lighting and smoke effects. Service hours are April 6, 6:30 p.m.; April 7-8, 7:30 p.m. Pastor Garland Loveless and congregation invites everyone to attend these services.
• Meeting Marshall County Retired Education Personnel will meet Friday, April 11, 12 noon at Annie’s restaurant. Lawrence Autry will serve dinner to the retired teachers that day.
• Decoration Day/Reunion of the Red Banks Cemetery will be held at 9 a.m. Families with a Red Banks or cemetery connection are to bring a covered dish, supplies for cleaning and repairing gravesites. For more information, e-mail: email@example.com
• ATTENTION: Byhalia High School Classes 1977, 1978 and 1979 will have a combined class reunion on July 4-6. For more information, please contact: Class of 1977 - Gloria Malone, 901-491-2440; Class of 1978 - Lola Thomas, 662-401-1960; Class of 1979 - Juanita (Phillips) Smith, 662-838-3509.
• Time change Free Branch MB Church, Pastor A.V. Warren Jr., announces morning worship hour changes: first and third Sundays, 11 a.m., Sunday School 9:45 a.m.; second, fourth and fifth Sundays, 9 a.m., Sunday School the Wed. before those Sundays at 6 p.m., prior to Bible study. Bible study, Wed., 6 p.m.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, classes of 1980, ’81, ’82 and ’83 are planning a reunion. Please call Paula Wheeler-Davis, 838-7194, firstname.lastname@example.org; Vivian Rogers-Gulledge, 901-870-1210; Ruby Shaw Blackmon, 838-6996 or Martha Jones Rogers, 901-361-8480, for more details.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, class of 1987-88 is planning a reunion. For more info. call Angelo Hardin-Poole, 901-268-0135, Shelia Liggins-Sims, 901-602-9560 or Melissa Shipp-Bowles, 901-849-8623.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page