Thursday, Oct. 18, 2007
Calendar of Events
• SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM The Marshall County Humane Society’s low cost spay/neuter program will be open at 646 Old Hwy. 78 E. Call 252-6196 for the necessary appointment.
• PTA MEETING H.W. Byers PTA meeting will be held at 6 p.m.
• Men’s conference Salt and Light Ministries presents a men’s conference, Oct. 18-21 at the Multi-Purpose Building, 235 Memphis St., Holly Springs. Services will be Thurs. and Fri., 7 p.m. nightly; Sat. breakfast, 8-9:30 a.m.; session beginning at 10 a.m. Sun., worship, 11 a.m.
• FALL FESTIVAL Kimbrough Chapel Church, gospel festival, 10 a.m. until, on the church grounds.
• BANQUET Pastor and wife’s love banquet, True Vine MB Church, Sat., Oct. 20, 7 p.m. in the fellowship hall. All are invited. For more info. call 274-0133. Darrell E. Cunninghham, pastor.
• Rummage sale Holly Springs United Methodist Women will hold a rummage sale, Sat., Oct. 20, 7 a.m. to 12 noon in the parking lot of First United Church. If it rains, it will be held in fellowship hall.
• Conference on violence “Stand Up” and be a voice against violence. Workshops will be held Sat., Oct. 20, at Rust College and the David Beckley Conference Center, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. No admission. For more info. call 662-236-5026.
• MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will have their regular monthly meeting, Sat., 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. Dave Young, chairman of the Marshall County Republicans will be the speaker. The public is invited.
• Fall festival First Southern Baptist Church in Victoria, Oct. 20, with a hayride and wienie roast at 6 p.m. for children 12 and under.
• Special service Harvest Time Apostolic Church, 693 Skating Rink Rd., Victoria. Bro. Bishop from Pace will be preaching. Pastor, Bro. Carl Waldrop invites all. Service times: Sat., Oct. 20, 7 p.m., Sun., Oct. 21, 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Come join us and bring a friend.
• TRAIL RIDE Fitch Farms-Galena Plantation will hold a trail ride for St. Jude Children’s Hospital on Sat., Oct. 20, from 2-6 p.m. A fish dinner will be prepared by Sheriff Kenny Dickerson. Live entertainment by Sonny Jackson. Food, fun and festivities.
• SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church, Oct. 20, fellowship at 6 p.m, singing at 7 p.m. with the Master’s Quartet from Tupelo. Everyone is welcome.
• SPECIAL SERIVCES Harvest Time Apostolic Church, 693 Skating Rink Road, is having special services beginning at 7 p.m. Regular services are Sunday, 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.; and Thursday night service at 7 p.m. For more information call 901-268-8087. Pastor is Carl Waldrop.
• FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT Program will be held at Christ New Beginning M.B. Church, 440 Martin Luther King Drive, 6 p.m.
• CHURCHWIDE YARD AND BAKE SALE will be held at Hillcrest Baptist Church, located at 1580 Hwy. 309 South, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
• PRE-LOVE DAY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a pre-love day program for Pastor Curtis and Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guest will be Elder Gurnette Joyner and The Spirit of Life COGIC of Victoria. Everyone is invited.
• ANNUAL SEVEN SEAL RALLY PROGRAM will be held at Wilkins Chapel CME Church, 2:30 p.m., with seven dynamic speakers. Rev. Michael P. James Sr., pastor, invites all.
• SPECIAL SERVICE Victoria Heights Baptist Church welcomes Lynn and Linda Potts for a special service, 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
• REVIVAL Anderson Chapel CME Church at 6 p.m.; and Oct. 22-24 at 7 p.m. Rev. Ronnie Franklin of Greenwood of Everette Chapel Baptist Church will be the evangelist. Rev. Denise Andrea Modest is pastor.
• AARP Safe Driving Class will be held at the Marshall County Library, 109 E. Gholson Ave. in Holly Springs on October 22-23, 9:30 a.m. till 1:30 p.m. each day. To register for this class call 662-252-3823 by October 19. A material fee will be payable prior to the start of the first day. Class size will be limited to 15 students.
• COMMUNITY FORUM The Holly Springs Pilot Club will have a community forum at the Multi-Purpose Center for Project Lifesaver.
• Benefit fish fry for Marshall County Habitat for Humanity, at the VFW, Tues., Oct. 23, 5-7 p.m. Sheriff Dickerson is preparing the fish. Tickets available from Habitat members or you may pay at the door. Eat-in or carry-out. Proceeds benefit the home building fund for Marshall County Habitat.
•The Coalition for Children and Public Education presents an old-time town meeting about the future of public education in Marshall County, 6:30 p.m., Byhalia High School. Hear from candidates for: lieutenant governor, Mississippi Senate and Mississippi House of Representatives. For more info. call 601-672-0953 or 352-8868.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT Kimbrough Chapel Church, Friday night fight, 7 p.m. with guest Rev. Lawrence Cole, Unity Baptist Church in Collierville, Tenn.
• Fall Festival First Baptist Church Byhalia, Sat., Oct. 27, from 10 a.m. - 12 noon. All children up to sixth grade are invited to attend! Games, crafts, prizes, moon bounce, slide, and lots of candy! First Baptist Church, 2555 Church St., Byhalia, MS, 662-838-2250.
• Seminar The Holly Springs/Marshall County Faith-Based Consortium and Strawberry MB Church invite everyone to a seminar on “the church and community service.” Speaker will be Rev. George E. Young Sr., pastor of Holy Temple MB Church in Oklahoma City, Okla. Sat., Oct. 27, at Annie’s Restaurant, 9 a.m.-12 noon. Cost includes meal and hand-outs. Rev. Willie Jeffries Jr., pastor, Strawberry MB Church.
