Thursday, August 2, 2007
Calendar of Events
YOUTH REVIVAL Mt. Gillian Ministries, 219 Valley View Dr.,
Victoria. Marvin Brooks, pastor. Aug. 1-3, different speakers nightly.
• MARSHALL COUNTY CATTLEMAN'S ASSOCIATION. A program on “Land Values Overview” will be presented by Joseph Hill of the Senatobia Branch of Land Bank of North MS at the quarterly meeting of the Marshall Co. Cattleman’s Assoc. Registration starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Marshall Co. Fairgrounds, 1569 Hwy. 7 North in Holly Springs. Pre-registration is required by Monday, July 30. Call 662-252-3541.
POLITICAL RALLY 5 p.m. on Aug. 2, east side
of the square in Holly Springs. Sponsored by the Pilot Club. Local and
state speakers. The club is asking for donations to sponsor their many
service projects. Food and beverages will also be sold.
• RUMMAGE SALE Watson Vol. Fire Dept. Books, bikes, furn., mattresses, baby items. Most clothes and shoes, 25 cents. Lots of stuff -- inside and outside. Building is air conditioned. Aug. 3-4, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., 115 Watson Rd., just off Hwy. 309 South.
• YARD SALE AND GIVE-A-WAY Fri., Aug. 3, 7 a.m. until. Back to school give-a-way, Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum, 220 N. Randolph, Holly Springs. For more info. call 252-3232.
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H
Club will participate in the National Night Out activities sponsored by
the Holly Springs Police Dept., Spring Hollow walking trail. Please
meet at 6 p.m. to set up. Seniors, this is part of the Congressional
• LITTLE MISS AMICAE The ladies of Zeta Amicae of Zeta Phi Beta will host their annual Little Miss Amicae on Saturday, August 4, at 5 p.m. at the Doxie Auditorium on Rust College Campus. The admission is $3. Please come out and support this event.
• Crunk 4 Christ will be filming on location, August 4, 9 a.m. until noon. Back to School with Purpose Youth Conference, Latter Rain Christian Fellowship, 1720 Martin Luther King Drive, Holly Springs, MS 38635. For more information on the event please contact Sharon White at 662-252-6350.
• BENEFIT YARD SALE The Nurse Angels of Marshall County, a new service organization, will hold a fund-raising yard sale on Aug. 4, on College St., across from Big Star from 7 a.m. until 12 noon. Come get some great stuff and help this worthy new organization get started.
• MEETING The Nurse Angels will have a meeting Aug. 4, right after the yard sale, from 12 noon to 1 p.m. at the Pizza Hut.
BENEFIT Rising Star M.B. Church, 2519 Higdon
Road, is having a benefit program for Consuelo Smith, Aug. 4, 5 p.m.
Everyone is invited. Pastor is Robert McClain. Sponsored by the Dynamic
• Family, Friends and Homecoming Day will be celebrated at Pleasant Hill CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Rev. Matlock and New Salem Baptist Church of Memphis will be guests. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor. Everyone is invited.
HOMECOMING Clear Creek Baptist Church, Aug.
5, 11 a.m. with Bro. Jim Polk. Lunch at 12 noon, singing will follow
with The Tracemen from Ripley. Revival, Mon.-Fri., 7 p.m. with Bro. Jim
Buchanan from First Baptist Church, Potts Camp as guest speaker. Mike
Devoe, music director. Everyone invited.
REVIVAL Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna
Rd., pastor Rev. D. R.J. Wilson, will have their annual revival, Aug.
6-10, 7 p.m. nightly. Rev. Eddie D. Goliday Sr. from Clear Creek
Baptist Church in Oxford will be the guest evangelist. Please come join
• CONCERT Big Daddy Weave will have a concert at The Flame at the Byhalia Methodist Church. Call for details, 838-2237.
REVIVAL Free Branch will have their revival
August 9 and 10, 7 p.m. Pastor Charles Dooley of Hamilton Chapel will
be the guest speaker. Pastor is A.V. Warren Jr.
• GOSPEL PLAY Back by popular demand, “The Last Train To Glory,” Aug. 11, 7 p.m. at the Harrell Theatre, 440 Powell Rd., Collierville, Tenn. Sponsored by the Mt. Sinai COGIC Outreach Ministries of Mt. Pleasant. Produced and directed by Evangelist Richenda Pritchard. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard. See any member for tickets.
• Second Saturday, the Marshall County Humane Society’s farmers’ and flea market, will be open from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the VFW in Holly Springs. Call Lynn Pullen at 901-490-8553 for information on getting your own booth.
VIDEO Fannie Lou Hamer video showing, Sat.,
Aug. 11, 1-3 p.m. at the Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum, 220 N. Randolph
St., Holly Springs. For more info. call 252-3232.
• PASTOR AND WIFE LOVE DAY, True Vine M.B. Church will celebrate its pastor’s and wife’s seventh Love Day on Sunday, August 12, 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor T.L. Murden of True Love Full Gospel Baptist Church of Memphis, Tenn. All are welcome to come share in this celebration. Darrell E. Cunningham, pastor.
• CHILDREN’S DAY SERVICE Jones Grove Church, Sun., Aug. 12, during morning worship service. Dinner will be served.