• HARVEST FESTIVAL Watson Community Church, 2550 Hwy. 309 S, is having a Fall Harvest Festival, 5-8 p.m. There will be games and prizes, hot dogs, and hayride. All are welcome.
• FALL FEST Victoria Heights Baptist Church hosts Fall Fest, 5:30 p.m. There will be family fun, fellowship and food. Pastor Bobby Campbell and congregation invite all. If weather permits, event will be held outside.
• HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL Barton Fire Department is hosting a Halloween Carnival, 5-9 p.m. More information will be given at a later date.
• PAGEANT The Latter Rain Church of Holly Springs will sponsor their annual Little Mr. and Miss Latter Rain Pageant on Saturday, October 27 at 7:30 p.m. The community is invited and refreshments will be served. For more information contact Mother Annie Jones at 551-1507. Elder Joseph Selman is the senior pastor.
• ANNIVERSARY Pastor and wife’s anniversary, Smith Grove MB Church, Sun., Oct. 28, 2 p.m. Pastor James Taylor and Mt. Olive MB Church will be guests. W.C. Conner, pastor.
• WOMEN’S DAY PROGRAM Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church, 3 p.m., Oct. 28. Guest speaker will be Thelma Collins, Samuel Chapel United Methodist Church and mayor of Itta Bena. Rev. Ed Moses, pastor; Sis. Barbara Jenkins, UMW president. Everyone is cordially invited.
• MUSICIAN APPRECIATION at Free Branch MB Church, pastor A.V. Warren Jr. Sun., Oct. 28, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• PRE-LOVE DAY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a pre-love day program for Pastor Curtis and Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert Earl Barber and The Gospel Temple COGIC of Senatobia.
• Homecoming First Baptist Church of Potts Camp, Sun., Oct. 28 with singing about 9:30 a.m. Guest preacher, Rev. John McMullin from Barton. Lunch around noon. Everyone is invited.
• ANNUAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS DAY will be held at Yabrough Chapel C.M.E. Church, 2 p.m., under the leadership of Pastor Jerry Christian Jr. Guest speaker will be Rev. Ronnie Franklin and his Great Choir of Greenwood M.B. Church.
• ANNUAL HARVEST DAY will be held at Walton Chapel CME Church at Waterford, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Elder Kelvin Ransey from Spirit of Excellence Church of Oxford. Everyone is invited.
• MIRACLE HARVEST PROGRAM will be held at Christ New Beginning M.B. Church, 6 p.m. Pastors and ministers speaking will be Arthur Fitzpatrick, Robert McClain, Rev. Robert Garrison, Rev. Timothy Brown, Rev. Edrick Garrison, Rev. Ladryl Odum, and Bruce Williams. The church is located at 440 Martin Luther King Drive.
• Harvest festival The Children’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, Scotty and Lacey Cothern, directors, will host its annual Harvest Festival Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m. Every one is invited to attend. Admission is one bag of candy. For more information or directions please call the church office at (662) 838-4000.
• Hunter Safety Class will be held November 1-2, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.; November 3, 8 a.m. until, at the Potts Camp High School Library, Hwy. 178 E, Potts Camp. Must be 10 years of age. Bring Society Security number. Must attend all ten hours. To register for class, contact 662-563-6330.
• FASHIONETTA Omicron Alpha Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. announces Fashionetta 2007, 7:30 p.m., at Rust College, Doxey Fine Arts Building, 150 Rust Avenue. For more information on this fund-raiser call Wonso Hayes, 662-252-3998 or Christine Ratcliff, 662-252-3195.
• FESTIVAL Galena School PTA is hosting a fun-filled day, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• STEW SUPPER The Slayden-Mt. Pleasant-Early Grove Fire Department will be having a stew supper at the fire station, 5-8 p.m. The meal consists of stew, cornbread, crackers, tea, and dessert. We will also be selling stew by the gallon. Bring your container.
• Men and Women’s Day Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., pastor, Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson. Sun., Nov. 4, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Keith Pendilton of Mt. Zion Taska Baptist Church will be the guest speaker.
• homecoming Sunday Nov. 4 at Holly Hill Baptist Church. Bro Malcom Brock will be preaching the morning service.The service will start at 11 am., fellowship will follow. The Ross Family will be singing at 1 p.m. Bro. Frank Feathers invites all to come and fellowship.
• ANNIVERSARY The Luellen Gospel Singers’ 8th Anniversary will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 2:30 p.m. J.W. Smith Jr. is pastor. Guests will be Hopewell Youth Choir, Great Wings of Joy, Anointed Spiritualettes, J.R. Boyce, Men of Gospel, and Marshall Gail Finley.
• Holy Ghost Revival will be held at Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant beginning November 12 through November 14, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be Elder Kenneth Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nev. Pastor Curtis Pritchard invites all.
• 30 year reunion Sand Flat School (now H.W. Byers) class of 1978 is planning a 30-year reunion. Please contact Velma Garrison Tate at 662-851-7954.
• NIMITZ REUNION The USS Nimitz (CVN-68) Association is looking for shipmates (ship’s company, staff, squadrons and detachments) who served on board the nuclear attack aircraft carrier for a ship’s reunion in Nashville, Tenn., June 19-22, 2008. The Nimitz is currently deployed to the Persian Gulf in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. For more information contact Joe Brunner at email@example.com., or (619) 466-2132 or log onto www.ussnimitzassociation.org for membership.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, classes of 1980, ’81, ’82 and ’83 are planning a reunion. Please call Paula Wheeler-Davis, 838-7194, firstname.lastname@example.org; Vivian Rogers-Gulledge, 901-870-1210; Ruby Shaw Blackmon, 838-6996 or Martha Jones Rogers, 901-361-8480, for more details.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page