• REUNION Descendants of Henry P. and Nancy Barnes Parker, Sun., Aug. 12, American Legion building in Calhoun City, beginning at 10 a.m. Please bring food and drinks for the potluck lunch at noon. For more info. call Elouise Austin Wolfe, 662-333-3069.
• MUSICIAN APPRECIATION Mt. Zion Taska MB Church, Sun., Aug. 12, 3 p.m. Many, many guest choirs are invited. Pastor, Keith B. Pendilton.
• SINGING Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road and Ravin Roost Road, Holly Springs, with The Keaveds as featured singers. Sunday school will be at 10 a.m., service at 11 a.m. Fellowship at noon. Bro. Charles Knight, pastor and congregation invite all.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY PROGRAM Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, for pastor and wife, Elder Curtis and Richenda Pritchard, Sun., Aug. 12, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Granville Scruggs and Fireside COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Dinner served after service. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard.
TWO SPECIAL SERVICES Mt. Calvary Pentecostal
Church, 1/2 mile south of Goodman Rd. on Cayce Rd. Aug. 12, 10 a.m., 6
p.m. Preaching the word will be Bro. Gordon North; special singing,
Sis. Brenda North. Everyone welcome.
REVIVAL CRUSADE The Harris Chapel Missionary
Baptist Church located at 2639 Hoover Road will have a
“Revival Crusade” August 15-17, 7 p.m. nightly. The
speaker will be Pastor Dewitt Glover.
MEETING Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club juniors,
Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. Preparing for exhibit day in Sept.
HUNTER SAFETY CLASS 8 a.m. until, Marshall
County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 N., Holly Springs. Must be 10 yrs. of age to
be certified. Bring Social Security number. Call 662-563-6330 to
HOMECOMING First Southern Baptist Church in
Victoria is having their annual Homecoming beginning with morning
worship service at 11 a.m. There will be dinner on the grounds after
the morning service. Everyone is welcome.
REVIVAL Rising Star MB Church, Aug. 22-24, 7
p.m. Guest speaker, Rev. Tommy Watkins of Piperton, Tenn. Pastor,
MEETING Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club senior
members, Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. Discussion of Congressional
Award and upcoming bake sale. Completion of pillowcases and work on
• SUMMER TRIP Jones Grove Church will be going to Geyser Falls Water Theme Park in Philadelphia Aug. 25. Admission and bus fees due by Aug. 5. Call Linda Preston, 662-252-6162 or Melissa Vaughn, 662-252-3335 for more info. Sponsored by Jones Grove Women’s Ministry.
• COMMUNITY WORKSHOP Aug. 25, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., concert at 6 p.m. Community Temple Holiness, 1331 Mt. Zion Rd., All choir members, directors, etc. are invited. 662-851-3388. Special guest instructor. Host pastor, Elder Frank Moore.
WOMEN’S PRAYER BREAKFAST Community
Temple, off Mt. Zion Rd., 9 a.m. 662-851-3388. Host pastor Elder Frank
ANNIVERSARY The Twilight Singers are
celebrating their anniversary, 6:30 p.m., at Dreamland.
Groups include Rev. Herbert Smith and Smith Singers from Grand
Junction, Tenn.; Yarbrough Chapel Choir, Brother Love of Memphis,
Tenn.; Stars of Faith, Great Wings of Joy, Gospel Travelers, Silver
Stars all of Holly Springs; Southernaires of Potts Camp; Southern
Harmonizers of Coldwater; and Keisha Smith of Grand Junction, Tenn. MC
will be Rev. John Powell.
REUNION Descendants of Estell Glass Faulkner
and the late Annie Glass Craine, Sept. 1, at the home of Eliza Mae
Craine, Hwy 309 South, Byhalia. All family and friends are invited.
MUSICIAN APPRECIATION Rising Star MB Church,
Sept. 9, 3 p.m. Pastor Robert McClain.
• NIMITZ REUNION The USS Nimitz (CVN-68), Association is looking for shipmates (ship’s company, staff, squadrons and detachments) who served on board the nuclear attack aircraft carrier for a ship’s reunion in Nashville, Tenn., June 19-22, 2008. The Nimitz is currently deployed to the Persian Gulf in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. For more information contact Joe Brunner at email@example.com., or (619) 466-2132 or log onto www.ussnimitzassociation.org for membership.
• REUNION Byhalia High School, classes of 1980, ’81, ’82 and ’83 are planning a reunion. Please call Paula Wheeler-Davis, 838-7194, firstname.lastname@example.org; Vivian Rogers-Gulledge, 901-870-1210; Ruby Shaw Blackmon, 838-6996 or Martha Jones Rogers, 901-361-8480, for more details.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 252-2114 or 252-7570 for van transportation. We have lots of activities every Wed. night with game time, in the new family life center.
• RECOVERY PROGRAM The Most Excellent Way, a Bible-based Scriptural recovery program for all types of addictions. Women’s and co-dependent meetings every Tues., 7 p.m. Men’s group meeting every Thurs., 7 p.m. Meetings are at Longview Heights Baptist Church, 4501 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch. Contact Mary or Mike, 662-893-3912.
• AA MEETING - New, open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page